Thread: Elemental DPS

Elemental DPS

So i just pulled rougly 33k on ultraxion and im wondering if i could be doing more or if this will suffice. i want to be doing the most DPS possible and i cant help but feel that im a bit lacking. please take a look at my gear/chants/gems/stat choices and help me improve. I know the rotation/priority. I do fire totem>FS>LB>LiB to 7-9 stacks> earth shock.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...balamps/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyrebel View Post
    So i just pulled rougly 33k on ultraxion and im wondering if i could be doing more or if this will suffice. i want to be doing the most DPS possible and i cant help but feel that im a bit lacking. please take a look at my gear/chants/gems/stat choices and help me improve. I know the rotation/priority. I do fire totem>FS>LB>LiB to 7-9 stacks> earth shock.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...balamps/simple

over hitcap, not enough spell power, your gear sucks, your a goblin thats like-20% dps

[User was infracted for this post]

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't help for Ultraxxion, but for any fight with movement, Ancestral Swiftness is helpful.

You're only over the hitcap slightly and it's possible you can't easily reforge/regen down to the cap, nor is being a goblin an issue.

Beyond that, make sure you read the FAQ at the top of the forum (or linked in my sig), and get some practice in. Without a log, I can't try and give any specifics, but the usual suspects are improving;

• Searing Totem/FET uptime
    • Flame Shock uptime
    • FET intellect stacking on summon
    • Pre-potting
    • Shock usage to minimize overlap and wasted charges
    • LvB reaction speed, especially with Lava Surge procs

If you're falling behind in DPS (and 33k is probably a bit lower than you're capable of in that gear; I sim you at almost 38k and Ultraxxion performance isn't that far off of sims), you can probably improve on one or more of the above.

Also; especially on Normal, make sure you're delaying using the action button until the last half-second or so you can safely hit it. This minimizes downtime spent in the other realm, but be sure you're still SAFE; if you're pushing it too far and dying to lag/latency, that's not acceptable.

You can also macro Unleash Elements to the action button, which if you're not under a GCD will mean you pop UL at the same time as you change realms. Something like the following;

Code:
    #showtooltip/stopcasting
    /cast Unleash Elements
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    This will show UE as the tooltip, letting you track its CD. Use this rather than manually clicking the button, and as long as you're not on a GCD, UE fires first, but with the same keypress. If you can toss a FS or high-charge ES though, do that instead, then hit this button; it's better damage than the UE (which won't fire because of the GCD you triggered), but the action button is off the GCD and works fine.

Deleted
    The lack of good trinkets is what hurts you the most. I recall getting Cunning of the Cruel and Insignia of the corrupted mind, which added roughly 5kdps.
    Your character is in a good spot to be honest. The spell power might be a bit low.
    I would recommend you to :
    -Download Reforginator and calculate your haste / mastery stat value on the sites / programs that do this ( forgot their name, but it's easy to find them )
    -reforge properly
    -get the HC or at least normal version of Rathrak
    -get the above mentioned trinkets. They will provide you the biggest boost.

That would be it. And don't worry too much. 33k is an ok-ish dps, quite good if it was 10m version.

In my current gear ive set the stat weights to 1.67 for mastery and 1.55 for haste 1.15 for crit
    i get as close as possible to hit cap ( i use reforgenator)

So I have been practicing and practicing my rotation and i pulled 38.5k in an LFR ultrax last night. i didnt have anything special like dark intent.