Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The solo queing in this game is completely broken

Every game I join in draft pick while solo que has someone who refuses to accept they didn't get the role they came for. Whether or not you like that you're last pick or didn't call mid or w/e, that is how people play. I can't tell you how many times I join a game, am first pick and say, hey I'm going to jungle guys! Then 3rd pick guy says no I'm jungling, and proceeds to lock in as a jungle with smite. There is a serious flaw in game design when something along those lines happens 9/10 draft pick lobbies I join.

Theres needs to be a system, similar to WoWs LFG, that lets people que for the role they want. You can que for all 5 roles, or just 4, or just 1 role even. Surely there are enough players in the game that this wouldn't extend que times anywhere past the average 2.5 minutes. It's absolutely frustrating having to que dodge and wait 5 minute because someone wanted to be a spoiled brat and throw a tantrum that because they didn't get top they'd now ALSO top and even threaten to feed.

Anyone else completely fed up with this broken system?

Sidenote: If you're only response is "get some friends to play with, this is what you get for solo queing" don't even bother posting. It's hard enough finding reliable and consistent players as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the system thats the problem its the players wo act like that wo are the problem.

A system like LFG would be horible as it makes the meta a Must instead of a choice limiting the game alot.

Leavers have to wait 30 min u maybe 2 sec for the next group. Players wo ruin the game on purpose be banned.

and to repeat the key point:

Players are the prob not the system itself

I quite enjoy filling the gaps in solo queue though. Gives me an opportunity to learn other roles and get better without the threat of it being ranked.
    RETH

Deleted
    Who plays solo queue anyway, LoL is a quite good game when played with others, but played alone it's just very boring.

Maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here, as I'm not 30 myself yet, but when I queue solo which is always... I can easily leave the game at the picking stage with only a 5 minute penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here, as I'm not 30 myself yet, but when I queue solo which is always... I can easily leave the game at the picking stage with only a 5 minute penalty.
    Same here, from what I understand it stacks with consecutive leaves or something like that. If I ever leave it's a 5 min penalty, the second is 10 minutes. Not sure what comes after that though, never got that far hahah.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Its not the system thats the problem its the players wo act like that wo are the problem.

A system like LFG would be horible as it makes the meta a Must instead of a choice limiting the game alot.

Leavers have to wait 30 min u maybe 2 sec for the next group. Players wo ruin the game on purpose be banned.

and to repeat the key point:

Players are the prob not the system itself
    Well to tackle your response...

I'm a firm believer and supporter in the meta, it's been proven to work, it maximizes gold income for the team and makes use of the valuable red and blue buffs. It also adds some consistency to the game, you can predict what the opponent will be doing before the game starts, allowing you to adapt, which I think, is a good thing. There is a reason I'd say 9/10 of the draft pick games I join follow the meta, because it works.

Draft pick I feel is where the slightly above average players go, you have to be level 30, so at that point you SHOULD know how to play fairly well. If you don't like the meta and don't want to follow it, there is a place for you, the normal blind pick.

It isn't a 30 minute penalty, it's 5 minutes and then 10 mins for the second dodge after and I believe it stacks.

The current system promotes this terrible game behavior since it doesn't penalize players who don't follow the "unwritten rules", and don't like playing for the team.

Deleted
    It would actually be nice to be able to check which roles you're comfortable playing and have matchmaking consider that when putting together a team.

However although the game is balanced around it, the meta is isn't some sort official way to play. If the meta or roles were "enforced" like this it would probably make the game more stale.

You're best of playing with friends, accepting the teams you get or just dodging the queue.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2012-07-28 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Same here, from what I understand it stacks with consecutive leaves or something like that. If I ever leave it's a 5 min penalty, the second is 10 minutes. Not sure what comes after that though, never got that far hahah.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 10:37 AM ----------

Well to tackle your response...

I'm a firm believer and supporter in the meta, it's been proven to work, it maximizes gold income for the team and makes use of the valuable red and blue buffs. It also adds some consistency to the game, you can predict what the opponent will be doing before the game starts, allowing you to adapt, which I think, is a good thing. There is a reason I'd say 9/10 of the draft pick games I join follow the meta, because it works.

Draft pick I feel is where the slightly above average players go, you have to be level 30, so at that point you SHOULD know how to play fairly well. If you don't like the meta and don't want to follow it, there is a place for you, the normal blind pick.

It isn't a 30 minute penalty, it's 5 minutes and then 10 mins for the second dodge after and I believe it stacks.

The current system promotes this terrible game behavior since it doesn't penalize players who don't follow the "unwritten rules", and don't like playing for the team.
    The thing is the meta constantly changes, it wasnt to long back you put your ad carry in mid. If you had LFD queue system all the niche champions would be left out of play

Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    The thing is the meta constantly changes, it wasnt to long back you put your ad carry in mid. If you had LFD queue system all the niche champions would be left out of play
    There was a riot post saying they are very happy with champion selection, over 70% of champions are played with in a competitive environment...I doubt they care to much about a few champions not being played in draft pick.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    There was a riot post saying they are very happy with champion selection, over 70% of champions are played with in a competitive environment...I doubt they care to much about a few champions not being played in draft pick.
    They actually do care. Eve, Xin fixes, yep? Incoming Karma rework? And it's awesome that old champions aren't forgotten.

And, tbh, solo queing is broken evertwhere, including WOW. Just go do some BGs hahaha.
    Last edited by akts; 2012-07-28 at 03:46 PM.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Deleted
    I agree.

Honestly, if you dont want to follow the meta, go queue with a full premade and make plans beforehand. But when it's solo-queue, we have to realize the community is absolutely horrible, and it's a long way from changing. So why not put a meta-limitation on DRAFT MODE (Unranked and Ranked) only? Leave blind pick for the newcomers who dont quite yet know the meta?

And I know, being forced to follow the meta sounds annoying, but the benefits far outweights the losses. Until the community grows some common decency, I'd much rather have the "LFG system".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    So why not put a meta-limitation on DRAFT MODE (Unranked and Ranked) only? Leave blind pick for the newcomers who dont quite yet know the meta?
    Because 1 person out of 20 queues up as a support and there you go, instant invites for supports, 20 minutes wait time for everyone else. And you can't nerf the dungeon so any ret paladin can tank it because there is no dungeon to be nerfed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    Because 1 person out of 20 queues up as a support and there you go, instant invites for supports, 20 minutes wait time for everyone else. And you can't nerf the dungeon so any ret paladin can tank it because there is no dungeon to be nerfed in the first place.
    I really don't think que times would be an issue. It's 2.5 mins average I'd say to join a draft pick game. There is guaranteed to be someone to play the least liked role, support, in every lobby. They may not like it, but there are TONS of people who play whatever is left. I'm sure if they qued for everything in a lfg system they'd probs get support a lot, if they didn't like that they would just take support out of their roles they would play. Que times wouldn't be affected drastically, max 5 min wait time for a game. 5 minutes to play a round that will probs last between 30-45 minutes average is pretty damn good if you ask me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think que times would be an issue. It's 2.5 mins average I'd say to join a draft pick game. There is guaranteed to be someone to play the least liked role, support, in every lobby. They may not like it, but there are TONS of people who play whatever is left. I'm sure if they qued for everything in a lfg system they'd probs get support a lot, if they didn't like that they would just take support out of their roles they would play. Que times wouldn't be affected drastically, max 5 min wait time for a game. 5 minutes to play a round that will probs last between 30-45 minutes average is pretty damn good if you ask me.
    It doesn't mean they will queue as supports. At all. And the longer the average game lasts the worse queue time will be if any role discrepancy (did I spell it right?) occurs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Riot wants to just define a meta and have everyone play it like that. So what if they add this LFG thing, it doesn't remove the idiots from queueing. You sit in queue longer and have just as high a chance of getting some 13 year old feeder that's going to talk trash to everyone if the game goes sour. Then you'll get the people who queue as support to get faster queues and just pick some other champions instead. Do you then force people to have to only play the regular supports? This is the League community, people would find a way to fuck it up and queueing the "LFG" or whatever you want to call it will become a hassle. I know you said you don't want to hear "find friends/people to queue with" but tbh that's the only way to reliably do what you want.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-07-28 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 30 minute penalty is for dodging a ranked queue, which also uses draft pick.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I don't think Riot wants to just define a meta and have everyone play it like that. So what if they add this LFG thing, it doesn't remove the idiots from queueing. You sit in queue longer and have just as high a chance of getting some 13 year old feeder that's going to talk trash to everyone if the game goes sour. Then you'll get the people who queue as support to get faster queues and just pick some other champions instead. Do you then force people to have to only play the regular supports? This is the League community, people would find a way to fuck it up and queueing the "LFG" or whatever you want to call it will become a hassle. I know you said you don't want to hear "find friends/people to queue with" but tbh that's the only way to reliably do what you want.
    So you're saying that the current system keeps the 13 year old feeder kids out? You're saying that would start JUST because of a LFG system? Riot seems to do a good job no promoting such behavior with the current implementation. You que as support, okay then, Riot will just let you pick from available support champs they define as support under all the champion filters when you're at the store, or looking at the champs you own. Easy solution to stop people from queing as support for fast ques, then choosing mid or something else. No offense, but nothing that you said is really an issue that can't be fixed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you gather that information about what I posted? Seriously? I said there will STILL be those players that make the game miserable. Not once did I state that a new LFG system would produce these players. It doesn't matter what role a person plays. Making it so people have to play the meta isn't exactly a primary concern to Riot at this moment. Also have you even looked at the champions they considered support? A bunch of people would queue as support and be able to do anything they want in the game for a quick queue. I mean they could refine what they consider as support but then there will be people who bitch about not being able to play support Shen. (Just an example, not saying TONS of people do that but I'd imagine there are some and you know the Riot community complains about everything). Now please, tell me how the issue of how horrible the community is going to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I agree with this, if you set up the LFD system with the meta. It would leave out some creative playstyles. Hell you wouldnt even be able to have stuff like nunu support because he isn't flagged as it, and was only a few months back with he became truly popular in support role. Im sure some team also tried fiddlesticks support not long back aswell, which would also be impossible due to be being classed as a support.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying that the current system keeps the 13 year old feeder kids out? You're saying that would start JUST because of a LFG system? Riot seems to do a good job no promoting such behavior with the current implementation. You que as support, okay then, Riot will just let you pick from available support champs they define as support under all the champion filters when you're at the store, or looking at the champs you own. Easy solution to stop people from queing as support for fast ques, then choosing mid or something else. No offense, but nothing that you said is really an issue that can't be fixed.
    I play unconventional supports that aren't flagged as such by Riot. So if I que in the support role I would be fucked out of some of my best champions for that role.

I don't think you realize how many people actually want to play support vs those that play it to be a good team member. If I had the option to que for roles, I would pick all but support because it is my least favorite role and my worst role. In blind/draft/solo-q I will play it though if we need a support on the team because I want a better chance at winning. Supports are the tanks of WoW. Few people want to play as one so the que will be the shortest for that role and the asshats of solo-q will que support then troll pick (if you don't limit picks) for a fast que.

They do care. They said they were happy and they wanted to expand that amount. If they were truely content with 70% of the champs being played, we would have never gotten Xin, Twitch, and Eve reworks. The Karma and Heimer reworks would have never been mentioned. The QoL changes and buffs to Cho'Gath next patch would never happen.