Deleted
    haven't bought a nintendo device since the N64 ... i kinda grew out of it ... though i have to admit that nintendo does some nice stuff, regarding alterantive control methods and so on ... but i'll go for the next MS console, definately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    keep talking crap brah.. its cool brah.

cant wait for this
    Angry narga is angry! Good thing she has her mega potion ready lmao.

......Man, I can't wait to HH on a console. PSP gives me finger cramps.

Seriously... I just wish the big-N would go the way of SEGA and just become a first-party game developer instead of trying to hawk re-shaped Silicon all the time at us. >_<
    mmmm phantasy star and total war are proof it can be good

that screenshot is like unreal one

no i will not be buying one

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    im gonna buy it as soon as the new zelda or metroid is getting released on it 8>
    Pretty much this, ans Super Smash brothers

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to save up some money bits at a time in a place just for this console. Personally I think Nintendo should have had at least one major IP (Pikmin is but you know what I mean) around launch time such as Mario or something that's big. Maybe a new DK game.

Pikmin by no means is small but it's not as well known compared Mario, Zelda, DK, SSB, Metroid, etc. They should really bring back a Kid Icarus game, that would actually help a bit. Maybe another 3D DK game but that hasn't been done since Rareware (sad face). I do want the console no doubt but I have no clue how good the Pikmin game is, is it really that good? I've heard it is but I'm not sure whether or not.

I may just buy initially for the E-store for the GC and N64 games because I don't have those consoles anymore.
    When I was younger my mum sold the Wii and I was thinking she's crazy... It had Ocarina on it.
    Hey everyone

Nintendo smells like Apple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    Nintendo smells like Apple.
    Nooo they can't roll that way. I hate Apple for everything they stand for.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Also fyi its an untested online since this is nintendos first serious venture into it. I doubt it will surpass xbox live free or not.
    Frankly I would be severely disappointed in Microsoft if it did. Being outgunned by a newcomer (to online) wouldn't be a good sign.

Funny comment about "hoping that Nintendo goes the way of SEGA", which is to the verge of bankruptcy. Sony might very well head that way as all (or at least almost) their departments are doing badly as of now, which is really bad for gaming: Potentially having only 2 consoles would harm competition alot.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-10-24 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Day 1. I find that as I age and have a family of my own, the value of Nintendo products expands at an incredible rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    My question to you is , Are you going to buy into this console "the wii U"

I think there will be great games like Zelda , super smash bros , Metroid . So that does have me on the fence of buying it...
    I haven't really been following this console because I thought the Wii was such a letdown. The technology of the Wii could make for some awesome games, yet the games that have been released over the years suck. Screw all the Mii and sport games, I want games like Mario, Zelda, Kirby and such. Or what about an actual good shooter or fighting game that uses the motion controls?

Still, recently the Wii U somehow got my attention. I'm really hoping it does what the Wii should've done. (wishful thinking perhaps)

I'm quite the fan of Zelda games. And I absolutely loved the first Smash Bros (I liked Melee as well, but Brawl wasn't as fun somehow) so I don't think I could pass up on a new Smash bros game. And I'd love to see what they can do with Pikmin and motion controls, should be fun. There's probably more titles that interest me.

Anyway, I'll definitely won't buy one on release. I'll wait for a pricedrop if I ever get one.

And the graphics don't bother me at all, at least Nintendo does something different than the other consoles. And they actually have different games than the PC does. Sure the next Xbox and Playstation will have better graphics, but it will have all the mainstream games that are available for PC as well. I would simply download the games for my PC. Why spend money on an Xbox and games if I can just download it for my PC?

I'm going to save up some money bits at a time in a place just for this console. Personally I think Nintendo should have had at least one major IP (Pikmin is but you know what I mean) around launch time such as Mario or something that's big. Maybe a new DK game.
    It is launching with a Mario game. Not a great one, but it's pretty much guaranteed to sell well if the console does.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Kind of unsure wether to get the premium or the premium zombiu bundle. Leaning towards the bundle though, because of the controller which you get cheaper than if you bought it separately.
    Pre-ordered both, only have to cancel the pre-order of one of them whenever i decide :P

As for games, so far ive preordered a lot of them, but most dont come out on the same date as the console. Darksiders 2 and New Super Mario Bros U, are about the only ones coming out on the same date, although i am having a look at Tank Tank Tank aswell because it seems hilarious.
    Any other games that i might have missed which people feel are interesting?
    Considering the premium edition is already sold out and the basic package is nearly sold out on a world wide scale, I doubt unless you actually already pre-ordered one of the packages, that you will see a premium package within the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering the premium edition is already sold out and the basic package is nearly sold out on a world wide scale, I doubt unless you actually already pre-ordered one of the packages, that you will see a premium package within the next couple of years.
    Are you talking about the regular vs. delux edition of the Wii U?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Frankly I would be severely disappointed in Microsoft if it did. Being outgunned by a newcomer (to online) wouldn't be a good sign.

Funny comment about "hoping that Nintendo goes the way of SEGA", which is to the verge of bankruptcy. Sony might very well head that way as all (or at least almost) their departments are doing badly as of now, which is really bad for gaming: Potentially having only 2 consoles would harm competition alot.
    No it wouldn't. Sony dropping out of the gaming business would be perfectly fine for gaming actually. Having two competitors offering very different products and gaming experiences is healthy for the industry, having two companies who offer the exact same things and then one other who is offering something unique, is bad for gaming due to simple development logistics. Teams have to spend more time adapting their games for three different platforms, one that is heavily based around PC hardware like the 360 is now, one based around some entirely new processor like the PS3 and one that has a special controller but still has PC-like hardware.

It's such a waste of resources to port games to the PS3 and I said at the time of the PS3 launch that Sony's arrogance and their approach to the computing hardware were going to be their downfall, along with their inability to innovate gaming technology when it comes to controllers as they have blatantly just copied what Nintendo has done. Sony lost touch with their customers and the gaming industry as a whole, the PSP was only a marginal success in a market that has only had one true developer where market penetration should have been laughably easy with a device like the PSP and even the Vita is struggling badly on the verge of being considered a technological flop.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Are you talking about the regular vs. delux edition of the Wii U?
    Yes. The deluxe edition has been sold out since about the 3rd or 4th day after they opened up pre-orders. I got one of the last one's at EB Games in my area, I will be picking it up on day 1 of release

Yes. The deluxe edition has been sold out since about the 3rd or 4th day after they opened up pre-orders. I got one of the last one's at EB Games in my area, I will be picking it up on day 1 of release
    Ah. Yeah, both editions are sold out at GameStop in the US and have been since the end of September. The wait list they have is only for their premium members or w/e so you can't even pre-order one from there.

I'd be extremelysurprised if they didn't have at least one global stock refresh before the holidays. Creating scarcity (even if it is artificially) can be a good move and all, but the most product they'll move is always going to be during the holiday season, and limiting that would be beyond foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I will buy the Wii U and I will love it. As all ways.

Deleted
    No it wouldn't. Sony dropping out of the gaming business would be perfectly fine for gaming actually. Having two competitors offering very different products and gaming experiences is healthy for the industry, having two companies who offer the exact same things and then one other who is offering something unique, is bad for gaming due to simple development logistics. Teams have to spend more time adapting their games for three different platforms, one that is heavily based around PC hardware like the 360 is now, one based around some entirely new processor like the PS3 and one that has a special controller but still has PC-like hardware.

It's such a waste of resources to port games to the PS3 and I said at the time of the PS3 launch that Sony's arrogance and their approach to the computing hardware were going to be their downfall, along with their inability to innovate gaming technology when it comes to controllers as they have blatantly just copied what Nintendo has done. Sony lost touch with their customers and the gaming industry as a whole, the PSP was only a marginal success in a market that has only had one true developer where market penetration should have been laughably easy with a device like the PSP and even the Vita is struggling badly on the verge of being considered a technological flop.
    Hadn't seen it that way, truly. I'd still prefer there being more than 2 different consoles to choose from however, maybe the Steambox or the Ouya can pick up Sony's slack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mh Probably not. It depends on what games it might ship with though, but non of the games I've seen so far have piqued my interests. :3

If there wouldnt had been Zelda and Mario kart there would have been absoluteley no reason to buy ANY nintendo console.

Been loyally getting every new Nintendo system more or less, since I got the orginal Gameboy at age 5.
    As long as there will be a new 3d Super Mario, some kinda Mario Kart(/Tennis/Smash/whatever) and a Zelda game, Ill get it.
    I cannot imagine Nintendo NOT making a mario game as that is like their oldest running thing, and they already annouced work on a Zelda game, so yeah as soon as I can afford it I'll get it.
    More nice stuff like metroid or pokemon will be pure bonus, I would buy a new console for a 3d zelda game alone tbh.
    They have never EVER let me down.