Is this worth the price?

I know nothing about computers, yet I've been using an alienware m15x for a few years and it's time to go off to college and this thing just won't do. To heavy, it's a bit nerdy...fine, very nerdy, and it has a few issues. An overpriced mac is out of the question, parents won't be helping me pay for it. So I've got about a $1000 budget give or take one or two hundred. After some quick searching I found an HP computer that looks pretty good.

http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-of...nt-Notebook-PC

Can you guys tell me if they'll do the trick for everyday college schoolwork etc, maybe some gaming on the side. I'm thinking League of Legends or something along those lines. I'm sick of dells, had them all my life and their customer service is some of the worst, and this alienware has left a bad taste in my mouth ever since.

If this computer isn't up to speed can you guys give any other HP recommendations within the same category and hopefully price range? Thanks all!

Deleted
    It looks fine to me. But you might want to spend a little extra upgrading the Processor and/or even the Graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Zaazu View Post
    It looks fine to me. But you might want to spend a little extra upgrading the Processor and/or even the Graphics card
    3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM Processor (2.6 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
    NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 1GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]

thats the processor and graphics card that I would upgrade it to if I ended up getting this one. Do those seem alright?

Not a bad laptop at all, and the price is decent considering available specs. If you are only wanting to play LoL and similar non-graphic stressing games, that is more than capable. Unless you are stuck on HP though, I'd personally stick to Toshiba for a windows laptop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM Processor (2.6 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
    NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 1GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]

thats the processor and graphics card that I would upgrade it to if I ended up getting this one. Do those seem alright?
    Yeah i think that would suffice for LoL and College stuff :3 - Good Luck!