Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Are you defining the amount of fear he was feeling? Please tell us how much fear he should of endured before this would become acceptable, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Does this really surprise anyone anymore?

How many threads have there been of random people getting shot in florida in the last month alone.

And I don't give a fuck about the trespassing signs, call the cops if theres a violator, don't go all vigilante "hurp derp Second Amendment muuurica'!" and start shooting people because your state has some retarded law.
    Its actually a great law and should be everywhere. This guy used it wrong and should be punished but the law is great. In any state without the law if someone pulls a gun on you and you kill them to defend yourself you go to jail for manslaughter. Hows that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Are you defining the amount of fear he was feeling? Please tell us how much fear he should of endured before this would become acceptable, LOL.
    ---> he is in a car
    ---> guy is walking away from the house
    ---> asks what the guy is doing
    ---> guy says "i'm selling steak knives and sea food"
    ---> fear of steak knives and sea food causes man to shoot salesman
    ---> man is still afraid, shoots him in the head while he's down for effect

Yeah. That line of "fear" doesn't really add up, especially given that he said he would "kill anyone that walked on his property" and shot him in the head "for effect".

Guy needed a clearer sign than 'no trespassing' - should have said 'i am an idiot with a gun, stay away'

More than the amount of fear "endured" by seeing a guy knock on your door and then turn to leave.

I realize you strive to get everything possible wrong, but this is impressive.

Maybe he felt he was about to be bludgened to death by a shrimp.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. How could anyone be fearful of a sales person, especially one who was walking away from you?

It is impossible for you to try and turn this lunatic into the victim for anyone who has common sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Its actually a great law and should be everywhere. This guy used it wrong and should be punished but the law is great. In any state without the law if someone pulls a gun on you and you kill them to defend yourself you go to jail for manslaughter. Hows that fair?
    Well hopefully in states without the law, there are less guns. and no it isnt a great law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope he gets locked up for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    More than the amount of fear "endured" by seeing a guy knock on your door and then turn to leave.

I realize you strive to get everything possible wrong, but this is impressive.
    You still havent given me the magic number on your fear meter that would make this acceptable :P Thats right there isnt one in your world.

"How could anyone be fearful of a sales person"

How could anyone be fearful of a dog? Snake? Spider? When i dont personally find them scarey? So much personal bias in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking or not. How could anyone be fearful of a sales person, especially one who was walking away from you?

It is impossible for you to try and turn this lunatic into the victim for anyone who has common sense.
    Well I'd imagine he was walking towards him, or at least in his direction, as the home owner pulled up in his truck on the road I'm guessing as the salesman was walking down his driveway. Either way, totally unjustified.

@Chadwix - As for using Castle Doctrine for defence... That's horse shit. This isn't a situation that law was implemented for; This man obviously wanted to kill someone and this guy was the unlucky fella. Executing him is most definitely not covered in that law... Hell, you can even get in trouble for shooting a robber in the back, especially if they're running away or no longer a threat.

You still havent given me the magic number on your fear meter that would make this acceptable :P Thats right there isnt one in your world.

How could anyone be fearful of a dog? Snake? Spider? When i dont personally find them scarey? So much personal bias in this thread.
    You can be afraid of any of these things.

But you can't shoot a person because you're "afraid" when they're unarmed and leaving.

So what if he was scared of sales people which is highly unlikely and bordering on slightly ridiculous, how is that anyone justification for killing him?

You still havent given me the magic number on your fear meter that would make this acceptable :P Thats right there isnt one in your world
    The "magic number" is spelled out quite clearly in legal doctrine - one has to reasonably fear for their life. There's absolutely no reasonable fear for one's life stemming from observing a sales person knock on your door. There's even less reasonable fear for your life when that individual is lying face down in your driveway after they've taken one bullet.

As a side note, using phrases like "Thats [sic] right" to imply that you've been answered in a manner that proves your point just looks painfully stupid.

10+ Year Old Account

So you are trying to say that the guy who shot the sales person has a phobia against sales people? I can only assume that is what you are getting to as you mention phobias. What possible fear could a person feel after shooting an individual who is unarmed and then seeing them hit the floor? What possible danger could that person pose then?

If a person feels fear in that situation then they are a danger to everyone around them for as long as they have access to firearms, and this guy had special permits to have concealed ones, which is a huge problem considering the person needs to be checked on to have that permit. There is also the statements from the sheriff who responded to the 911 call and she stated that the guy was reloading his gun. Pretty casual for a guy in fear for his life.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-07-28 at 08:36 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Going to be honest with that stand your ground law I'm sure hes going to get off these charges
    Well, technically being on someone's property without permission is trespassing. If the guy had signs up saying "No Trespassing" then the salesman was in the wrong for being on the property in the first place. That said, the salesman wasn't in any way threatening the accused killer, so "I was in fear" has no bearing in a court of law when his life was not at all threatened.

I bet if we could bring the people from the past to now who made / developed guns. They would be sick to there stomache at all the mindless gun use / crimes used with them. If i helped make somthing what was used in this stupid way id be so ashamed... :/ that poor man and his family.. i mean.. if there was 3 signs it still dont excuse the actions the man took. How does he get his post? or how to people deliver things? he signs there paper work with a bullet to there face? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    So what if he was scared of sales people which is highly unlikely and bordering on slightly ridiculous, how is that anyone justification for killing him?
    Maybe he realized he isnt stable and put up those no trespassing signs to protect and warn people not to step on his property.

If the salesmen never stepped on his property would he be alive today? Time to start giving some accountability to everyone involved.

Deleted
    So many people in this thread sound like they wished nothing had changed since the wild western movies... Like the only way to live is to come out guns blazing, and pity anyone who gets in your way, and then say you where in your right to shoot the little cup scout girl because the cookie-box could have been a bomb sent there by random gangsters to hurt your family that desperately needs your protection all the time from imaginary dangers.

No really that's actually how some of you sound.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I'm just wondering how anybody in the US is ever going to receive their mail if the postmen have to fear getting killed when they set foot into your yard...

I simply find all the craziness about weapons in the US a tad bit strange. But I guess it has to appear weird to a European. I'd call people crazy if they told me "Hey, I have this gun and that rifle at my house." Seriously... That something like that is normal in the US is one of the reasons why I don't particularly feel the need to go on holiday there.
    We have something in Canada call the Mailbox, where everyone on a street can walk to and get their mail with a key issued by the postal service. The funny thing is that there are still parts of my city that don't have mail boxes and the post office delivers them door to door.