Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Account-wide titles.

I had a quick search, and forgive me if I missed a thread where this was explained.

I'm leveling a toon to do Herald of the Titans, and my question is; after I have the achievement and title, once MoP goes live and the title becomes account-wide, will I need to keep the toon who earned it in order to keep the title should I have no further use for him?

I remember seeing a shot of the achievement interface from the beta, and it seemed to track which of the toons on your account got which achievement so I'm unsure whether it's permanent or reliant on the toon still being bound to the account.

Cheers.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 01:01 AM ----------

I have one more question, I'm aware that bumping is against the forum rules, so if, in the event that i can't find an answer, should i let this thread die and try again?

Once u get the achievement done, thats all that matters, all ur characters will get it.

Titles wont be account wide, but achievements (including FoS) will. This means any achievement which rewards a title will reward the title across all toons, as long as the toon is at the required level. For example, herald of the titans. You have to be level 80 to enter Ulduar, so all your chars over 80 will get it.

Titles that wont be account wide are the ones such as the old school pvp titles, hand of a'dal etc. They give you a FoS for earning them, and you will also have this FoS over all your toons.

So in short:
    If the achievement rewards a title, ALL your toons will have it, as long as they are level appropiate.
    If the title rewards an achievement, all your toons will get the achievement, but not the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    Titles wont be account wide, but achievements (including FoS) will. This means any achievement which rewards a title will reward the title across all toons, as long as the toon is at the required level. For example, herald of the titans. You have to be level 80 to enter Ulduar, so all your chars over 80 will get it.

Titles that wont be account wide are the ones such as the old school pvp titles, hand of a'dal etc. They give you a FoS for earning them, and you will also have this FoS over all your toons.

So in short:
    If the achievement rewards a title, ALL your toons will have it, as long as they are level appropiate.
    If the title rewards an achievement, all your toons will get the achievement, but not the title.
    I haven't seen a Blizzard post stating as such. Link please?

Quote Originally Posted by jb247 View Post
    I haven't seen a Blizzard post stating as such. Link please?
    There has not been any, tested on beta after I got curious.

There has not been any, tested on beta after I got curious.
    From my understanding, they have not yet implemented it fully on the beta/PTR's as to expedite the character copy process. In other words, what mounts/titles/achievements will be account-wide is still a guess other than what has been explicitly stated by Blue.

From my understanding, they have not yet implemented it fully on the beta/PTR's as to expedite the character copy process. In other words, what mounts/titles/achievements will be account-wide is still a guess other than what has been explicitly stated by Blue.

Cheers for the replies, to clarify; I want the Herald title for my main, who is too high a level to get it. The answers here reinforce what i already suspected, in that I can have the title for my main being, as he is, over the level requirement. The secondary part about needing to keep the toon who actually achieved it was what I was getting at, but is less important. Thanks all.

I wonder if they'll allow things like Bloodsail Admiral and The Insane to go BoA since they fit the criterion of being hellish enough for people not to want to do them twice.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

So in short:
    Can you please confirm if RBG titles will be shared with all my toons ? champion/warlord/high warlord..ect
    if i correctly understood then it falls into the first category. but any confirmation from you would be appreciated.

Alskonda is correct, all my characters on beta have bloodsail admiral and the camel hoarder because my main has them, I cant check realm firsts cause my only one that rewards a title was removed because its a new server, but im assuming all my chars will have that too

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the link for possible mounts us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5633973536?page=15#300. Sorry dont have enough posts to link, lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would make Conqueror title account wide because that grind is terrible on live wow right now. I got exalted with the 3 battleground factions in vanilla trying to get to High Warlord, which sadly I did not get. I think all of the original pvp rank titles should be account-wide too, I know alot of us spent alot of time grinding up those titles..
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I wonder if they'll allow things like Bloodsail Admiral and The Insane to go BoA since they fit the criterion of being hellish enough for people not to want to do them twice.
    My premades have inherited my copied-over paladin's Bloodsail Admiral. Will copy my warlock to see if Hand of Adal and Champion of the Naaru are shared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    My premades have inherited my copied-over paladin's Bloodsail Admiral. Will copy my warlock to see if Hand of Adal and Champion of the Naaru are shared.
    Currently Champion of the naaru is not shared. Checked it two secs ago

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Currently Champion of the naaru is not shared. Checked it two secs ago
    The feats of strength are shared, the titles are not (as of ten seconds ago).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-07-31 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The feats of strength are shared, the titles are not (as of ten seconds ago).
    Yush, same result as me then. Too bad, just hope it becomes account wide later on. I like titles.

currently on the ptr, my warrior has earned the hand of adal title
    but any other toon i got on the ptr do have the achievement but not the title.

i cant say about any other achievement however

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if -of the Horde or -of the Alliance are going to be account wide titles? The actual total kills achievement is account-wide, but I can't choose the title on any of my toons
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    Oh my, I never thought of that! I'd love to get Herald, but only found out about it after my main was 85. This would be a great way to get it anyway! Damn, so much to do in MoP, I think I'll have to quit my job

If an achievement has not become a feat of strength, will obtaining that achievement on one character award the title to all others (level appropriate)?

E.g., if my main has "the Light of Dawn" currently, will all my >= level 80 characters also have that title in MoP?

Additionally, if an achievement has now become a feat of strength, and that achievement had awarded a title when current, will that title be available to all level appropriate characters in MoP? An example of this is "the Immortal"