Page 1 of 2
LastLast

this game puts me in a filthy mood

Ok so I haven't been playing this game for very long (about 2 months) but 9/10 times I play I end up in the worst mood. I enjoy the game, the play style, the objective etc and everything about it but for some reason I end up walking away from the computer in a filthy mood.

This has never happened to me before with any game but LoL just gets under my skin. I'm not going to play it anymore because of this but I was just wondering am I the only one who walks away from this game extremely pissed off and frustrated?

Deleted
    It can and does get my back up on occasion, take a sip of water, and fight on!

Deleted
    Back when I used to play HoN, I felt exactly the same. Well, not exactly "filthy mood" but I would be seriously frustrated. Especially after losing a game we should have easily won but we lose because one of our teammates gets mad, sells his items and starts to feed. HoN is full of kids like that.

I dont really get that feeling from playing lol. Sure some people are asshats but they wont sell their items and start to feed, because they would get banned, unlike in HoN. The banning system and the fact that you can basically troll as much as you want without getting banned was the main reason I quit HoN and moved onto lol.

I dont really get that feeling from playing lol. Most people who flame me have absolutely no clue about the game and I cant even take them seriously, because I know im 10 times better players then they will ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    Ok so I haven't been playing this game for very long (about 2 months) but 9/10 times I play I end up in the worst mood. I enjoy the game, the play style, the objective etc and everything about it but for some reason I end up walking away from the computer in a filthy mood.

This has never happened to me before with any game but LoL just gets under my skin. I'm not going to play it anymore because of this but I was just wondering am I the only one who walks away from this game extremely pissed off and frustrated?
    This has happened to me before many times with every online game I have played so far. Maybe because online games are meant to be played once for a while if we speak about healthy doze of fun and experience delivered by such a product.
    If I play + 10 LoL games every day (so 4-6hours), then I feel as you described. I think it all comes to the point where you discover that playing online games with others is very exhausting because of many many factors.
    In the end it would feel better to just get out with those ppl and spend time with them irl and decrease number of hours spent on games to 1h/day max or 3h every two days.

Just go outside and play LoL once/twice a week.

I'm just going to assume that comes with a loss, and not simply playing the game. Losing can be frustrating in LoL. Especially when other players simply aren't pulling their weight for whatever reason. I find it's even harder when you know the people you're playing with who refuse to learn or adapt. Before you know it, you've wasted a couple of hours because you rarely learn anything from those defeats. That's when I just say my goodbyes and log out. Later in the day or the next day I won't even remember what it was that made me feel crappy and I'm ready to play again.

If you can offer more information on what exactly puts you in a "filthy mood" if not just playing the game, we might be able to suggest ways to remedy it.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

I've stopped queuing up without a friend or three to run with. Basically, I find I have alot more fun playing with people I know are halfway decent than just random people on the internet. Yeah, we don't always have a full team, but even a couple makes it much more fun.

i played league of legends for about 4 months. i LOVE all the champions/skins to pick from but i ended up quitting it because that game by far has the worst community iv'e ever seen on a video game. 90% of the people call you noob, bad, scrub, tell you to l2p. quit, uninstall, ect ect.. and this happens in almost every game.

sure there's some good games but most of the time your team is either fighting with you, fighting with each other, trolling you, or hell even the other team can talk crap to you the whole game in /all. you cant leave or try to ignore them because you still need to communicate with them to win..

so yeah man your not the only one who gets mad after playing this game.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Losing is usually very frustrating due to the beyond terrible community.

Spend 40 minutes struggling against a team that steamrolls you because you have two douchebags on your team that are arguing with each other and unwilling to help each other or the team out. The opposing team just plays with you since they know they have the game, they camp, sit in brush, team gank one by one. All knowing how poorly your team is, and obviously being trolled, by the time the game ends and your met with a stream of "ez lol" from the enemy team, and when you ask to report your fellow douchebags you unfortunately got stuck with they say "no, i like my ez wins".
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

As someone who soloques 99% of the time...this game has easily the worst community I have EVER seen in a game. Nearly every game, SOMEONE is a douche who frustrates the hell out of me. It's impossible to play this game and be relaxed.

Losing can be frustrating, and if repeated many times, it will get to you.

You basically have to deal with it.

A good tip could be to disable all chat. It's not good for anything but bad behavior.

I've never solo queued the entire time I've played LoL, always played with friends. we don't always win but that's ok with me. if you have friends irl it might make the game more carefree/fun
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

You should pay attention to your performance. If you play right trash talking in chat is just something to ignore. If you play badly ... yeah, that's annoying.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I think mastering your emotions goes a long way towards not feeling awful after a particularly bad game. Did you play poorly? Try to learn from your mistakes. Was your random team awful? You can't control this at all so why bother letting yourself get overly upset about it? The choice really is there for you to decide how you react to an uncontrollable situation and it requires an intentional attitude adjustment. It's all about your perspective. This general attitude can be helpful in general.

"You can't change the feeling but you can change the feeling about the feeling in a second or two" - Lyrics from the band Silver Jews

10+ Year Old Account
    When I feel this way, I play Darius. If that still doesn't work, I just step away from LoL and go watch Dexter or something else on the TV and I post here. It's a great way to vent sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    When I feel this way, I play Darius. If that still doesn't work, I just step away from LoL and go watch Dexter or something else on the TV and I post here. It's a great way to vent sometimes.
    For me it's Anivia, I just feel like nothing makes me feel better than steamrolling the mid lane and shutting anybody down with her. I even rape my counters just in part because I'm better with Anivia naturally and because I play her a lot. Darius would be my brother's steamroll champion, he's actually pretty good once you master him and really hard to counter because everything is based off of that ultimate.

I think everyone has a steamroll champion and you should honestly play it when frustrated if you think you're good enough to beat most people in that role playing that champion. Now the problem may be that you actually play against a godly player and then you just literally throw your keyboard out of the window while the window isn't open, punch your monitor clean through and poor your drink all over your computer (worse case scenario).
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post

I understand where you are coming from. Gaming is supposed to be about having fun. I play games to relax, get away, have fun in some "alternate" reality that video games offer. When the games no longer bring enjoyment, seem like a chore, etc...it is time to walk away. Sometimes I don't play the game again. A lot of times I come back later and find that whatever the issue was, is now gone.

Diablo 3 has been "that game" for me. I absolutely love the Diablo universe. I have played the game since it first came out, through D2 and D2:Lod. There is just "something" about D3 right now that frustrates me. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but every time I play, there it is.

I have also found that this happens with the music I listen too. I hear a new song, a new band etc...and I like a song or two and hate the rest of the songs on the cd. I set it aside, and come back later and find that what I did not like before, is not so annoying now.

I would encourage you to just find something else to play for a while, even enjoy other hobbies besides gaming. Give it time and come back later and see if the same issues are still there. If they are, just move on imo.
    Last edited by Vhalkirian; 2012-07-29 at 04:58 AM. Reason: grammar
    ==========
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Had the same problem, the only way i found to fix it is to only play with a group of friends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    For me it's Anivia, I just feel like nothing makes me feel better than steamrolling the mid lane and shutting anybody down with her. I even rape my counters just in part because I'm better with Anivia naturally and because I play her a lot. Darius would be my brother's steamroll champion, he's actually pretty good once you master him and really hard to counter because everything is based off of that ultimate.

I think everyone has a steamroll champion and you should honestly play it when frustrated if you think you're good enough to beat most people in that role playing that champion. Now the problem may be that you actually play against a godly player and then you just literally throw your keyboard out of the window while the window isn't open, punch your monitor clean through and poor your drink all over your computer (worse case scenario).
    I used to be able to do that on Singed. I'm wicked out of practice now, but I would beat anyone who fought me as Singed, including his counters and other Singed players in Blind pick. I switched cause Darius's ult is way more satisfying and it's a lot easy to carry games.

Deleted
    1. Join chat channel ingame called ''The Gentlemen's Club''
    2. group up with them for a full 5 premade game
    3. ?????
    4. profit.

It's a chat channel created for people who CAN behave themselves and just play for fun (but obviously do try to win). Dicks, trolls and idiots get ''Blacklisted'' and will not be invited or played with anymore. If you're having trouble playing soloQ due to the horrible community, I highly suggest you join this channel and stick to playing with them or friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    As someone who soloques 99% of the time...this game has easily the worst community I have EVER seen in a game. Nearly every game, SOMEONE is a douche who frustrates the hell out of me. It's impossible to play this game and be relaxed.
    Yeah, pretty much this. This game is fun and all, but the majority of the time it gets me unbelievably frustrated.