Fitness Club Pet Peeves

- when people put their water bottle on a bench/machine that they are not even using

- people who do bicep curls by swinging their arms up and down without actually doing any curling

- when senior citizens engage in full blown locker room conversations while completely nude

- the need to slam your dumbbells to the ground after a set just so everyone knows how much you can put up

- individuals who enjoy repeatedly lifting up their shirt to view their abs in the mirror (even if they are not even doing abs atm)

- the smell of canned tuna fish near the desk where all the personal trainers hang out

Deleted
    - People that makes tons of noise in the locker rooms.

- People that spend all their time conversing, or even worse conversing (and taking up room) when they are obviously not planning on working out (and usually not being dressed for it either).

- When someone completely changed one of the aviable squad racks so they can use it for dips or chin ups when there are several other areas where they can do those exercises perfectly without switching around on the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who leave absurd amounts of weight on the plate loaded machines.

I go to the local leisure centre to "workout" and I've noticed an alarming number of guys love wandering around the locker room naked & chatting to each other, jeez man, put it away!

My pet peeve in there though is the fact that people seem to want to chat with me while I'm on the machines, I'm not fit, so when I'm jogging on the treadmill the last thing I want to do is discuss anything with you so don't get to pissed off when I don't reply. There's also one woman who will talk to the regulars for 10-15 minutes at a time, i swear she's in there for 90 minutes but only actually does 10 minutes of actual activity generally on the rowing machine whereby she almost curls the thing as opposed to pulling it!

Oh and my pet peeve from a completely useless standpoint is when there's no eye candy while I'm in there, my legs don't feel so heavy when there's an attractive lady around.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonnau View Post
    - when people put their water bottle on a bench/machine that they are not even using

- people who do bicep curls by swinging their arms up and down without actually doing any curling

- when senior citizens engage in full blown locker room conversations while completely nude

- the need to slam your dumbbells to the ground after a set just so everyone knows how much you can put up

- individuals who enjoy repeatedly lifting up their shirt to view their abs in the mirror (even if they are not even doing abs atm)

- the smell of canned tuna fish near the desk where all the personal trainers hang out
    I agree with all but the dumbbell part, I don't drop them to show off I drop them because I went to failure and I honestly couldn't bare to hold them any longer.

This is just me, I know some people do it without going to failure but it never really got to me, I know these are YOUR pet peeves, but just saying, lol its not always to show off!

- Watering fountains, seriously I have no idea who used it, touched, what they have, where they've been etc.

- People coming over and just watching you on your sets, not even using the machine after me, but just watching... creepers, I get it, maybe you want advice, ask, don't just watch...

- When dudes dry their balls for hours in the locker room.

Deleted
    People that occupy the benchpress bench+barbell for 45+ minutes.

Deleted
    Oh! Where to start!

I work in the financial district of London...it's where, pretty much, all of the biggest males arseholes in the city also work...and gyms can often bring out the worst in guys...sooooo...it's like, arseholes-cubed.

People who park their arses on a machine and then sit and watch TV.

People who don't clean up their sweat after themselves!

Grunters. (when done for show)

Droppers. (when done for show)

Anything else done for show.

Spitters.

People who "reserve" places on machines or mats with a towel and then go and do something else.

People who don't replace equipment.

People who grab 1000 pieces of equipment.

People who dawdle.

Any kind of anti-social or inconsiderate behaviour.

Any kind of competitive behaviour when one of the participants is unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonnau View Post
    lol

I have had similar experience to this

10+ Year Old Account
    I really only have one that bugs me the most.

- People who act high and mighty when they watch a new comer use the equipment. (It's the people who scoff or "bro"-tude the new guy instead of helping him/her.)