Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Are you using directx 9 or 11 ? 32 bit wow executable or 64 bit ?
    Direct X11 and 64 bit launcher.

Starting day 2 to see if Flash Acceleration was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by theK1ll577 View Post
    Direct X11 and 64 bit launcher.

Starting day 2 to see if Flash Acceleration was the problem..
    Try running both D3 and WoW in DX9. DX11 can sometimes be a bit buggy.
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-07-30 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    Try running both D3 and WoW in DX9. DX11 can sometimes be a bit buggy.
    I'll add it to the list of things to try, but at the moment i've been playing WoW and alt-tabbing for several hours (and all yesterday) with Flash Acceleration turned off and have had no problems. If today ends and still no problems then i think this thread can be over as the problem would be solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theK1ll577 View Post
    I'll add it to the list of things to try, but at the moment i've been playing WoW and alt-tabbing for several hours (and all yesterday) with Flash Acceleration turned off and have had no problems. If today ends and still no problems then i think this thread can be over as the problem would be solved.
    It's not a fix, it's a compromise ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Of course what would you prefer to lose, Flash quality or Gaming ability?
    Oh I hate sub-par video quality. I'd give up gaming! Interesting that they haven't found a way of fixing this.
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-07-30 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    It's not a fix, it's a compromise ;o
    There is really no difference between DX9 and DX11 in WoW. The game does perform better in DX11, but like I said, there's something wrong with it.
    I'm sure it will be fixed someday. Blizzard is currently busy though with other things I imagine.
    Some people have this problem and it seems other don't. Kind of strange?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    There is really no difference between DX9 and DX11 in WoW. The game does perform better in DX11, but like I said, there's something wrong with it.
    I'm sure it will be fixed someday. Blizzard is currently busy though with other things I imagine.
    Some people have this problem and it seems other don't. Kind of strange?
    Was thinking about HW acceleration compromise. But I'd definitely call disabling DX11 a compromise, in some cases, as well seeing as it can impact FPS negatively.

That DX11 would work so badly is news to me. Is this really widespread? I don't see it being suggested so often here that one should turn off DX11, other than as a last resort or when someone has a old/low-end/"uncommon" video card. Maybe I'm reading the wrong threads.
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-07-30 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Was thinking about HW acceleration compromise. But I'd definitely call disabling DX11 a compromise, in some cases, as well seeing as it can impact FPS negatively.

That DX11 would work so badly is news to me. Is this really widespread? I don't see it being suggested so often here that one should turn off DX11, other than as a last resort or when someone has a old/low-end/"uncommon" video card. Maybe I'm reading the wrong threads.
    I have a friend in game with a GTX 560 Ti and WoW occasionally will randomly drop below 30fps when he keeps it in DX11 and alt tabs. I'm using a lower end card then he, but we have the same problem.

If you would like to get technical go into your nvidia display settings and set the "power management option" to adaptive Or you could set it to "High Performance" and it will NOT downlock. Also , Lately I've been experiencing issues like that because my card wouldn't revert back to 3d clocks which is due to a driver issue concurrent with nvidia cards
    Last edited by a7xdeity; 2012-07-31 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a7xdeity View Post
    If you would like to get technical go into your nvidia display settings and set the "power management option" to adaptive Or you could set it to "High Performance" and it will NOT downlock. Also , Lately I've been experiencing issues like that because my card wouldn't revert back to 3d clocks which is due to a driver issue concurrent with nvidia cards
    Oh yes, I usually set "high performance" in most game profiles. Maybe that's contributing towards not having the downclock-issue.