[Movies] MMO-Champion Top Movie Awards (Nominations)

In this competition you will be nominating and then voting for your favorite/your consideration of best movie for the genre, and the ones with the most votes wins. Right now is nominations where you will nominate your top 5-10 movies for each of the genres/categories listed, the 5 movies with the most nominations for each genre will go to the voting round (if say 5th and 6th are tied then both will be able to be voted for).

Your rule for nomination: You may only nominate movies that have been released as of today. Be sure to nominate 5-10 movies for each category. If you have a movie that doesn't seem to fit in any of the categories fit it in the one that would classify it the best, if you still aren't sure, it is probably a drama.

Nomination categories
    Best Overall Film

Best Action Film

Best Adventure Film

Best Animated Film

Best Comedy Film

Best Comic Book Film

Best 'Classic' Film

Best Drama Film

Best Fantasy Film

Best Horror Film

Best Romance Film

Best Sci-Fi Fim

Best Thriller Film

Best Western Film

Film with the Best Effects

Film with the Best Soundtrack

The Overall Worst Movie

If you have an idea for a new category that covers a lot of movies go ahead and tell me.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-07-28 at 08:53 PM.

Hmm, can't really think of 5 let alone 10 movies I'd consider top for any category.

Best Overall: Speak, Leon the Professional, Aliens, Easy A

Action: Leon the Professional, The Hunger Games, Hanna
    Animated: Up, Tangled, Despicable Me
    Comedy: Easy A, Juno, Bridesmaid
    Comic Book: Watchmen, Kick Ass, The Dark Knight, Scott Pilgrim vs the World
    Drama: Speak, Hard Candy, The Usual Suspects, The Help, The Contender
    Fantasy: Underworld
    Horror: Alien, Aliens (or should these be in Sci-Fi?), Resident Evil: Extinction
    Romance: Saving Face
    Sci-Fi: The Matrix, Inception, Terminator 2
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-07-28 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Moved to Cinema/TV/Music/Books. I'll add my favourites later.

It is unlikely that most of them could be considered the 'best' in their respective genres, but they are the films I enjoy most, for whatever reason. A lot more goes into how our tastes form than the artistic vision of film-makers and producers' budgets.

Edit:

Overall: Arty-Farty mode - The Godfather, My Personal Favourite - The Thing (1982)

Action: Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Aliens, Predator

Adventure: Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade, Jurassic Park

Animated: Titan A.E., Monsters Inc.

Comedy: Clerks I, II

Comic Book: The Dark Knight, Iron Man

Best 'Classic' Film: The Godfather I, II

Drama: Valkyrie

Fantasy: Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

Horror: The Blair Witch, The Thing (1982), 28 Days Later

Romance: Sleepless In Seattle, Gone With The Wind

Sci-Fi: Sunshine, Star Wars VI: Return Of The Jedi

Thriller: Silence Of The Lambs, I Am Legend (That counts as 'thriller', right?)

Western: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, Unforgiven

War: Saving Private Ryan, Kelly's Heroes, Where Eagles Dare, Apocalypse Now

Best Effects: CGI - Avatar, Props & Make-Up - The Thing (1982)

Best Soundtrack: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back, Titan A.E.

Worst Movie: Teeth, Munich
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-07-29 at 10:12 AM.

I'll take a crack. And this is just my personal list of movies I have seen.

Best Overall Film: Drive

Best Action Film: The Dark Knight

Best Adventure Film: The Empire Strikes Back

Best Animated Film: Up

Best Comedy Film: 40 Year Old Virgin

Best Comic Book Film: The Dark Knight

Best 'Classic' Film: Taxi Driver

Best Drama Film: The Descendents

Best Fantasy Film: (blank)

Best Horror Film: 28 Days Later

Best Romance Film: (blank)

Best Sci-Fi Film: Inception

Best Thriller Film: (blank)

Best Western Film: True Grit

Film with the Best Effects: The Dark Knight

Film with the Best Soundtrack: Drive

The Overall Worst Movie: Sucker Punch

What would also be cool, is at the end of the year, if we have a 2012 MMO-Champion Oscars. We vote for things like Best Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, all the categories basically. And then the winners are announced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Love the idea but I'm going to have to hold off from making a list. Working on the Olympics thread in Sports and it's melting my brain

Here i'll put mine

Best Overall Film - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Godfather, Forrest Gump, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Wizard of Oz

Best Action Film - Saving Private Ryan, Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Aliens, Gladiator

Best Adventure Film - Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Braveheart, The Lion King

Best Animated Film - The Lion King, Wall-E, Up, Shrek, Toy Story 3

Best Comedy Film - The Truman Show, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Ghostbusters, The Big Lebowski, Men in Black

Best Comic Book Film - The Avengers, The Dark Knight, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Spider-Man 2, Iron Man

Best 'Classic' Film - The Wizard of Oz, Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, The Godfather

Best Drama Film - Schindler's List, Citizen Kane, The Godfather, Gone With the Wind, It's a Wonderful Life

Best Fantasy Film - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Wizard of Oz, The Princess Bride, Beauty and the Best, The Harry Potter Series

Best Horror Film - Dracula, Alien, Jaws, Friday the 13th, The Ring, A Nightmare on Elm Street

Best Romance Film - Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, Beauty and the Beast, Titanic, Annie Hall

Best Sci-Fi Fim - Stars Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, District 9

Best Thriller Film - Pulp Fiction, Inception, The Dark Knight, Goodfellas, Silence of the Lambs

Best Western Film - True Grit, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Rango, Unforgiven

Film with the Best Effects - Avatar, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Inception, King Kong, District 9

Film with the Best Soundtrack - The Lord of the Rings, The Wizard of Oz, The Lion King, Singin' in the Rain, A Hard Day's Night

The Overall Worst Movie - Catwoman, Troll 2, Battlefield Earth, Batman & Robin, Jack & Jill

Deleted
    Best Overall film: Jurassic Park, The Dark Knight, Once Upon a Time in America, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Best Action Film: The Dark Knight, Die Hard, The Avengers, Gladiator, Boondock Saints

Best Adventure Film: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The Adventures of Tintin, Jurassic Park

Best Animated Film: The Adventures of Tintin, Toy Story, Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc, The Lion King

Best Comedy Film: Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, 40 Year Old Virgin, Liar Liar

Best Comic Film: The Dark Knight, Spiderman, Spiderman 2, The Avengers, Iron Man, Watchmen

Best Classic Film: Nothing so far

Best Drama Film: Rain Man, The Sixth Sense, American History X, Once Upon a Time in America

Best Fantasy Film: All Lord of the Rings movies again

Best Horror Film: Alien, Aliens

Best Romance Film: Titanic

Best Sci-Fi Film: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Alien, Aliens, Jurassic Park, Inception

Best Thriller Film: Silence of the Lambs, American Psycho, The Dark Knight

Best Western Film: A Fistfull of Dollars, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Dances With Wolves, Tombstone

Film with the Best Effects: Lord of the Rings trilogy, Avatar, Inception

Film with the Best Soundtrack: Jurassic Park

The Overall Worst Movie: Disaster Movie, Jennifer's Body, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Troll 2

So far, this is all I can think of. I'll edit my post when I can think of more movies .
    Last edited by mmoc0ea342aa3d; 2012-07-30 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterrofl12 View Post
    Best Overall film: Jurassic Park, The Dark Knight, Once Upon a Time in America, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Best Action Film: The Dark Knight, Die Hard, The Avengers, Gladiator

Best Adventure Film: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn, Jurassic Park

Best Animated Film: Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn, Toy Story, Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc

Best Comedy Film: Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, 40 Year Old Virgin, Liar Liar

Best Comic Film: The Dark Knight, Spiderman (2002), The Avengers, Iron Man, Watchmen

Best Classic Film: Nothing so far

Best Drama Film: Rain Man, The Sixth Sense, American History X, Once Upon a Time in America

Best Fantasy Film: All Lord of the Rings movies again

Best Horror Film: Alien, Aliens

Best Romance Film: Nothing so far

Best Sci-Fi Film: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Alien, Aliens, Jurassic Park, Inception

Best Thriller Film: Silence of the Lambs

Best Western Film: Nothing so far

Film with the Best Effects: Need more time to think this one through

Film with the Best Soundtrack: Jurassic Park

The Overall Worst Movie: Disaster Movie, Jennifer's Body

So far, this is all I can think of. I'll edit my post when I can think of more movies .
    What I did to refresh myself on movies was just good top 25 x movie and looked at the different list and those helped jump start my brain to think of movies.

Deleted
    Best Overall Film: Pulp Fiction, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Apocalypse Now (Redux), Fight Club, The Shawshank redemption, The Prestige, Requiem for a Dream, City of Gods, The Dark Knight Rises, Oldboy

Best Action Film: The Dark Knight Rises, Machete, Fight Club, Matrix, Kill Bill

Best Adventure Film: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Seven Samurai

Best Animated Film: Grave of the Fireflys, Princess Mononoke, The Lion King

Best Comedy Film: Dr. Strangelove or: how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb, Life is Beautiful

Best Comic Book Film: Sin City, Watchmen, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers

Best 'Classic' Film: Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, The Seventh Seal

Best Drama Film: Fight Club, Oldboy, City of Gods, One flew over the cocoo's nest, Requiem for a Dream

Best Fantasy Film: The Prestige, Persona, Pan's Labyrinth

Best Horror Film: Rear Window, Martyrs, I saw the Devil, The Shining, The Cabin in the Woods

Best Romance Film: Moonrise Kingdom, Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind, 5 Centimters per Second

Best Sci-Fi Film: A Clockwork Orange, Donnie Darko, Alien, Aliens, Blade Runner

Best Thriller Film: Inception, The Usual Suspects, Memento, Leon, Infernal Affairs

Best Western Film: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, A fistfull of dollars, For a few dollars more, Django, The man who shot Liberty Valance

Film with the Best Effects: Matrix

Film with the Best Soundtrack: Pulp Fiction

The Overall Worst Movie: Manos - The Hands of Fate, Twilight, Lake Dead, The Spirit, Eragon
    Last edited by mmoc16822d11e2; 2012-07-29 at 06:06 PM.

Best Overall Film: I Heart Huckabees

Best Action Film: Drunken Master

Best Adventure Film: O Brother, Where Art Thou? (qualifies as a comedy as well)

Best Animated Film: Monsters, Inc.

Best Comedy Film: The Lady Killers (Coen Brothers remake) tied with Clerks II

Best Comic Book Film: Watchmen

Best 'Classic' Film: The Seventh Seal

Best Drama Film: Sophie Scholl: The Final Days

Best Fantasy Film: The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

Best Horror Film: Martyrs

Best Romance Film: Sideways (not really a romance film, but it's the closest that I've come to watching one worth putting on some list)

Best Sci-Fi Film: Bladerunner

Best Thriller Film: Taken

Best Western Film: Unforgiven

Film with the Best Effects: Matrix

Film with the Best Soundtrack: The Social Network

The Overall Worst Movie: (blank)

15+ Year Old Account
    Best Overall Film: Shawshank Redemption.

Best Action Film: The Dark Knight.

Best Adventure Film: The Lord of the rings - The Two Towers.

Best Animated Film: The Incredibles.

Best Comedy Film: Zombieland.

Best Comic Book Film: The Avengers.

Best 'Classic' Film: Forrest Gump.

Best Drama Film: Braveheart (I know some people might not see this as a drama movie officialy its a Drama/Action movie but damm i had some tears when they cut his head off....)

Best Fantasy Film: Alice in Wonderland.

Best Horror Film: Left for death 3.

Best Romance Film: Dirty Dancing (its a mixed Romance/Drama movie) its the closest i could get too selecting a movie in this catergory.

Best Sci-Fi Film: Matrix.

Best Thriller Film: The Silence of the Lambs.

Best Western Film: True Grit.

Film with the Best Effects: The are so many movies with great special effects but one didnt jump out above the rest for me so i keep this open.

Film with the Best Soundtrack: Reservoir Dogs (George Bakker Selection - Little Green Bag).

The Overall Worst Movie: Soooooo many too choose from but if i realy have to pick one i will go with Kill Bill everytime i see it and watch it for like 10 minutes my brain starts too bleed from the stupidity man quentin tarantino made a lot of great movies but this one was just the worst movie he ever made not only that its the worst movie ever made in total.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Try to nominate multiple movies instead of just one so it will be easier to get a set nomination list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best Action Film: Dark Knight Rises

Best Adventure Film: Lord of the Rings

Best Animated Film: Either Batman: Under the Red Hood or Batman/Superman: Public Enemies

Best Comedy Film:

Best Comic Book Film: Dark Knight Rises

Best 'Classic' Film: Uhhh A wonderful Life?

Best Drama Film: Bravehart,Dark Knight, so many to choose from.

Best Fantasy Film: Lord of the Rings fits doesn't it?

Best Horror Film: Any Resident Evil movie

Best Romance Film: No clue though I love romance

Best Sci-Fi Fim: Star-Wars trilogy

Best Thriller Film: Friday the 13th?

Best Western Film: Hate westerns

Film with the Best Effects: Dark Knight Rises

Film with the Best Soundtrack: Nolan's Batman movies

The Overall Worst Movie: Dragonball Evolution

10+ Year Old Account
    Best Overall Film
    Leon, Oldboy, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, the Matrix, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Silence of the Lambs

Best Adventure Film
    Raiders of the Lost Arc and it's baby version, The Goonies, Big Trouble in Little China.

Best Animated Film
    Grave of the Fireflies, Up, Finding Nemo, Akira, Mary and Max, Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 (and I know you said ones that have been releases, but I'm sure once their out I'll add 3.33 and 4.44 ), Final Fantasy Advent Children, Titan AE, Atlantis, Jungle book, Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Jessica Rabbit <3)

Best Comedy Film
    Half Baked, Shaun of the Dead, In Bruges, The Big Labowski, Lock, Stock and two smoking Barrels.

Best Comic Book Film
    the Nolan Batman movies, Xmen: the Last Stand, the Time Burton Batman Movies, Scott Pilgrimm, Watchman, Kickass

Best 'Classic' Film
    Some Like it Hot (also wins the award for 'best last line of any movie'), Cassablanca, Streetcar Named Desire (with Marlon Brando)

Best Drama Film
    American Beauty, American History X, Where the Wild Things Are, Battle Royale, Taxi Driver, The Godfather 1 and 2, Usual Suspect, Juno, Schindler's List

Best Fantasy Film
    LABYRINTH, Mirrormask, The Fall, Princess Bride, Krull

Best Horror Film
    Evil Dead 1,2,3, From Dusk till Dawn, Cabin in the Woods, The Ring (japanese) The Grudge (japanese), Dawn of the Dead (the modern one), 28 days later

Best Romance Film
    The Secretary (best film about BDSM too )

Best Sci-Fi Fim
    STAR WARS 4,5,6, Alien, Aliens, Alien Ressurection, Transformers (1985), Serenity, Terminator 1,2 & Salvation, Inception, Dark City, Donnie Darko, 5th Element

Best Martial Arts Movie (I'm submitting this category, as I think it should be kept seperate from Action. To me Action is Guns and Explosion, which is certainly NOT Martial Arts )
    Drunken Master, Kill Bill 1&2, Fearless, Once Upon a Time in China, Ong Bak, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, kiss of the Dragon, Choclate, pretty much everything with Bruce Lee.

The Matrix Trilogy, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Avatar

Pulp Fiction

The Overall Worst Movie
    Eragon, Golden Compass, Twilight Trilogy, The Hunger Games, ANY parody movie (Scary Movie, Epic Movie etc)
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2012-07-29 at 12:50 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Keep on nominating!

Deleted
    Best Overall Film
    -Toss up between The Fountain, Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club and maybe Beginners.

Best Action Film
    -A metric ton of mediocre ones but few great ones. Gladiator was pretty good, The Bourne Identity too.

Best Adventure Film
    -Curse of the Black Pearl.

Best Animated Film
    -Can't think of any animated films I really liked.

Best Comedy Film
    -Dodgeball

Best Comic Book Film
    -The Avengers or Sin City

Best 'Classic' Film
    -This is kinda vague. I'm not really certain what "classic" implies, is it just an old movie ? (and if so how old does a movie have to be in order to become a classic?)

Best Drama Film
    -The Shawshank Redemption

Best Fantasy Film
    -The Fellowship of the Ring

Best Horror Film
    -Se7en

Best Romance Film
    -Haven't seen much in this genre so I'll have to pass

Best Sci-Fi Fim
    -Plenty bad ones here and few good ones. I'm gonna have to go with Star Wars EP 5.

Best Thriller Film
    -Shutter Island or possibly The Silence of the Lambs

Best Western Film
    -The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

-gonna have to go with The Matrix here. Not great by todays standards but unreal back in 1999 I think it was ?

-The Fountain

The Overall Worst Movie
    -No idea honestly

Best Overall Film : Lord of the rings, return of the king, Star wars the empire strikes back, 300, terminator 1 & 2, Se7en, Star trek (2009), The Matrix trilogy, Avatar

Best Action Film : Die hard 1 & 4, The dark knight rises

Best Adventure Film : Indiana Jones 1-3

Best Animated Film : Titan A.E, 5 centimeters per second, Beyond the clouds the promised place, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind , Princess Mononoke

Best Comedy Film : Hot fuzz

Best Comic Book Film : The avengers

Best 'Classic' Film : Not sure what you exactly mean with this but I guess the original Star wars trilogy is pretty "classic"

Best Drama Film : 5 Centimeters per second, Donnie Darko, A time to kill

Best Fantasy Film : Lord of the rings 1-3

Best Horror Film : Room 1408, Sleepy hollow

Best Romance Film : The reader

Best Sci-Fi Film : Star wars, the empire strikes back, Titan A.E, Star wars a new hope, Star trek (2009), Avatar

Best Thriller Film : Se7en, The bone collector

Best Western Film :

Film with the Best Effects : Star wars, revenge of the Sith, Star trek (2009), Lord of the rings 1-3

Film with the Best Soundtrack : Lord of the rings, The dark knight rising, Resident evil

The Overall Worst Movie : Lady in the water
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle