Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noone else found the pets extremely weak? Most of the pets I saw diddling around where in downed state

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Noone else found the pets extremely weak? Most of the pets I saw diddling around where in downed state
    That's mostly because people hadn't yet learned that they should switch pet mid-fight when it gets low on health, and use the secondary pet while the first one heals up. Or they hadn't gotten a second pet in the first place yet.

Give it time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    That's mostly because people hadn't yet learned that they should switch pet mid-fight when it gets low on health, and use the secondary pet while the first one heals up. Or they hadn't gotten a second pet in the first place yet.

Give it time.
    I actually had no idea this was the way you should do it... thought I read it was a bug somewhere before... /hangs head in shame.

Great video lol, yay for pablo ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    I actually had no idea this was the way you should do it... thought I read it was a bug somewhere before... /hangs head in shame.

Great video lol, yay for pablo ^^
    No need to feel bad about it - it's one of those things that are designed to after a while make you go "hey... if I swap him out before he dies, he'll heal back up to full before my other pet dies! So if I keep doing that... it works! Neat!"

Deleted
    I liked the ranger as a whole, but i just wish they didn't make pets the class mechanic.
    I'd rather be it like gw1 where they were more optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prolly a stupid question, but do the pets remain Juvenile or can you get , i don't know Adult ones at higher levels or do they 'grow' as they level? I did notice they where still Juvenile in The Mists(thought that maybe just a scale up thing as we where not lvel 80 etc), which made me wonder is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Prolly a stupid question, but do the pets remain Juvenile or can you get , i don't know Adult ones at higher levels or do they 'grow' as they level? I did notice they where still Juvenile in The Mists(thought that maybe just a scale up thing as we where not lvel 80 etc), which made me wonder is all.
    You can only tame Juvenile pets (which makes sense; get them while they're young so you can train them) and they keep their name, such as Juvenile Ice Drake, when they're tamed and up until the point you rename them.

Furthermore, in W^3, I'm 95% certain pets revert to their default names for enemies for the same reason you only see names such as "Green Defender" and "Blue Invader".

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's no system like in GW1 where pets stats are affected by for example how often they die?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    So there's no system like in GW1 where pets stats are affected by for example how often they die?
    No, I don't think there is. IIRC, pets in GW1 were affected by death the same way players were, with a stacking debuff to health and energy. If the same system would apply to GW2, pet equipment would take damage and eventually be rendered ineffective... but they don't wear equipment.

Hmm, either AN would have to come up with some pet equipment (and let's face it, an armored bear rushing into battle would be pretty damn cool), or they'd have to come up with a different "punishment". But then it could be argued that ranger pets are underpowered compared to, for example, necromancer pets.

I do like the equipment idea though. Would make ranger pets more unique and powerful, while still giving them a reasonable punishment for repeated deaths.

Deleted
    Urgh... that Black Widow. Makes me sick. I don't want to zoom on it in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    No, I don't think there is. IIRC, pets in GW1 were affected by death the same way players were, with a stacking debuff to health and energy. If the same system would apply to GW2, pet equipment would take damage and eventually be rendered ineffective... but they don't wear equipment.

Hmm, either AN would have to come up with some pet equipment (and let's face it, an armored bear rushing into battle would be pretty damn cool), or they'd have to come up with a different "punishment". But then it could be argued that ranger pets are underpowered compared to, for example, necromancer pets.

I do like the equipment idea though. Would make ranger pets more unique and powerful, while still giving them a reasonable punishment for repeated deaths.
    I meant the evolution system, as explained here:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Anima...nion#Evolution
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

All I know is I'm really disappointed there's no unique asura pet.
    Sylvari get one...... :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    All I know is I'm really disappointed there's no unique asura pet.
    Sylvari get one...... :'(
    Oh really? That's not fair, maybe we'll get on at Launch.. like a Golem

Oh really? That's not fair, maybe we'll get on at Launch.. like a Golem
    tis my greatest hope

But then my norn ranger would be upset......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    tis my greatest hope

But then my norn ranger would be upset......
    hehehe can't win

hehehe can't win
    Good thing my zojja doesn't have hair or i'd be pulling out tufts of it o.0

But no. I'm totally set on norn ranger.
    I have 3 asura already. That's enough.
    For now lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I meant the evolution system, as explained here:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Anima...nion#Evolution
    Ah, I see. Misunderstood you entirely then. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I can get a Black Widow spider in GW2 too.

Fuck yes. It was my most prized possession back in #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I can get a Black Widow spider in GW2 too.

Fuck yes. It was my most prized possession back in #1.
    The only way to get it though, is if you have at least 30 points in your HoN.
    Same with White Raven (25), Rainbow Jelly (20) and Black Moa (15).

So an avid pet collector is more or less "forced" to play GW1.
    (You have no disadvantage combatwise though, Black Widow is just like the Jungle Spider, Black M is like the Pink M, White Raven is like Raven and the Jelly is like the Blue Jelly.)
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral