not to mention eu gets awesome preorder bonuses while america gets shitty posters if that most of the time. sometimes i wish i still lived in the uk for all that stuff you guys get, some of it rivals japans stuff
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

You can order 3d World Refurb directly from Nintendo for 33 dollars right now. They also sell a refurb wii u with super mario 3d world pre-installed for 225, which is what I got last month. Works great. Not getting Club Nintendo points would have sucked in the past, but I guess that doesn't matter atm.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-06-08 at 10:39 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    Fun fact: we euros are usually jealous looking at the north american offers. target sale here, 2 for 1 offer there, refurbished consoles etc. Even older games like Wind Waker/3D world still go for almost 50€ over here.

What is the actual price for Splatoon incl. taxes in NA? I payed 40€ for my Amiibo version, including a 5€ voucher for subscribing to their newsletter.
    And they do in Canada too, it is not exclusively an EU issue, it is Nintendo keeping the prices on their games high because they make more money that way.

can buy one for 270 eu and that's with 2 games. (I only care for karting tho)

Deleted
    just bought wii u with some random lego police game for £149. wow nintendo games are expensive! Me wants LOZ and the mario ones!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Trust me, we don't get some magical price cuts on Nintendo evergreen games that doesn't happen in any region.

Splatoon is $59.99 MSRP in US, and tax depends on your state. $0-7 depending on state. That is without any amiibo, or specifically the squid amiibo EU got in the bundle. The only way to get squid amiibo in NA is in the 3 pack for $34.99, and major stock issues on that as well.
    Hehe, that's just the impression while reading reddit. They often point out those sales.

We definitely got the edge on Splatoon then. The amiibo isn't avaible though. Had to preorder, not a single one hit the shelves. The 3 pack is around 90€ by now.

not to mention eu gets awesome preorder bonuses while america gets shitty posters if that most of the time. sometimes i wish i still lived in the uk for all that stuff you guys get, some of it rivals japans stuff
    What bonuses? Never got anything, not even a poster.

America gets jack shit lol

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/..._slhvySsFahbEw

3 pack at game stop if anyone wants. I don't. Lol.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    America gets jack shit lol

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/..._slhvySsFahbEw

3 pack at game stop if anyone wants. I don't. Lol.
    It's in stock at all the gamestops within 20 miles of me to.

Seems that restock is real, told you it wouldn't be rare after the launch shortage

Seems that restock is real, told you it wouldn't be rare after the launch shortage
    Well currently its only gamestop. Pacman got recently restocked and now it's sold out again. Charizard is doing the same. It's too early to tell, they might pull a Toad (Toad seems to be restocked nowadays) but who knows. With nintendos track record for these things though....

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well currently its only gamestop. Pacman got recently restocked and now it's sold out again. Charizard is doing the same. It's too early to tell, they might pull a Toad (Toad seems to be restocked nowadays) but who knows. With nintendos track record for these things though....
    Toad is restocked because like all the SM series ones he has a board locked behind him in Mario Party. Same reason splatoon shit will constantly be restocked until it is common. Toad only ended up rare in the first place because he was the only character in the SM series who didn't have a SSB common already, so he likely sold a hell of a lot more initially.

Basically anything with content locked behind them ends up being common(well unless you count the Code Name Steam crap but it seems nintendo forgot that game even existed now), and all mainstream characters end up common. Mega Man and Sonic where sold out for awhile but common now.

Hey they tried to make marth common for code name steam but..... THEY FAILED.

Also is there any reason to level up all your gear in single player mode in splatoon? I mean I beat it and got all the scrolls but not all my weapons and sub weapons are maxed out. Do you get anything for it or something?

You make the game easier, which really only matters for some of the amiibo challenges. Some levels are quite a bitch with the roller and charger so every bit helps.

It's not even in stock within 100 miles for me

You make the game easier, which really only matters for some of the amiibo challenges. Some levels are quite a bitch with the roller and charger so every bit helps.
    Well I don't plan on buying any amiibos period so that's a no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's not even in stock within 100 miles for me
    Must be regional on how fast they are getting them, but it would seem all stores are getting them based on my region.

However worth nothing they all show low stock which means 5 or less in each store. Would be safe to assume each store got 2-3 at most I would guess.

Either way though, I expect Nintendo to keep restocking this throughout the months until it is pretty common.

With the squid girl amiibo you get the school girl outfit, does the skirt turn into pants if you are a boy?

It's named school uniform, and school shoes(not school girl) and yea I'm pretty sure it just changes appearance for boy squid(pretty sure I have seen boys with the uniform on without being cross dressers ). However not sure about the head piece which is labeled "girls hairpin" on my girl squid...

I did some testing on +damage on gear. It's garbage. Why did they even add such a thing along with diminishing returns? On test dummy's it added about 8 damage per hit. 8. 4 hits to kill on paintbrush still stayed 4 hits. I guess it would be ok with the .96 gal guns? But holy shit why did they make it so weak?

Also final gambit is pretty meh. If you don't know how to manage ink it's ok but it's just meh.

+damage is fine and has it's place on the automatic weapons. On some weapons with 3 pieces of +damage it can change a 4 hit kill to a 3 hit kill which is huge.

Not every stat is going to be great for every weapon.

+damage is fine and has it's place on the automatic weapons. On some weapons with 3 pieces of +damage it can change a 4 hit kill to a 3 hit kill which is huge.

Not every stat is going to be great for every weapon.
    It seems to be only the case for a few certain weapons that are specialized in killing which is the .# gal ones and that other one nobody uses. Otherwise it's not worth a slot.

I'm going to try ink resistance, people have been saying it's invaluable and amazing.

Guess my optimal set up right now is stealth, ink resistance, ink saver sub and main for paintbrush and special charge up if I can fill it with the holes.
    Last edited by zito; 2015-06-08 at 06:18 PM.