Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Not sure you could call him a man, looks like a boy to me.

Not to be unfair to him of course, nobody really knows what they would do in a situation like that * I guess *.

That said, I wouldn't have taken the route of abandoning my family to save myself.
    How the hell can you call him a "boy" in a negative way if you have never been in similar situation? You totally have NO idea how it feels when someone tries to kill you when you are absolutely defenseless. God, such an ignorance.

And to those, who say that animals protect their children. Yes, they do. And also they eat their own children, accidently stomp them, leave them dying alone if they are not fast or strong enough.

Deleted
    Don't pay attention of this kind of comments. Propably just some low life trolling.

Survival instincts kick in.

Nothing to do about it, eventually, for any logical human being, the person you love the most is yourself.
    You can get a new girlfriend later. Even a new baby later. But bullet holes hurt.

I honestly don't know what i would have done. You can't really say what you would have done until you actually have a man with guns pointing right in your direction and several people have already been shot. Some people have different reactions.

Some may get up, beat the shit out of the dude because they're stone cold badasses and like to be heroes.
    Some may run in fear leaving loved ones behind to suffer.
    Some may even shield their loved ones from being executed, and i thank those men who did such things for their families.

But you can't really judge someone on a subject like this because I'm sure it's one scary as hell situation and i know for a fact that i would be scared for my life if i were there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really going to turn our ire on someone other than the shooter. Some people are cowards but he didn't kill anyone himself.

Pretty normal reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    If we're going to live in a society where men and women are equal, why should a man be looked down upon where if a woman did it, people wouldn't care as much and there wouldn't be a YouTube video about it?
    Ah, sweet innocent man! Equality is just the feminist way of saying "We're not equal, we're better".

Doesnt matter if it was a man or woman, they need to turn in there parent card.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame him for running, a guy is in a theatre with a gun, most people would panic. Though him driving away.... That's inexcusable.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Ah, sweet innocent man! Equality is just the feminist way of saying "We're not equal, we're better".
    I'm not allowed to comment on this or my girlfriend will somehow find out. I will just say "Oh."

But on topic, bravery isn't a trait everyone is born with or develops. I don't think I could be in the military, a firefighter or a police officer. It takes a certain type of individual to be inherently brave, and I know when I go to the movies I don't plan for such events to occur.

Deleted
    Nobody is comparing him to the shooter. Everybody knows he is the bad guy. But abandonning your kids like that just to save your own butt isn't in any way excusable. In a situation like like this, I would shield my boy without any hesitation. Because I make my mind that his life is more important than mine the day is born. And any man who don't, doesnt deserve to be a father.

10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't really look like a man. I dressed like that when I was in middle school, but I am being judgmental. He looks like a kid without knowing his age. he was probably just a scared kid not knowing what to do.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-07-27 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    It is not a sex war issue. It would have been as shameful as if he was a "she".

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    While I'm at it... Gogo sexism! 'Turn in your man card' and all that bullshit. There is no 'being manly' or 'being womanly': it's about being brave or not. Women are just as capable of protecting their family, just like some men aren't. Questioning his 'manliness' is just worsening the sexism issue.
    As somebody who spends countless hours of every day in an all male work environment, I can pretty much tell you that people who peddle around all this "Dude-bro, manly man blah blah blah, let's fight, I would have kicked his ass" crap feel emasculated by matriarchal relationships that they are involved in.

And I've had relationships with women who are more submissive than me, and I ended up being the dominant factor, and I've had relationships with women who were less submissive than me, and they ended up taking the reigns, and welcome to the 21st century, but people need to get over it.

Some guys are highly submissive and will always be their girlfriends bitches, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that; but they can't fool me by posting about how they would have been the hero in a situation like the Aurora massacre and that everybody else is a wimp compared to them.

Hindsight is 20/20 and for all they know if they were there the whole thing could have started with a bullet through their own head, and then they wouldn't be talking so tough right now.

But to the OP, you realize you are pretty much taking survivors of a horrible tragedy, and rating them on their worthiness, and anybody jumping on that band wagon is just as sick as the fucker that was pulling the trigger.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2012-07-27 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    The comments on youtube are disgusting

10+ Year Old Account
    While the man's actions may be questionable, it's hard to predict what anyone would do once 'fight or flight' chemicals kick in.

My aunt is maybe 5'2" and weighs no more 100 pounds. When my uncle had a heart attack on the front lawn, she lifted him into the back seat of an SUV and drove to the Texsan Heart Hospital. He is at least 6'4 and close to 250 pounds.

Adrenaline is a helluva drug...

10+ Year Old Account
    All these people bad mouthing this guy need to realise

We have a fight or flight brain function, this guy's brain obviously chose flight, you can't really blame him for shit when he's put in a situation like that, there IS no rational thought, you don't have the time to choose what to do, it just happens, it's a basic instinct in all human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Though him driving away.... That's inexcusable.
    Once my cat had a surgery, pretty serious one. For damn 5 hours after we have brought him home he was mindlessly walking all over apartment, stumbling upon walls, turning around, walking again untill he would stumble upon something else. Thats what shocked creature does.

Same goes for that man. He was shocked, his survival instincts took over his mind, he did what he could do on autopilot - took his car and rode away.

Life isn't a movie... was he supposed to heroically burst into a room full of gas, then run up to a heavily armed maniac and subdue him with his martial arts skills? Grow up, you weren't there and you clearly have no idea how much fear these people were in, same goes for everyone preaching this nonsense about gender roles taking priority over survival.

Deleted
    A part of me really doesn't want to judge him as i wasn't there and can't even imagine how it must've felt to be there with the smoke grenades and shots going off around you. On the other hand defending your loved ones is basic behaviour for animals, quite a few men took bullets for their girlfriends during the shooting so how the hell this guy couldn't even stick around for his own flesh and blood is beyond me. I'm hoping that girls friends and family will be able to talk some sense into her about the fact he's a poor excuse for a human being. I get he was afraid in that situation but how the hell did his family feel at that time? The youngest child was only 4 months it sounds so how the hell will they feel when they get older and learn that their own father left them in that situation.