Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Whats going to be solo-able once MOP hits?

So pretty much what title says what will be able to solo once mop comes as any class? I'm thinking everything wrath with be pretty easy but not sure about cata raids.

Almost everything upto Wrath will be solo-able, cata will likely be only soloable by the current kings of solo, ie DK and druid, and/or maybe monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle. At least up to and including the 2nd boss. Bear in mind those mounts drop on normal mode as well as heroic.
    All Wrath Heroics should be easily doable by every class and possibly Naxx 10 man and Ulduar 10 man too. Not too sure about Ulduar. Of course if you play a dk or monk tank there'll be a ton of new soloable content.

Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle, all Wrath Heroics (with exceptions for mechanics), most of Naxx 10 (again, mechanics), and some other Wrath raids are already soloable by most classes. I've done most of it on a Prot Warrior. As far as new stuff, all Cata heroics I would assume, most Wrath raids, and possibly some T11 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    Hopefully Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle. At least up to and including the 2nd boss. Bear in mind those mounts drop on normal mode as well as heroic.
    All Wrath Heroics should be easily doable by every class and possibly Naxx 10 man and Ulduar 10 man too. Not too sure about Ulduar. Of course if you play a dk or monk tank there'll be a ton of new soloable content.
    There are several classes that can already do this (on normal), or even on heroic (gogo dk tank). And I'm not just talking about tank specced people. Mages and hunters can also solo those places upto and including the mount boss on normal. Considdering mounts will be BoA this is a good time to start farming them during the boredom of the end of the expansion if you have any of those classes.

All cata heroics should eassilly be soloed by most classes aslong as mechanics allow it being soloed. Some raid bosses as well for sure, but further into cata raiding you're going to have to 2-3 man stuff unless you're a tank and good at solo'ing. Basicly like how you can quite easilly 2 man ulduar 10 today you'll probably be able to 2 man FL 10 at 90 (that might require later expansion gear, worst case scenario you'll need 3 or 4 at the start of the expansion).

not everything will be soloable.

To this day, Trial of the Champion is nearly impossible to solo.

The mounts don't scale with gear, and trying to beat the jousting round alone is simply NOT possible. You "could" just kill them dismounted, but not only it will take forever (they knock you down EVERY SINGLE TIME, except for the brief seconds that Icebound Fortitude lasts for me, they also have a 90% damage reduction buff) once you "kill them" they will just mount back up and you will have to do everything again.

Sorry to say this but unless they change the mounts to scale with gear, that instance will remain unsoloable on normal AND heroic.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Wrath heroics are already soloable fairly easily, Naxx and Uld 10 should be soloable and possibly ICC 10 by some classes.

Cata heroics shouldn't be too hard at least for most classes. The cata raids will be pretty challenging and require some serious thought/strategy.

Hopefully Fireland's Trash for blood dks, I already know Alysrazor is soloable by some ranged classes and was two manned by Raegwyn.
    Also early Cata raid bosses. Some Cata Heroics, (my Dk can take heroic Stonecore, but not Vortex). Naxx 25. ICC 10. And BT will be easier to solo (since you can just straight out nuke Najentus and that whole unholy dk line-of-sight method will take less time). Hopin they don't do anything funny with Ashe's on Kael..still farming it.

Quote Originally Posted by gobnobbla View Post
    Hopefully Fireland's Trash for blood dks, I already know Alysrazor is soloable by some ranged classes and was two manned by Raegwyn.
    Also early Cata raid bosses. Some Cata Heroics, (my Dk can take heroic Stonecore, but not Vortex). Naxx 25. ICC 10. And BT will be easier to solo (since you can just straight out nuke Najentus and that whole unholy dk line-of-sight method will take less time). Hopin they don't do anything funny with Ashe's on Kael..still farming it.
    I doubt they will make changes to ashes, they havent for the past 2 expansions so why would they now.. The drop rate is still abysmal so I dont think it matters.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Labz View Post
    Wrath heroics are already soloable fairly easily, Naxx and Uld 10 should be soloable and possibly ICC 10 by some classes.

Cata heroics shouldn't be too hard at least for most classes. The cata raids will be pretty challenging and require some serious thought/strategy.
    Wrath heroics, ulduar and naxx 10 are already soloable by some, ICC will definitely be soloable by other classes than DK.

Deleted
    u cant solo naxx, the 4 horsemen will kill you

i could be very wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

The mounts don't scale with gear, and trying to beat the jousting round alone is simply NOT possible. You "could" just kill them dismounted, but not only it will take forever (they knock you down EVERY SINGLE TIME, except for the brief seconds that Icebound Fortitude lasts for me, they also have a 90% damage reduction buff) once you "kill them" they will just mount back up and you will have to do everything again.

Sorry to say this but unless they change the mounts to scale with gear, that instance will remain unsoloable on normal AND heroic.
    It is possible and I have done it with the jumping from mount to mount method. However it took maybe 2 hours to do it and not have it bug out. So while possible it's far too time consuming for what it is to do it regularly.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 03:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by daedralord View Post
    u cant solo naxx, the 4 horsemen will kill you

i could be very wrong
    4H has been soloed. Haven't tried it personally though.

Nearly all of wrath is already solo-able, although some of it takes extremely good solo'ers. So wrath should be soloable to level of difficulty BC is now, BC will be how vanilla is, and you will be roflstomping vanilla content even harder. Cata should be about where wrath is right now to, yes some of those fights have complicated mechanics but people learn how to work around them.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 04:28 AM ----------

Nearly all of wrath is already solo-able, although some of it takes extremely good solo'ers. So wrath should be soloable to level of difficulty BC is now, BC will be how vanilla is, and you will be roflstomping vanilla content even harder. Cata should be about where wrath is right now to, yes some of those fights have complicated mechanics but people learn how to work around them.

Heroic Lich King was nearly solo'd I believe now, so cata shouldn't be to hard except for heroic rag and such.

It's not impossible, it's just a pain in the ass. The key is playing it safe and multitasking. The way I did it was I got their health all really low and then killed them all within seconds of each other. One at a time was too hard because they kept getting back on their mounts. I'm pretty sure heroic was just too much damage though, I don't remember.

Deleted

Already done. Its long and boring, and totally doable.

I did like most of the guys above me, wait for them to be low on health and charge the hell out of them. (Done it as a blood dk)

10+ Year Old Account

was able to do 5m toc on my shadow priest, DP-swpain, on the add i was working armor down on, then rotate adds until each are about 10%
    try to get 2 of em killed in spot, go for last guy, horse dies and you get the 2 dots up again swdeath etc..
    takes me about 6 minutes for the final mounted fight, the others are just to easy
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    i think they changed it so u dont need to do all quarters before sapphiron and tuzad, so u can skip horseman

Quote Originally Posted by zexx View Post
    i think they changed it so u dont need to do all quarters before sapphiron and tuzad, so u can skip horseman
    True but KTs ice block does 104% of your maximum health as frost damage over 4 seconds and it cant be reduced or resisted. Its not exactly something you will be able to survive while getting hit my him and the adds.

Didn't they increase the HP of all mobs in Vanilla and TBC raids?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kcsaenz View Post
    True but KTs ice block does 104% of your maximum health as frost damage over 4 seconds and it cant be reduced or resisted. Its not exactly something you will be able to survive while getting hit my him and the adds.
    He doesn't block you when you're solo.

The moment mop hits? The same as now cause we will all be 85 still and leveling..