New PvP Server Tichondrius vs Kel Thuzad

Hey everyone, so I am currently playing on Korgath, and its alright and everything, but theres just a lack of rbg guilds so I am looking for something more.

Now, for PvP servers, we would all be safe to say that the best come down to Tich and KT. They have the most active players, high rated teams and lots of RBG groups going on all the time. But which is going to be best in the long run? I am transferring before MoP, so I will be leveling on one of these servers.

What are the pros and cons of each server? Do you often have to wait in queue to get onto the realm? Are there lots of rbg pugs that are successful past 1800ish? Mostly good players, or mostly noobs?

thanks for replying

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

Tich is a launch (or near launch server) isn't it?

Odds are you should probably steer clear because while it's fine now, there's likely going to be major queues come MoP.

KT is not a server where you will get RBGs past 1800 from trade. you need to join Dara or NAO Gaming in order to find 1800+ rbgs. The trade chat RBGs are sub 1800 every single time. I haven't seen a queue in a while. There are also some serious assholes there, just warning you.

I like Darkspear, I only play there because my friends play there. If I had to choose any PvP server I would actually go on Kil'Jaeden because Kil'Jaeden has a 1:1 ratio Horde and Alliance with very good PvPers on both sides which brings some great world PvP and it will be amazing when MoP come IMO. I heard that there are alot of jerks on KT and arena rating boosters spamming chat. Not really sure about that... Tich, IDK about that realm, I heard some good things, not much better than any other server. If you are looking for PuG RBGs I suggest to not because they take forever to put together and are not well organized which make a fail RBG IMHO. Search the realm forums or hop on each realm and just ask around if there are any guilds that plan to RBG frequently in MoP! Good luck!

KT is a good server if you're amazing at PvP.. some serious perfectionists on that server.
    I rerolled on there and made a rogue, got him to 85 and didnt get to join a single RBG because everyone wanted people with pro ratings.

Yep, I'm on KT and I can tell you it is full of Elitists. and 1/4 of trade chat is people spamming advertising rating boosts. I honestly would not recommend it unless you're a multi-glad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korgath is that bad really? I thought it was a really good alliance server considering it isn't grossly overpopulated but still maintains skilled players and a thriving AH.

If I were you I would stick to your original server. But if I had to choose between the two I would say Tichondrius.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from a pve server and have never had any trouble finding cross realm pugs on KT and tich from 1800 all the way up to 2k

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but are we talking EU or US here?

Not sure if talking horde or ally Korgath but Ally side always has people looking for 1800+ players for rbgs.

Playing on Nightfall is a nightmare, I can tell you that at least. Looking at the ranks on the arena ladder on the official WoW Armory, KT has about 3-4x more (Not an exaggeration) people 2200+ than most battlegroups combined. KT really should be it's own battlegroup. I play on Demon Soul and 90% of everything you go against is KT. (In Arena, not RBGs)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm sorry, but are we talking EU or US here?
    US, unless EU has 2 servers named Tichondrius and Kel'Thuzad that are extremely populated PVP servers.

I xfered my rogue to Stormreaver. Top 15 US PvE progression, Top 10 US PvP progression, 48/52 H/A ratio, EST, high pop. Good AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Korgath is that bad really? I thought it was a really good alliance server considering it isn't grossly overpopulated but still maintains skilled players and a thriving AH.

If I were you I would stick to your original server. But if I had to choose between the two I would say Tichondrius.
    Everything you said about korgath is just lol wrong - Good alliance server? Ok, it is 2:1 ally\horde. Overpopulated? It's medium to low populated. Skilled players? By skilled you mean win traders, who sit on their 2600 rating for months?

Im not bashing a single player on korgath, just stating facts from personal experience. Korgath is a god awful server