Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually, yes. Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 are system sellers for me, but nothing that I HAVE to have on launch.

I don't think I'll buy it, but if one was given to me that would be fine. I don't have anything against it, I just don't have money to spend on a new console.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    They should really bring back a Kid Icarus game, that would actually help a bit.
    But they already did...
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    If there wouldnt had been Zelda and Mario kart there would have been absoluteley no reason to buy ANY nintendo console.
    Pikmin, other Mario games, Metriod, Smash Bros, Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Pokemon, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Fire Emblem. Sure, no reason at all.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-10-25 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    If there wouldnt had been Zelda and Mario kart there would have been absoluteley no reason to buy ANY nintendo console.
    That's like saying that the 360 and PS3 are nothing without Halo or Uncharted. There are many good games on both platforms beside them, the same with Nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the tablet thing is crap, id rather pay for the hardware to run emulators appropriately.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    This guy... IS A GENIUS!

He may be banned right now but there is actually a lot of truth in that statement. I think a lot of fail to realize that children are always being born and they grow up and through that period, especially in first world countries, video-games are prevalent with parents that have no clue what they are and just buy them and Nintendo looks kid friendly so they think Nintendo.

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 10:06 AM ----------

Yeah that's my major problem with it is that they pushed it real far with marketing and it actually wasn't horrible on the Wii but when that Kinect came out I wanted to shoot (not literally) in the face for the biggest piece of crap yet that was over marketed. I really comes down to marketing and not letting the customers test it so they just buy it and then say it's crap but then can't get a refund so easily.

You don't think Microsoft thinks its crap, they do and they don't care. I can actually live with Wii motion controls because with Galaxy games and Zelda games they do well. I mean Mario Galaxy is actually really good with them and I wouldn't mind it either way.
    I see more parents buying Halo and Call of Duty games for their 8 year old's then I do parents buying Super Mario Galaxy or Pikmin, so that's just arrogant, immature hogwash with no statistics to backup your claims (see what I did there?). Don't even bother comparing parents who buy shovelware like Horsez and all that crap to real good quality games that Nintendo makes, because that is such a horribly skewed statistic it's not even funny. Stupid parents buy shovelware, intelligent parents buy good games and educational titles for little kids, parents who want to play games with their kids, will buy the games that Nintendo makes themselves.

Zelda alone is reason enough for me to buy each nintendo product released

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    real good quality games that Nintendo makes.
    Previous statement is a subject of opinion.

I honestly think I've outgrown consoles (sadly).. My 360 had been demoted to a streaming box for quite a while, and I don't even use it for that anymore. Now it just collects dust.

I never got the Wii, the whole control-scheme was uninteresting to me. I MIGHT get the WiiU, depending on reviews, the controls and the games. We'll see.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely. Regardless of system specs or gimmicks or anything else there are too many exclusive franchises that I enjoy on Nintendo consoles for me to ever consider not buying one. However when I purchase one is a fair question as I usually wait for either a price drop or a bundle that looks attractive or something along those lines. Also I still have way too many games from the current generation that I haven't had the time to play yet to catch up on. I will also likely get the next Playstation at some point as they tend to have good exclusives as well and I will likely not buy the new Xbox because none of the Microsoft consoles to date have had a single exclusive that is not also on PC (at some point in time I'm willing to wait) that interests me in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely going to wait until more first party games are released such as Zelda and Metroid. They are why I play Nintendo consoles, I don't play them for 3rd party shit.

When mariokart or f-zero comes for it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Previous statement is a subject of opinion.
    Right, because you know, after nearly 30 years in the video game business, it's clear they don't know how to make games

At least Nintendo can maintain a level of quality, unlike some developers that people seem to be fans of around here *cough*Blizzard*cough*

Right, because you know, after nearly 30 years in the video game business, it's clear they don't know how to make games

At least Nintendo can maintain a level of quality, unlike some developers that people seem to be fans of around here *cough*Blizzard*cough*
    I still stand behind statement you quoted, I dont consider Zelda, Mario or Metroid as pinnacle of gaming.

Deleted

If reissuing the same games count as quality sure.
    Zelda, sure, new story and everything. But everytime I see a new 'issue' of MarioKart I want to kick a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    But everytime I see a new 'issue' of MarioKart I want to kick a puppy.
    Don't like fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I still stand behind statement you quoted, I dont consider Zelda, Mario or Metroid as pinnacle of gaming.
    You know if not for Mario or Zelda many things in gaming today would be probably not as good, right? Actually.. if not for the first Mario or NES we wouldn't have console gaming, and gaming in general would be no where as giant as it is today.

And since when does something have to be at the pinnacle to be considered good and appreciated?
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-10-28 at 09:54 PM.

Clearly it's only good if every single person on the planet likes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    I will get it, but not at launch. Firstly due to the exam period before christmas... and secondly because I'm still waiting for Zelda, a primary Mario and Smash to be announced and in development.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_S...s._(Wii_U/3DS)

On topic, hellz yea!
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if only for Smash Brothers. Not a Zelda fan or a NEW GEN Mario fan. If for some reason pokemon were to move onto the WiiU I'd definitely buy it then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Zelda, sure, new story and everything. But everytime I see a new 'issue' of MarioKart I want to kick a puppy.
    because street fighter, fifa, CoD, halo, uncharted, god of war, half life 2, starcraft 2, dota, WoW expansions etc etc are all totally different from their predecessor's...
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-10-29 at 12:43 AM.