Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Well i doubt a church of white people, will nver deny straight white people marrying
    So what? Are other people gonna die if some kind of mental-ill people wont recognise their love-feelings? How stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why are foolish people assuming "if blacks denied whites to marry it wouldn't be news" What the hell are you even whining about. People were denied marriage because of racism and all I see are ignorant people saying "oh so what if it happened to white people no one would care." BUT HAS IT HAPPENED IN ORDER FOR YOU TO EVEN SAY THIS?
    Why did foolish people create that hypocritic "racism" term which everyone can use now to excuse their crimes against non-black people? Law must be the only power to judge people thus making they feel the same. Personal preferences don't have to do anything with that. If you don't like something happening in walls of your property you can kick that out. In fact, right now there are anti-democratic features of "some" countries who dare to call themself "omgzord democrats". To your question: no it didn't happen to me because in my country there are almost 0 black people. But we have our own racist problems here as well. All of them are law-execution problems which leads to racism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Its funny how so many people think discrimination is fine when religion is involved. (Aka the whole 'if the church doesn't want to do it/want people like that in there, its their business!' argument.)

    Means I can take any religion, read their holy book and interpret stuff as I want and then go on my merry way, discriminating and harassing other people cause its my ~religious freedom~

    Oh what a world we live in!
    I'm sorry, but the whole your point is ruined by the fact: I don't recognize all-powerfull-and-knowing-entity with sinner people who believe in flying spaghetti-monster who created them alike himself. In short: I'm not a sectarian of church.
    The Mists of Pandaria coming on September 25

  2. #142
    Stood in the Fire Taru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I'd enjoy to watch this scenario play out in the USA with a diff angle. John and Jane Smith become muslim and are denied marriage in the local mosque for being white. I bet the reaction would be 100x more severe.
    So why would people that are Muslim, would want to marry in a church????

  3. #143
    /golfclap @ the distinguishing mosque from church. yet in the US a church refers to any group that meets certain criteria, regardless of what religion it is

  4. #144
    So, a racist church, why cares and why should we make a thread about it ?

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    2 bad muslims dont marry in churches, because they are muslim.
    Going to attempt some odd logic here so lets all watch if it backfires.

    Why aren't muslims allowed to marry in churches?
    -because they have different beliefs
    Is that massively different from trying to marry in a church that has beliefs against other kinds of people?

    This isn't like black people being wrongly forced to sit at the back of a bus, it's a religion. Religions are like clubs, which have the perfect right to say who and who they do not want to have in their club. I haven't been baptized, but you don't see me trying to marry in a church, I married at the registers office. I did not even ask to be married in a church, even though it's tradition for everyone in my town.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    So what? Are other people gonna die if some kind of mental-ill people wont recognise their love-feelings? How stupid.
    Why did foolish people create that hypocritic "racism" term which everyone can use now to excuse their crimes against non-black people? Law must be the only power to judge people thus making they feel the same. Personal preferences don't have to do anything with that. If you don't like something happening in walls of your property you can kick that out. In fact, right now there are anti-democratic features of "some" countries who dare to call themself "omgzord democrats". To your question: no it didn't happen to me because in my country there are almost 0 black people. But we have our own racist problems here as well. All of them are law-execution problems which leads to racism.
    What are you on about.

    Nobody here is saying that black on white racism doesn't exist. The point is it is completely irrelevant to this thread. 2 wrongs do not make a right.

    Furthermore where are your examples of black churches denying a white couple from getting married? Feel free to link sources.

    Nobody is arguing against a business being able to kick out troublemakers or whatever, the fact is if you refuse to serve somebody purely because of their color that IS racism and it's wrong. You can see the difference between judging somebody by their actions and judging somebody by their RACE, which they obviously cannot help, right? Or can't you?

  7. #147
    The Lightbringer Firebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a Bordeaux vineyard
    Posts
    3,775
    Jesus was a Jew and an Arab, just like everyone else from that area.
    Tell them that and watch their tiny racist brains explode.

    OT : Sue the crap out of them. For once it's justified on the grounds of racial predjudice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass at this point.

  8. #148
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,471
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    Going to attempt some odd logic here so lets all watch if it backfires.

    Why aren't muslims allowed to marry in churches?
    -because they have different beliefs
    Is that massively different from trying to marry in a church that has beliefs against other kinds of people?

    This isn't like black people being wrongly forced to sit at the back of a bus, it's a religion. Religions are like clubs, which have the perfect right to say who and who they do not want to have in their club. I haven't been baptized, but you don't see me trying to marry in a church, I married at the registers office. I did not even ask to be married in a church, even though it's tradition for everyone in my town.
    There is no doctrine in christianity that says blacks can't marry...this isn't in the religion....

  9. #149
    Stood in the Fire Taru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    Going to attempt some odd logic here so lets all watch if it backfires.

    Why aren't muslims allowed to marry in churches?
    -because they have different beliefs
    Is that massively different from trying to marry in a church that has beliefs against other kinds of people?

    This isn't like black people being wrongly forced to sit at the back of a bus, it's a religion. Religions are like clubs, which have the perfect right to say who and who they do not want to have in their club. I haven't been baptized, but you don't see me trying to marry in a church, I married at the registers office. I did not even ask to be married in a church, even though it's tradition for everyone in my town.
    I honestly don't know if muslims are allowed to marry in churches, but i do know they do not do so, because they have their own traditions, of how a wedding should be, than the regulair christian way.
    Being racist isnt really something comparable sorry.

  10. #150
    Straight white christian male: Playing life on hardmode.

  11. #151
    Pandaren Monk Jakexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Aussie Land
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    2 bad muslims dont marry in churches, because they are muslim.
    Umm I said married in a mosque, you know, a muslim holy place, learn to fucking read.
    i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || EVGA GTX690 || 16GB G-Skill || 128GB+512GB SSD (PRO/EVO) || 2TB+4TB WD Blacks || Corsair HX-850W || Custom Water Cooling
    Cooler Master HAF X || ASUS PB278Q 2560x1440 || Logitech G19 || Cyborg RAT7 || Xonar DX || BitFenix Recon Fan Controller

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by greysinsanderson View Post
    MS isn't the place for death-metalheads. that area is pretty redneck, blacks and whites. they still dogfight, chicken fight and hunt deer to eat and not mount.

    MS is the most rural state left in the USA. some parts of it look like something from the 1800s still, little shacks, no running water, no electricity, etc

    around 60% of the residents still don't have a landline phone
    Wow, as someone from Mississippi I did not realize I was living in a scene from Deliverance. It's amazing I can even respond without electricity and all. This has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have seen. At no point is Mississippi like something from the 1800s, without running water or electricity. I've been up in the Appalachian Mountains in TN, and if you wanna see little shacks, go there. There are small, out of the way stretches of land all over this country that are poverty zones, but the stereotype an entire state like this is ignorant and amazingly stupid. As far as the actual topic of this, it's disappointing to see in modern day America, but this is far from a Mississippi issue, and more of ignorant racial issue.

  13. #153
    Pit Lord Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    So you feel that the money they lost due to the church's decision (pretty much most if not all of the money that went into the wedding, plus expenses sustained because of the change of venue) is not worth compensating? And what about the humiliation? Not worth compensating?
    You might have a point if they spent the money to reserve the Venue. Anything else... Well, they would have had to spend that anyway regardless of the venue. In a sense it's worth compensating but only to a point. Though I should throw out there, that the couple didn't have to pay for a new venue, then really... they shouldn't sue for anything as there isn't anything (money wise) that they lost out on.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  14. #154
    Stood in the Fire Taru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Umm I said married in a mosque, you know, a muslim holy place, learn to fucking read.
    Don't get so mad because someone misread what you said.

  15. #155
    The Lightbringer Firebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a Bordeaux vineyard
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Straight white christian male: Playing life on hardmode.
    As am I.
    If you think life is hard for us, open your fucking eyes and smell the roses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass at this point.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    Don't get so mad because someone misread what you said.
    Or you could actually read posts before you reply to them. Just a thought.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    They should sue, and demand compensation for the fiscal and emotional damages sustained.

    As for the blatant ignorance displayed by the members of the church... They're ignorant fools, plain and simple.

    It's part of that whole supposed 'separation of church and state'

    They can do what they want, sadly, including racism. Even if there was a law against denying to marry someone based on race, they wouldn't get very far in court suing a church.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    What are you on about.

    Nobody here is saying that black on white racism doesn't exist. The point is it is completely irrelevant to this thread. 2 wrongs do not make a right.

    Furthermore where are your examples of black churches denying a white couple from getting married? Feel free to link sources.

    Nobody is arguing against a business being able to kick out troublemakers or whatever, the fact is if you refuse to serve somebody purely because of their color that IS racism and it's wrong. You can see the difference between judging somebody by their actions and judging somebody by their RACE, which they obviously cannot help, right? Or can't you?
    Church is not an institution of justice. There are so many churches that you can go 5 meters and merry in another one. No point in drama and racism labels at all. Especially no point in defending black people who are free now and have the same rights.
    The Mists of Pandaria coming on September 25

  19. #159
    Pandaren Monk Jakexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Aussie Land
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    Don't get so mad because someone misread what you said.
    Sorry if it came across as mad, because i'm not. The post was to outline the moral outrage that a minority religion in the US to deny a white couple would far exceed that of the majority religion to do the same.

    Also you went out of your way to post a facepalm image, so you put extra effort in even when I didn't reply to you.
    i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || EVGA GTX690 || 16GB G-Skill || 128GB+512GB SSD (PRO/EVO) || 2TB+4TB WD Blacks || Corsair HX-850W || Custom Water Cooling
    Cooler Master HAF X || ASUS PB278Q 2560x1440 || Logitech G19 || Cyborg RAT7 || Xonar DX || BitFenix Recon Fan Controller

  20. #160
    The Lightbringer Firebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a Bordeaux vineyard
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    It's part of that whole supposed 'separation of church and state'

    They can do what they want, sadly, including racism. Even if there was a law against denying to marry someone based on race, they wouldn't get very far in court suing a church.
    You don't know what you're talking about.
    Racial prejudice is racial prejudice, and it is possible for people to sue the church, even on those grounds.
    It is a valid case that should be taken to court.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 06:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Church is not an institution of justice. There are so many churches that you can go 5 meters and merry in another one. No point in drama and racism labels at all. Especially no point in defending black people who are free now and have the same rights.
    Yes accepting people of other skin colours is comething Jebus might do.
    we can't have that.

    Also, the fact aht there are multiple churches should not deter people from bringing this to public attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass at this point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •