Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Totally disagree, I loved DK64 and it was for entirely different reasons then I did DKC. The new games have pretty much been reskinned versions of DKC, while DK64 was unique for the franchise.
    Re-skinned versions of DKC > Reskinned versions of Banjo in flat levels.

Not even a big fan of Returns, DKC2 and Tropical Freeze are by far and away the best 2 in the series.

I still have no clue why you called them adventure games though. DK64 has more elements of being an adventure game then the DKC main line which are 100% pure 2D platformers.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-03-05 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Re-skinned versions of DKC > Reskinned versions of Banjo in flat levels.

Not even a big fan of Returns, DKC2 and Tropical Freeze are by far and away the best 2 in the series.

I still have no clue why you called them adventure games though. DK64 has more elements of being an adventure game then the DKC main line which are 100% pure 2D platformers.
    DK64 didn't feel like Banjo, yeah it had the similarities with Rare making it and all but it did not feel like a Banjo game at all to me.
    Hey everyone

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    DK64 didn't feel like Banjo, yeah it had the similarities with Rare making it and all but it did not feel like a Banjo game at all to me.
    They had some contrasting similarities, but they also shared them with Mario as well. Rare made a lot of gems, hating DK64 even though it pretty much was a more grindy version of Banjo Kazooie with backtracking (which wasn't an issue if you had photographic memory like I do). Sure, it was a bit much but it was still a fun game at the time. I never look at older games in the same light because my memories of them are what they are and I will keep it that way. I'd rather retain fond memories of games in years past that I loved because they were some of the highlights of my youth.

Rare making it is not why it felt like Banjo, you know because Rare also made Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker, Jet Force Gemini etc in the same gen and they feel nothing like Banjo.

It felt like a watered down, bland/flat level version of Banjo where you just endlessly collect garbage. Don't get me wrong I like Banjo, but DK64 took EVERYTHING wrong with Banjo made it worse and slapped DKC characters in it and called it a day.

- - - Updated - - -

They had some contrasting similarities, but they also shared them with Mario as well. Rare made a lot of gems, hating DK64 even though it pretty much was a more grindy version of Banjo Kazooie with backtracking (which wasn't an issue if you had photographic memory like I do). Sure, it was a bit much but it was still a fun game at the time. I never look at older games in the same light because my memories of them are what they are and I will keep it that way. I'd rather retain fond memories of games in years past that I loved because they were some of the highlights of my youth.
    I would question even your nostalgic memory since you still haven't addressed how the DKC series where "more adventure games" and DK64 was "more platformer". If we ignore the fact one is 3d and the other is 2d, these statements would be 100% correct if you swapped them around... lol

So mario party 10 new characters are just rosalina, bowser and spike. I miss when mario party had a bunch of characters and the removal of birdo for no reason is sad.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So mario party 10 new characters are just rosalina, bowser and spike. I miss when mario party had a bunch of characters and the removal of birdo for no reason is sad.
    Nintendo does seem to be doing weird things with character selections. Like, I get SSB, it's a lot more work than just added the model, animations, and voice. You have to balance the character and everything.

You don't need to balance anything in Mario Kart as far as character selection goes, or Mario Party. So why do they keep removing random characters, like doesn't Double Dash still have the most amount of racers? (Well, with addon content now I'm unsure of MK8) Why did we need Metal Mario and Peach yet no Wiggler again?! I loved Wiggler in 7.

Also how could you call DK64 trash Tech, I loved that game

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    zelda wii u "leaked" as a june 26th release.. i dont believe it though
    Completely different beast, but I was taken back by Majora's Mask quick release. I wouldn't discount that early of a release for another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Nintendo does seem to be doing weird things with character selections. Like, I get SSB, it's a lot more work than just added the model, animations, and voice. You have to balance the character and everything.

You don't need to balance anything in Mario Kart as far as character selection goes, or Mario Party. So why do they keep removing random characters, like doesn't Double Dash still have the most amount of racers? (Well, with addon content now I'm unsure of MK8) Why did we need Metal Mario and Peach yet no Wiggler again?! I loved Wiggler in 7.

Also how could you call DK64 trash Tech, I loved that game

Completely different beast, but I was taken back by Majora's Mask quick release. I wouldn't discount that early of a release for another game.
    Oh I hate alt characters like metal mario and peach. It's just dumb. DD still the best mario kart. They removed birdo from mario party and not todette?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rare making it is not why it felt like Banjo, you know because Rare also made Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker, Jet Force Gemini etc in the same gen and they feel nothing like Banjo.

It felt like a watered down, bland/flat level version of Banjo where you just endlessly collect garbage. Don't get me wrong I like Banjo, but DK64 took EVERYTHING wrong with Banjo made it worse and slapped DKC characters in it and called it a day.

- - - Updated - - -

I would question even your nostalgic memory since you still haven't addressed how the DKC series where "more adventure games" and DK64 was "more platformer". If we ignore the fact one is 3d and the other is 2d, these statements would be 100% correct if you swapped them around... lol
    DKC pretty much is a glorified platform game. It's basically SMB with swinging vines, animals and some collectible items.

DKC pretty much is a glorified platform game. It's basically SMB with swinging vines, animals and some collectible items.
    And it's usually fantastically well designed, too. So people still enjoy the heck out of those games : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Look I understood the point you were trying to make but lets not stoop that low and make an argument just because we can here. I know you said it in jest but he may not...
    Hey everyone

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look I understood the point you were trying to make but lets not stoop that low and make an argument just because we can here. I know you said it in jest but he may not...
    No, DKC is a glorified platforming game, heck it isn't even glorified, it IS a platform game. It has essentially all of the elements that make it a platforming game, heck if you grind it right down the core of the game, it is essentially Super Mario World with Donkey Kong characters in it. That is just how it is. Anyone who calls DKC an adventure game doesn't know what an adventure game is. The Legend of Zelda series are adventure games.

No, DKC is a glorified platforming game, heck it isn't even glorified, it IS a platform game. It has essentially all of the elements that make it a platforming game, heck if you grind it right down the core of the game, it is essentially Super Mario World with Donkey Kong characters in it. That is just how it is. Anyone who calls DKC an adventure game doesn't know what an adventure game is. The Legend of Zelda series are adventure games.
    Except you are the one that made the comment to make it sound as if you where saying DKC was an adventure game, hence spurring the entire conversation there.

DKC and DK64 weren't even in the same vein. DK64 was more of a platformer and puzzle game rather than an adventure.
    Hence me telling you in multiple comments that DKC WAS a platformer and if anything you had this comment completely reversed.

Also your comparison is laughable. I guess Sonic is just a SMB game with Sonic characters in it. Klonoa? SMB game with Klonoa characters. Rayman? SMB game with Rayman characters. Super Meat Boy? Mario game with a meat boy.

Every 2d platformer is a mario game with different characters!
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-03-14 at 10:47 PM.

Royally ticked off. After buying Mario party 10, find out we need Two wii remotes to play it. Wtf is this bull crap? This system needs like 15billion other things just to work! Seriously considering taking it back -_-. What happened to getting 1 remote and it working on all games.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Your original problem was buying Mario Party 10 in the first place.
    Wanted a game to play with my gf. I remember playing mario party 8 as a kid with my brothers and having a blast.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Wanted a game to play with my gf. I remember playing mario party 8 as a kid with my brothers and having a blast.
    You can play bowser party mode with the gamepad and 1 wii mote.

You can also get refurbished wii motes from nintendo for $15. Don't waste $40 on the ones at gamestop.

Don't listen to the haters though, Mario Party 10 is still fun with my wife and kids. Not some Mario Kart or Smash level master piece, but simple, charming fun.

You can play bowser party mode with the gamepad and 1 wii mote.

You can also get refurbished wii motes from nintendo for $15. Don't waste $40 on the ones at gamestop.

Don't listen to the haters though, Mario Party 10 is still fun with my wife and kids. Not some Mario Kart or Smash level master piece, but simple, charming fun.
    If I can't return this remote gonna have to get a refurbished one. Have a link i could grab to them?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Royally ticked off. After buying Mario party 10, find out we need Two wii remotes to play it. Wtf is this bull crap? This system needs like 15billion other things just to work! Seriously considering taking it back -_-. What happened to getting 1 remote and it working on all games.
    Wait you need 2 wii remotes? That's so awful. What's the point of my pro controller and gamepad then :l

The game pad has been useful. I like it in pikmin 3 for the map and off screen play on games is cool, so nobody fights over the tv. Though for some games it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Nothing, thats why people are so annoyed that Nintendo won't just ditch the gamepad.
    Even Nintendo doesn't know what the hell it's for.
    The gamepad will have already shown its worth this year when Xenoblade and Zelda come out and you get inventory management on a touch screen.