Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I think most door-to-door salesman are illiterate. I have a "no-solicitors" sign on my front door and every couple of weeks I still get someone knocking on the door, trying to sell something or hand out something. And every time, they seem to think that they are the exception.

I don't know why the guy felt threatened enough to kill the salesman. I wasn't there and I don't know what was going through his mind. But it just seems to me that as of late, people have become extremely aggressive toward one another and just based completely on my personal opinion, I think he knew the law and completely abused it for the sole purpose of killing someone because he felt he was in the right to do so.

It seems everytime I turn around, innocent people are being killed with guns. Sometimes I wonder what will happen when all of the hate and anger boils over.
    I did a few months time as a grease salesman, selling grease to businesses. They taught us in our training specifically to ignore the "no solicitation" signs.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I did a few months time as a grease salesman, selling grease to businesses. They taught us in our training specifically to ignore the "no solicitation" signs.
    Yeah ive heard this before too. A friend of mine worked door to door during the summer a couple years ago and told me that they are told to ignore all of those kinds of signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Yeah ive heard this before too. A friend of mine worked door to door during the summer a couple years ago and told me that they are told to ignore all of those kinds of signs.
    I always suspected! Well. No offense. It's none of your faults. That was your job... But what dickish companies :| I wonder what the law is on have a tazer door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    I always suspected! Well. No offense. It's none of your faults. That was your job... But what dickish companies :| I wonder what the law is on have a tazer door.
    It really was kind of a dickish company, but it's standard practice. If the salespeople didn't ignore those signs, companies would only ever hear from the vendor they're already using, and probably miss out on some better deals.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Well, going to a business is one thing. I meant more of residential areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly some people are dumb enough in some states to thiunk people should be trusted with deadly weapons because they're mature enough to KNOW when they REALLY should be fearing for their lives...The recent shootings in florida clearly shows how wrong they were...(And by that I only mean the 2 recent cases...this one and the guy who got shot while just walking back home because he was black and wearing a hoodie...)

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It really was kind of a dickish company, but it's standard practice. If the salespeople didn't ignore those signs, companies would only ever hear from the vendor they're already using, and probably miss out on some better deals.
    Isnt that their decision? You have no right to step on to their property and should be held accountable with a fine and trespassing warrant.

" It's none of your faults. That was your job... "

A couple of hitlers guys that tried this approach, didnt pan out.

You cant booby trap your property.

what is there to be discussed on this topic? that man killed a other man, that's against the law. putting up signs doesn't legitimate a coldblooded murder.
    how stupid do you have to be to try an defend that paranoid idiot.
    If you find his reaction okey, why then not hang up signs "If you look at my house, I will feel threatend by you, and will feel myself obliged to get rid of you as a threat" and then stand at the window with a M60 and have fun!
    omg...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerimae View Post
    Please refrain from turning this into an American hate thread, this had nothing to do with the country itself, maybe the laws but not the country, and please do not stoop so low as to bringing up past massacres just to get back at someone in the thread.

This thread is derailing into nation bashing, lets keep this on the topic of the shooting and less on the topic of America, If this stays this way, I will either close this thread or contact a moderator- Thank you

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/2...QtV334E.reddit

"A man in Cape Coral, Florida on Wednesday was arrested for shooting and killing an unarmed door-to-door salesman on his property.

Kenneth Bailey Roop, 52, has been charged with second-degree murder for killing 30-year-old Nicholas Rainey.

A co-worker who witnessed the shooting said Rainey had knocked on Roop’s door, but received no answer. While Rainey was walking down the drive-way, Roop pulled up in his pickup truck and asked why Rainey was at his house. Rainey explained that he was selling steak and seafood. The witness said Roop then pulled out a black handgun and shot Rainey. As Rainey lay on the ground, Roop fired another bullet into the back of his head.

Roop later told police that he shot Rainey in the head “for effect” and that he had three no trespassing signs on his property. Roop said he feared for his life.

“I’m not going to give him the chance to do something to me,” he told police. “I was in fear.”

An off-duty Collier County sheriff’s deputy was nearby and heard the gunshots. When she arrived at Roop’s property, she found Rainey dying on the ground while Roop was in his garage reloading his handgun.

“He was telling the officer, ‘he stepped on my property, he trespassed, I’ll kill anybody that steps on my property,’ somewhere along them lines. It was just unbelievable,” one witness told the The News-Press. “She never flinched. She deserves a medal. I don’t think he was done [shooting].”

What do you think about this? did he have the right to shoot, in Florida you can kill someone if you think they'll kill you.

Please pay attention to the part stating "I feared for my life" BS! That man was walking away from the house when he shot him, and then shooting him in the head? Never has my face palm left a red mark on my face before this.

Wow way to make me depressed

I feel so bad for Rainey's family. their husband/father/son was just doing a honest job and got killed for it. my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    As in, someone knocks on your door and is tazed? It's a grey area because technically Tazers are still considered "non-lethal" inappropriately by Police, but they can kill. Which means you're in the manslaughter category because you lacked intent or malice if they do. If someone touched your door and died (or was even injured) you're on the hook for it, just as you're not legally permitted in the US to booby-trap your home with things like spring guns. Otherwise, I'd venture every time someone's tazed touching your door there's a good case for battery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chouzan View Post
    As in, someone knocks on your door and is tazed? It's a grey area because technically Tazers are still considered "non-lethal" inappropriately by Police, but they can kill. Which means you're in the manslaughter category because you lacked intent or malice if they do. If someone touched your door and died (or was even injured) you're on the hook for it, just as you're not legally permitted in the US to booby-trap your home with things like spring guns. Otherwise, I'd venture every time someone's tazed touching your door there's a good case for battery.
    The correct term is "less than lethal," the (deliberately) ignorant media is the one that keeps throwing around the "non-lethal" label.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Put yourself in the man's situation. If you didn't recognize someone who was knocking on your door, would you not shoot them too?

lol, I'm kidding. But um, I guess you could say it's premeditated, but that would be hard to prove. For instance, say I wanted to shoot someone and was convinced that I could shoot the next stranger that knocked on my door and get away with it by claiming self defense? I could see some sick people out there thinking like that. I don't know, man. The execution shot is really the biggest factor here, but then again, I freaked out and shot someone 30 times the first time I killed someone, so I don't know. Literally had to change magazines.

Deleted
    Git offa ma property!
    -Fuzzy Lumkins-

Deleted
    I am lucky that it is not easy to get gun in my country. It is sad story.