10+ Year Old Account

[DK Glyph Idea] Glyph of the Frost Wyrm

I had this idea. It seems fairly awesome to me. Opinions?

Glyph of the Frost Wyrm (Minor)
    Your Summon Gargoyle spell instead summons a Frost Wyrm that deals Frost damage.

Of course all it could do was change the graphic of it, and the frost damage would also be just a flavor change, since you can't get it as Frost to have the mastery affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    I had this idea. It seems fairly awesome to me. Opinions?

Glyph of the Frost Wyrm (Minor)
    Your Summon Gargoyle spell instead summons a Frost Wyrm that deals Frost damage.

Of course all it could do was change the graphic of it, and the frost damage would also be just a flavor change, since you can't get it as Frost to have the mastery affect it.
    Problem is that Unholy, the only spec that gets gargoyle, would find never use this because the lose the Shadow Damage aspect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    Problem is that Unholy, the only spec that gets gargoyle, would find never use this because the lose the Shadow Damage aspect of it.
    I thought the Gargoyle did Nature damage? Is that changing in Mists?

But yes, if the Gargoyle does Shadow damage, this glyph would be a problem unless it changed the damage to Shadowfrost. If the Gargoyle is still doing Nature damage, then this glyph changes nothing in terms of damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I thought the Gargoyle did Nature damage? Is that changing in Mists?

But yes, if the Gargoyle does Shadow damage, this glyph would be a problem unless it changed the damage to Shadowfrost. If the Gargoyle is still doing Nature damage, then this glyph changes nothing in terms of damage output.
    http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=49206

He indeed does NATURE damage, and that link is for the MoP version to verify.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Would it be a gargoyle sized frost wyrm? Because that would be odd. It's not that the idea isn't cool, I just don't see it being feasible due to the size.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlullaby View Post
    Would it be a gargoyle sized frost wyrm? Because that would be odd. It's not that the idea isn't cool, I just don't see it being feasible due to the size.
    Frost whelp then
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep it do Nature. Which makes changing it to frost a null effect other than flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlullaby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Frost whelp then
    A large Whelp or a Mini Wyrm.

I stand corrected. Though shadow damage would make more sense IMO.

Deleted
    I want this.

This and the Glyph of Death Pony.

Blizzard said they were going to give classes fun and unique glyphs, well, FUCKING GIVE US THESE ONES. Horn of Winter does not count as "fun".

10+ Year Old Account
    I stand corrected. Though shadow damage would make more sense IMO.
    Yes, but Shadow damage would make it affected by Mastery, thus not a candiate for a Minor Glyph since it would increase its damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I like it!
    Mione likes my idea. I am now a real Death Knight.

I would drop my Frost spec in a heartbeat for this

Would it be a baby Frost Wyrm? I can see it now, summoning a Sindragosa-sized dragon in the flag room in WSG and causing 6 people to DC lol.

I like it! Making minions change looks is always a welcome change for glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellum View Post
    Would it be a baby Frost Wyrm? I can see it now, summoning a Sindragosa-sized dragon in the flag room in WSG and causing 6 people to DC lol.
    Give it Sindragosa's voice toooooo.

Well, I can see it being used only in PvE environments maybe, but definitely not in PvP. Since the frost wyrm deals frost damage, it means that it can be negated by effects such as Mage Ward.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2012-08-01 at 05:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Give it Sindragosa's voice toooooo.
    With this, Unholy DK's will be considered the apex predators of PVP!
    They should totally scream "Suffer, mortals, as your pathetic magic betrays you!" timed with the DK using AMS or AMZ!!!

1 Dark transformation into Abomination 2 sugar please!