Unhappy Low framerate issue

So I have this low framerate issue when playing WoW and only WoW, and for my system specs I don't think I should be having a problem fps wise. I also every so often will get a BSoD from the file "hal.dll" or "ntoskrnl.exe + nvlddmkm.sys (Both in same BSoD)" and I really am not sure what is causing this. But my fps are about 20-30 constantly while running everything maxed out, and I know I have the resources to run WoW maxed out, because my buddy runs it maxed out on 4 year old hardware. I can also play other games like Crysis and Elite Sniper 2 at a very smooth and flawless fps, but still with the BSoD issue. Heat is not an issue right now, as I have my case open and all of my temperatures are staying very stable. So if anyone could give me any insight as to what might be causing my framerate to be in the choppy range, I'd very much so appreciate it.

System Specs:

Motherboard: MSI 880GM-E43
    Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz
    Graphics Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE 1GB
    RAM: Wintec AMPX DDR3 4GB (2 Sticks of 2GB) 1333MHz
    Power Supply: Rosewill 500W
    If it's red, it's dead, so therefore please save yourself the trouble of trying to run.

Quote Originally Posted by bpl0807 View Post
    So I have this low framerate issue when playing WoW and only WoW, and for my system specs I don't think I should be having a problem fps wise. I also every so often will get a BSoD from the file "hal.dll" or "ntoskrnl.exe + nvlddmkm.sys (Both in same BSoD)" and I really am not sure what is causing this. But my fps are about 20-30 constantly while running everything maxed out, and I know I have the resources to run WoW maxed out, because my buddy runs it maxed out on 4 year old hardware. I can also play other games like Crysis and Elite Sniper 2 at a very smooth and flawless fps, but still with the BSoD issue. Heat is not an issue right now, as I have my case open and all of my temperatures are staying very stable. So if anyone could give me any insight as to what might be causing my framerate to be in the choppy range, I'd very much so appreciate it.

System Specs:

Motherboard: MSI 880GM-E43
    Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz
    Graphics Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE 1GB
    RAM: Wintec AMPX DDR3 4GB (2 Sticks of 2GB) 1333MHz
    Power Supply: Rosewill 500W
    #1 you will not run wow @ max above 1280x720 and its doubtful that you could run shadows at all. Your gpu is ok cpu is not, seems like a bit of a behind the times PC and other than the Bsods everything seems normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000646.htm

CPU is fine. Just because it's not an i12 doesn't mean that it isn't.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000646.htm

CPU is fine. Just because it's not an i12 doesn't mean that it isn't.
    You are right you dont need an I9000x

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/188?vs=102

Notice wow is maxed @ 62 fps w/ a frap runthrough open world likely something like durotaur or in newer benchs the krazzworks. Nothing is going on at all, 20-30fps is absolutely normal for his specs, I am sorry you are uninformed on the situation but please before you pretend to be informed just get informed.

One more time lets get this out there resolution has a huge factor in FPS, if your friend has a 10 yr old pc running 1024x768 or some horrendously low resolution and your running something above 1280x720p on the same PC you will not get equal or comparable FPS im sorry you just wont.

Furthermore I said nothing about needing an intel, His FPS is quite on point for what he does have, so please along w/ getting informed do not put words in my mouth I am known here as an AMD supporter regardless of what my pc runs. I know the difference between Needed good enough overkill and not enough.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-07-28 at 02:50 PM.