Leatherworking: To Drop or Not to Drop

Hey guys,

With MoP on the horizon, I was thinking about dropping LW since the previews have shown nothing outstanding... Do you guys think LW will be worth keeping as opposed to dropping and leveling a new prof like Engineering or JC?

Deleted
    If you want to make money then kee[ for the pandas. Maxed lw are quite rare these days.

Deleted
    Son, you crazy? Leatherworking is THE profession to keep come MoP. You'll make tons of tons of cash off Monks gearing up.

Plus, it's a great profession on your main to make use of those wretched spirits of harmony.

I was kinda wondering the same thing. LW was a huge gold sink for me this x-pac (and I also have Engineering so that's 2 gold sinks, yay), + having to have a well geared skinning alt (or killing mobs would take ages) is a must with LW... I just hope it'll be better in MoP. 8<

Well....at least on my server, it costs about the same to level this profession to max as all of the other ones combined, part of the reason being no one is a damn skinner anymore because the other gathering professions can be used for many, many profession, pretty bad design 8 years into the game on Blizzard'd behalf. Case in point, if you drop it, you'll probably never have it at max again on any toon, it's really costly and annoying.

Otherwise, it often starts off pretty weak in terms of patterns, but the perks are decent enough, generally speaking. I made tons of money crafting FL patterns I was able to score, so it can make a lot of money if you happen to have a good pattern. All said and done, I wouldn't drop it, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Well....at least on my server, it costs about the same to level this profession to max as all of the other ones combined, part of the reason being no one is a damn skinner anymore because the other gathering professions can be used for many, many profession, pretty bad design 8 years into the game on Blizzard'd behalf. Case in point, if you drop it, you'll probably never have it at max again on any toon, it's really costly and annoying.

Otherwise, it often starts off pretty weak in terms of patterns, but the perks are decent enough, generally speaking. I made tons of money crafting FL patterns I was able to score, so it can make a lot of money if you happen to have a good pattern. All said and done, I wouldn't drop it, personally.
    Yeah... That's sort of how I am leaning right now. The leather is just gonna be so dang expensive to level it as I go through MoP, I really hope it will turn a profit at some point or at least break even.

Deleted
    I wouldn't drop it I would rather look for ways to make profit besides the horrendous leveling costs.

Deleted
    LW is THE profession to make a profit on. I was on a fairly dead server when cata launched, and whilst chaos orbs for all the other profs were 300-500g each, LW's could easily charge 3-5k an orb.