Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    The only way to get it though, is if you have at least 30 points in your HoN.
    Same with White Raven (25), Rainbow Jelly (20) and Black Moa (15).

    So an avid pet collector is more or less "forced" to play GW1.
    (You have no disadvantage combatwise though, Black Widow is just like the Jungle Spider, Black M is like the Pink M, White Raven is like Raven and the Jelly is like the Blue Jelly.)
    Gah... shame. I packed it in back in Nightfall, and never bothered with EOTN. >.<

    Oh well. Can you go back to EOTN and sort points out whenever, or is it lost forever after GW2 comes out?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Oh well. Can you go back to EOTN and sort points out whenever, or is it lost forever after GW2 comes out?
    You can do it whenever you want.
    For now there is no deadline.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

  3. #43
    I noticed on the GW2 wiki some pets have better stats than others. Does this mean pets with lower stats have better abilities? Such as the bear versus the spider, it leaves me to believe the spider could be overall better because it has lower stats, so probably better abilities to use like applying more conditions etc. I base this on the lower the stats, the easier it would be to kill, but far more useful if that makes any sense. While the bear could be ignore because it is not doing a whole lot of anything, and has a ton of hp to take down.

    Maybe I have just simmply asked are there PvP pets and PvE pets? > <

  4. #44
    Looks like you are right, some of the pet families have high stats in one or more categories (bears have high vitality, canines have high power), while others like the spiders you mentioned have low stats in every category. Not sure if this is intended or an oversight, since some of the pets with strong CC abilities like the wolf (fear and knockdown) also have high stats.

  5. #45
    Yeah don't underestimate pet abilities.
    For example the pets with the highest damage potential seems to be cats, despite their inferior stat distribution.
    And while birds don't look all that tough, they're able to endure surprisingly much because of their swirling attack animations, allowing them to dodge quite well.

    I'm sure there will be better and worse pets eventually, but stats alone won't tell the whole story here.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

  6. #46
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,727
    That's really cool. I was unaware there were so many pet possibilities in GW2. I was also unaware of the underwater ones.

    That still doesn't change my mind to play a ranger though... I'm not a fan of reviving my pet ever couple of minutes.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyur View Post
    I noticed on the GW2 wiki some pets have better stats than others. Does this mean pets with lower stats have better abilities? > <
    Don't they have slight differences and abilities? Might be an oversight.

  8. #48
    I am pretty happy with all the pets with one big exeption, wolves! the look of wolves is terrible absolutely terrible they look like oversized fat foxes, don't like it and since wolves are some of my favourite animals it's even worse
    When in doubt, mumble...

  9. #49
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    I am pretty happy with all the pets with one big exeption, wolves! the look of wolves is terrible absolutely terrible they look like oversized fat foxes, don't like it and since wolves are some of my favourite animals it's even worse
    Um.... the wolves of GW2 look like wolves.... So, idk what strange wolves you've been looking at but if you're thinking wolves look like they do in wow or most other MMOs you're kidding yourself...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  10. #50
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    I am pretty happy with all the pets with one big exeption, wolves! the look of wolves is terrible absolutely terrible they look like oversized fat foxes, don't like it and since wolves are some of my favourite animals it's even worse
    I think the wolves look great in gw2.



    MUCH better than:
    Last edited by Snow White; 2012-08-22 at 10:26 PM.

  11. #51
    High Overlord phones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Where do YOU live?
    Posts
    136
    I just really REALLY hope they put more pets in, in some of the patches. doesent have to be many. Like ide be 100% more happier with the game if they added 2 common pets and one rare pet (or skin) in every patch. There is a good amount right now. But personally I love to collect and I can guerentee I will have all the pets in 2weeks. (besides white raven and black widdow QQ)

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Um.... the wolves of GW2 look like wolves.... So, idk what strange wolves you've been looking at but if you're thinking wolves look like they do in wow or most other MMOs you're kidding yourself...
    Why do you assume my thoughts on GW2 wolves has anything to do with WoW? people need to stop acting like even the most minute critique of GW2 is related to WoW, I said they look more like upsized foxes rather than wolves only abit fat, by that I mean the real animals arctic foxes I should say.

    I think perhaps it's also the larger "mane" and lack of "sideburns" wich makes them appear slightly disproportional, I called this "fat fox" maybe a clumbsy way of putting it however I think I now explained a little better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I think the wolves look great in gw2.



    MUCH better than:
    Sigh... yes they do look much more like the real thing if you compare them to WoW wolves however I said nothing of WoW wolves being what I wanted or thought of when making my post.

    Read above.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 01:29 PM ----------

    Alpine fox



    What we got



    What I would have liked

    Last edited by Manekk; 2012-08-23 at 11:10 AM.
    When in doubt, mumble...

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    What we got

    Oooh, pictures! I want to contribute!









    What I'm trying to say is, just because the GW2 wolf you linked a picture of doesn't match another wolf you linked a picture of, it doesn't mean it doesn't match any wolf. There are several kinds of wolves, y'know.

  14. #54
    Field Marshal PropayneLOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    83
    Hi does anyone know if you can have two of the same pets on each tab? For example I when I press I want it to go from polar bear 1 to polar bear 2.
    I believe it's time for me to be famous.

  15. #55
    No you can't as far as I know.
    A kind of exception are White Raven/Black Moa/Black Widow/Rainbow Jelly as they're identical stat&skillwise with Raven/Pink Moa/Jungle Spider/Blue Jelly.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

  16. #56
    Field Marshal PropayneLOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    83
    Bugger lol I wanted double polar bears thanks for the answer
    I believe it's time for me to be famous.

  17. #57
    When players are moved enough to create big videos like that showing off the game.. it's a good sign.

  18. #58
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by PropayneLOL View Post
    Bugger lol I wanted double polar bears thanks for the answer
    Yeah i wanted to do the same things with Hyenas at first =(, however if you're going to be a beastmaster, it could be in your best interest to take say, stability training, which makes it so all your bears are pretty much un CC able. And then instead of say taking a bear and a wolf, you take two bears, it's not the -same- as what you want i know, but it'll be highly beneficial!!

    PS: You could also go 10 points into Beast Mastery, pick up masters bond and then not swap your pet like ever, because at 25 stacks they gain a SIGNIFICANT amount of health and toughness, the amount of offensive bonuses have went down though because those made it highly OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Oooh, pictures! I want to contribute!









    What I'm trying to say is, just because the GW2 wolf you linked a picture of doesn't match another wolf you linked a picture of, it doesn't mean it doesn't match any wolf. There are several kinds of wolves, y'know.
    I believe you are missing the point, firstly I want to point out I don't find any of the wolves in your pics resemble the GW2 wolves very much and nowhere near as closely as the alpine fox.

    Secondly even if you do find better pictures it wouldn't change the fact that it would be a wolf that looks more like a fox then a wolf if that was the case.

    Last even if we pretend everything I have said about wolves and foxes was factually incorrect and that I'm just completely ignorant about what a wolf actually does look like it won't make me like their appearance any more and since this a thread about our personal thoughts on pets I was just stating mine about the wolves.
    Last edited by Manekk; 2012-08-23 at 08:38 PM.
    When in doubt, mumble...

  20. #60
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    I believe you are missing the point, firstly I want to point out I don't find any of the wolves in your pics resemble the GW2 wolves very much and nowhere near as closely as the alpine fox.

    Secondly even if you do find better pictures it wouldn't change the fact that it would be a wolf that looks more like a fox then a wolf if that was the case.

    Last even if we pretend everything I have said about wolves and foxes was factually incorrect and that I'm just completely ignorant about what a wolf actually does look like it won't make me like their appearance any more and since this a thread about our personal thoughts on pets I was just stating mine about the wolves.
    So what you're saying.... is you want wolves that look more like wolves, despite the fact they look like wolves... and even if you're wrong in thinking that they look like foxes and not like wolves, you still will think they look bad because they don't look like fictional wolves in your head? Wow.... that's kinda fucked up, but one way to assure you win an argument lol...

    Now lets change this slightly, who else wants the black moa to look more BA? You know, like he did in GW1, compared to his new, not as BA looking GW2 counterpart?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •