Thread: New earphones

Deleted

New earphones

Hey guys i'm looking for a good pair of earphones.
    Anybody know any good ones?

Im no audiophile, so im probably not a good source, but i currently use the skullcandy FIX, because they really never fall out of my head...that said, there are surely a lot better options...

Deleted
    Thank you

Deleted
    budget? purpose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather like Sony In-Ear headphones, like these:

Hard to say, though when we don't know the purpose of the headphones in question.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Price? In ear, on top of ear, or around ear (earmuff) style? Do you want them to block out noise or allow noise in?

A good general recommendation is Koss's porta-pro (ksc75). They're about $25 and sound better than virtually everything else under $50, but they're on-ear clipons, which some people might not like.

Stay away from the Dr. Dre headphones, anything Bose, and Skull Candy - those brands are more about image than quality, and while it's unfair to say their products are shit, it's quite accurate to say that they cost more than they're worth and you can get better for less money.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    Price? In ear, on top of ear, or around ear (earmuff) style? Do you want them to block out noise or allow noise in?

A good general recommendation is Koss's porta-pro (ksc75). They're about $25 and sound better than virtually everything else under $50, but they're on-ear clipons, which some people might not like.

Stay away from the Dr. Dre headphones, anything Bose, and Skull Candy - those brands are more about image than quality, and while it's unfair to say their products are shit, it's quite accurate to say that they cost more than they're worth and you can get better for less money.
    I pretty much hated the skull candy earphones I got. They were shoddy in terms of sound quality, and cheap crap too; they fell apart from mild usage after about a week.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much anything made by Sennheiser or Shure.

Deleted
    in-ear
    mushroom design
    budget anything under £40

Thank you everyone

Deleted
    I use the Sennheiser CX 150 , they cost around 20 Euros, and im pretty happy with the overall quality

For that price you can buy: VSonic Gr06, Rock-it R-30, Sony MH1. If you want more recomendations you can ask in Head-fi or look at this thread in the same forum: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...added-11-29-12

I'm currently using AKG K 315 earphones. They've got a pretty good frequency range, are pretty loud (YAY HEARING LOSS), they've got a volume slider, and they were only £20.