Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
... LastLast
  1. #841
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    I'll still use it to give it a try no problem but I'm mainly getting it as a party system for when I have company over, as it's one of the easiest "hook up 4 controllers and play" systems just like it's predecessors. I think it's easier/cheaper to get 3 additional pro controllers than it would be to get 3 additional gamepads. I'll have to look into it some more.
    Essentially you can have 4 controllers and 1 gamepad, so you have 5 people in a game. The person with the gamepad generally has different things tasks to accomplish. Best multiplayer game I have found so far is NintendoLand. Give that game a chance, we love that one!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

  2. #842

  3. #843
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Merged with existing thread.
    Appreciate it.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  4. #844
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    seriously considering buying one, but i may wait until winter / christmas, price is a bit too high for me since i am only interested in a few nintendo games :\ super smash bros and mario kart are basically the only games i want and i don't really want to spend £300 to play them :z
    Too cool for a signature

  5. #845
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    seriously considering buying one, but i may wait until winter / christmas, price is a bit too high for me since i am only interested in a few nintendo games :\ super smash bros and mario kart are basically the only games i want and i don't really want to spend £300 to play them :z
    You want Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World too.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  6. #846
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    You want Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World too.


    mario world actually looks pretty fun, but that brings me to my next problem; i don't know anybody IRL that actually has a wiiu, and a lot of the games seem based around multiplayer with friends :\ hows just random online multiplayer on these games?
    Too cool for a signature

  7. #847
    an amazing promo for mario kart 8 in the uk atm.. its not out till may 30th but if you register the game by 31st july you get a free game from..

    nintendo land, mario bros U, game & wario, pikmin 3, LoZ wind waker, Sonic lost world, mario and sonic winter olympics, wii party u, wonderful 101, or monster hunter.

    link to promo
    Dictated but not read.

  8. #848
    The Wii U is now as old as the Dreamcast was when it was killed off. It has sold around half the number Dreamcast had by this point.

    https://twitter.com/BenParfitt/statu...50188532342785
    /sigh

    Executive heads are going to roll soon.

  9. #849
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    17,047
    Mario Kart 8 has surpassed the ps4 on Amazon


    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    /sigh

    Executive heads are going to roll soon.
    Iwata has already taken multiple paycuts due to the poor initial performance of the 3DS and Wii U, and they're already working on plans to try to turn things around for the console.

    Nintendo is in a very different position than Sega was at this time. Nintendo still has the strength of the 3DS to prop them up, as well as a massive amount of cash in the bank. They can afford to weather a poor console cycle if they need to. It's not a great position for them to be in, but they can do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Mario Kart 8 has surpassed the ps4 on Amazon

    As silly as the gif is, it's overexaggerating just a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit : P

  11. #851
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    /sigh

    Executive heads are going to roll soon.
    Don't forget the fact though that the Dreamcast was one of the most exploitable systems to ever exist I believe.
    You could literally just burn a game onto a disc and it would play, no anti piracy at all.
    I'm not saying that it's completely irrelevant, but Nintendo is a bit in a better position than Sega was with the Dreamcast.

    Personally, I love the Wii U, just I wish more people would invest in one
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    My main at heart, my paladin

    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.

  12. #852
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Iwata has already taken multiple paycuts due to the poor initial performance of the 3DS and Wii U, and they're already working on plans to try to turn things around for the console.

    Nintendo is in a very different position than Sega was at this time. Nintendo still has the strength of the 3DS to prop them up, as well as a massive amount of cash in the bank. They can afford to weather a poor console cycle if they need to. It's not a great position for them to be in, but they can do it.
    A lot of people seem to be comparing the Wii U to the Dreamcast, which isn't all that accurate. The Dreamcast didn't fail Sega, Sega failed the Dreamcast. I think a comparison to the Saturn would be the most apt, though again, not 1-to-1.

    As silly as the gif is, it's overexaggerating just a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit : P
    Yeah, was about to say the same thing. Still, it looks like Nintendo is being very aggressive with promoting MK8 (anecdotal, but my local GS has had posters for the game out front since mid-April), and it looks like it's working. How well, exactly remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Ahahaha, no. Not going to enable your pomposity with your bullshit, "If you were truly morally and intellectually superior" crap.
    -KrazyK923, admitting his moral and intellectual inferiority.

  13. #853
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Yeah, was about to say the same thing. Still, it looks like Nintendo is being very aggressive with promoting MK8 (anecdotal, but my local GS has had posters for the game out front since mid-April), and it looks like it's working. How well, exactly remains to be seen.
    With that amazing bargain for buying Mario Kart 8, I'm not shocked. When Nintendo gives a bargain, they give great ones, like the $30 Fire Emblem and other game one.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    My main at heart, my paladin

    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.

  14. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    With that amazing bargain for buying Mario Kart 8, I'm not shocked. When Nintendo gives a bargain, they give great ones, like the $30 Fire Emblem and other game one.
    SMT IV. That bonus paid for most of Dream Team.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Ahahaha, no. Not going to enable your pomposity with your bullshit, "If you were truly morally and intellectually superior" crap.
    -KrazyK923, admitting his moral and intellectual inferiority.

  15. #855
    Dreadlord Magewang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West Highlands, Scotland.
    Posts
    900
    Is this a mega thread?

    What does the U stand for? Underbought, unused?

  16. #856
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    Is this a mega thread?

    What does the U stand for? Underbought, unused?
    My guess is Universe or United.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  17. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    Is this a mega thread?

    What does the U stand for? Underbought, unused?
    Or maybe just nothing.
    Maybe it's just a U.
    Or maybe it's a pun off the fact of Wii sounds like We, and U sounds like, well, you. So it's the We You, as in, we play with you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    SMT IV. That bonus paid for most of Dream Team.
    Yeah, that game, I was too lazy to check up the correct spelling of it lol, still kicking myself for missing out on that deal.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    My main at heart, my paladin

    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.

  18. #858
    Dreadlord Magewang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West Highlands, Scotland.
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My guess is Universe or United.
    As in another time parallel universe Wii U was a successful console, with a large catalogue of good games.

  19. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    As in another time parallel universe Wii U was a successful console, with a large catalogue of good games.
    If all ur going to do is post useless bashing comments about the Wii-U why not just leave the thread.

    To me at lease the Wii-U has a decent amount of good games and they are about to get more this year. I plan to get a Wii-U with almost all of its first part titles released in September.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-05-03 at 02:54 AM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  20. #860
    Dreadlord Supakaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Emerald Dream
    Posts
    819
    Strongly considering purchasing a Wii U since I'm a big fan of Mario Kart, Smash Bros and other Nintendo IPs such as Metroid. I don't really care for a lack of games or w/e when all I want to play are the exclusives. I game on my PC but I still enjoy my Nintendo exclusives. Haven't cared for anything else since PS1.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •