Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

German Nazi salute during olympics?

Just saw this video and felt disguisted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5JkDumMSg

Deleted
    'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'

Fool me three times.......?

isnt the nazi salute supposed to keep the arm straight and not wave it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, doesn't look like a salute at all to me. Just a wave from an old man who probably has arthritis or a bad shoulder/elbow or all three, so is unable to wave with much fluidity in his joints.

I saw this as I was watching the opening ceremony and it made me laugh especially Camilla's reaction.

I just didn't get the impression he was doing a nazi salute.

Weird angle

I think he's just waving.

Deleted
    The moement I saw that I knew the internet would go wild with it. He's just waiving though, it just looks like a nazi-salute due to the angle.

I saw that too and was like "WTF" but it's nothing like it if you pay close attention

Soon we wont be able to raise the arm without being accused of being a nazi.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeh he looks like hes just waving in video however in pictures it looks more like a salute :S

Tin foil hat time!

He's just waving, it's a really awkward wave though but I'll give him benefit of the doubt and blame it on the angle.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a Nazi salute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIF6h...ipcontrinter=1

27 seconds in, you see the crowd saluting the marching nazis. They don't wave their arms.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy looked like he was waving in a slow pace. Not sure how it's related to the Nazis. Grasping for straws aren't you OP.

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Most Germans I know are absolutely horrified by anything that could remotely construed as Nazi related. I greatly doubt he's doing a Nazi salute on camera at the Olympics.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nazi salute holds it in the air and do not wave it. He's just doing a strange wave. He's old. Old people are weird.

Deleted
    As a german: he's just waving somewhat awkward. Besides, he's waving with his LEFT arm. Nazi salutes was supposed to be done with the right arm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post

27 seconds in, you see the crowd saluting the marching nazis. They don't wave their arms.
    And they use their right arms not left. Nothing but people calling wolf on this one.

yea, just a man waving his arm. It resembles what you said, but he wouldn't be moving it around if that's what it was.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Oh jeesh, it's just an old man waving in a somewhat dismissive manner. Calm down.

Besides the Nazi's didn't even *invent* that salute, they just.... "corrupted" it. Like the Swastika.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I don't really get it, is the nazi salute banned by law? I thought they took it from the romans