1. #1

    Final Fantasy Mobius

    Is anyone playing it? Downloaded it a couple days ago for my phone, just got the chapter 2... still confused as fuck of what I'm doing.
    I would welcome any tips about anything, such as where the hell should I be investing my tickets and daily points =P

  2. #2
    No clue! downloading now.
    I've enjoyed exivus so far.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Not gonna lie... kinda digging this.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

  3. #3
    Yeah, it's quite good for a mobile game.
    I just feel kind of lost at where I should spend my summoning cards and shit, some people say that I should invest in new classes, other say it's a mistake... I have no clue anymore.

  4. #4
    Is this one of those tap/timing based combat systems or is it actually menu driven turn combat?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Is this one of those tap/timing based combat systems or is it actually menu driven turn combat?
    ye olde fashion menu driven combat paired with a randomized resource pool that can be diverted toward defense against certain elements or to fuel attacks with those elements.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

  6. #6
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    17,923
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  7. #7
    Over 9000! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    9,873
    It's oddly cool. I burned through the first two acts in about a day and I've been sitting about waiting for more since, but overall I'm liking it.

    My only problem... Onion Knight and Warrior both use Earth, Fire and Water, then for NO reason when you shift up to Knight they use Earth, Fire and Wind... Even though there are no Warrior abilities that are fueled by Wind. So I have to dip into Rogue abilites, which annoys me because no matter how good they are, they'll never been as strong as a Warrior ability, used by a Warrior.

    Hopefully when I upgrade to Dark Knight it'll swap me back to Fire, Earth and Water.

    although, when I upgraded to Warrior is also lowered my crit and damage, which pissed me off... An upgrade should be an ugrade, not a sidegrade.
    Check out the blog I wrote for LEGENDARY indie label Flicknife Records:
    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog
    Blog 6 is here! Answering the burning question: Are digital releases inferior?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's oddly cool. I burned through the first two acts in about a day and I've been sitting about waiting for more since, but overall I'm liking it.

    My only problem... Onion Knight and Warrior both use Earth, Fire and Water, then for NO reason when you shift up to Knight they use Earth, Fire and Wind... Even though there are no Warrior abilities that are fueled by Wind. So I have to dip into Rogue abilites, which annoys me because no matter how good they are, they'll never been as strong as a Warrior ability, used by a Warrior.

    Hopefully when I upgrade to Dark Knight it'll swap me back to Fire, Earth and Water.

    although, when I upgraded to Warrior is also lowered my crit and damage, which pissed me off... An upgrade should be an ugrade, not a sidegrade.
    I think that there are special abilities from events for higher level classes. Stone / Stona / Stonaga require mana that apprentice mage / mage can't us but I think white mage does.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's oddly cool. I burned through the first two acts in about a day and I've been sitting about waiting for more since, but overall I'm liking it.

    My only problem... Onion Knight and Warrior both use Earth, Fire and Water, then for NO reason when you shift up to Knight they use Earth, Fire and Wind... Even though there are no Warrior abilities that are fueled by Wind. So I have to dip into Rogue abilites, which annoys me because no matter how good they are, they'll never been as strong as a Warrior ability, used by a Warrior.

    Hopefully when I upgrade to Dark Knight it'll swap me back to Fire, Earth and Water.

    although, when I upgraded to Warrior is also lowered my crit and damage, which pissed me off... An upgrade should be an ugrade, not a sidegrade.
    Don't take my word for it, but all the classes seem to be... kind of unrelated to each other? Onion Knight is one class, but Warrior is another one, you may get one by leveling the other, but they are still 2 different classes, thus not necessarily an upgrade to the previous one.... I think.

  10. #10
    Over 9000! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    9,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Don't take my word for it, but all the classes seem to be... kind of unrelated to each other? Onion Knight is one class, but Warrior is another one, you may get one by leveling the other, but they are still 2 different classes, thus not necessarily an upgrade to the previous one.... I think.
    I think you're right. Although you unlock them Onion > Warrior > Knight > Dark Knight (and apprently there's more after), they're not a set progression path, but rather four jobs with their own style. Although as a general rule, the higher jobs are better, it's not a case of flat progression and you might find a lower job suits your play style better than a higher one.

    For instance, Dark Knight is fast and has great crit... But it's defense is SHITE. Whereas Warrior has decent attack and decent defense, but isn't great in either. Apparently you can unlock Paladin, which has awesome defense and terrible attack, but I don't think you get that from the core class, it has to be pulled from the deck.
    Check out the blog I wrote for LEGENDARY indie label Flicknife Records:
    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog
    Blog 6 is here! Answering the burning question: Are digital releases inferior?

  11. #11
    https://mediacraft.rockuapps.com/art...-final-fantasy

    That's a job list based on their rankings, I'm not sure if all of them are already available, I believe the JAP version is ahead of us content wise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Kay guys, yeah, apparently the first thing you want to do is to store up 6 summoning cards to summon a job.
    The 3 jobs you start are like "trial" jobs, the real deal is way stronger and instead of unlock new "trial classes" using crystals, you unlock weapons and more upgrades for the job, also save up your magicite (?) to buy the monthly item pack thingy... it gives you 6 summoning cards and that alone covers the price of it =P

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    looks like they just made him wear less revealing clothes

    which is fucking hysterical

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seaside, FL
    Posts
    2,670
    I'm having fun with it, though my pulls pretty much made me go mage. Mage and BLM. Which was lame at the start of the PuPu event, but man oh man has the turtle tower been fun.

    Been playing since launch days most days. Few tricks:

    1. When you augment a standard card, like one that drops at 1 star from a mob, it'll drop at the star rating from then on. Use this trick to turn those lesser blah drops into their main form and work on those ability levels.

    2. Draw once and save your summon cards. Whatever you get now will carry you over to the next few chapters, and into some better jobs.

    3. Save your magicite and get the Mobius box. 3k magicite and you get a bunch of stuff (including 6 summon cards), extra skill seeds, and bonus stuff during the month.

    4. Learn to game the score system. Higher scores mean higher skill seed bonuses, which yields more progression. 4th page is expensive.

    Oh, and of course follow me for future multiplayer combat stuff, which is going to be the meat of the fun later.
    2037 45b4 e21c

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Don't take my word for it, but all the classes seem to be... kind of unrelated to each other? Onion Knight is one class, but Warrior is another one, you may get one by leveling the other, but they are still 2 different classes, thus not necessarily an upgrade to the previous one.... I think.
    These are starter jobs. They have less stats than the pull jobs, but let you get an idea of what they play like.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH View Post
    NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

  14. #14
    Ah, thanks for the info mate. I haven't tried augmenting shit yet, so I have no clue what you mean yet xD
    My first draw was the Knight, enjoying it a lot, it's indeed way more powerful than the starting things =/

  15. #15
    Anyone know a way to consistently get spells like Aero?
    I wish I had known that maxing out seeds using shit cards was important for leveling haha.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    looks like they just made him wear less revealing clothes

    which is fucking hysterical
    Indeed. Are people really triggered by a scantily-clad male now? Come on, people.

  17. #17
    yeah its fun.. i use auto play at work and grind. card fusions kinda confuses me trying to skill up some abilities but i think it gots it now.. just slightly annoying... XD
    Member:Legion Alpha, Member since 1/27/2016 | Overwatch Beta Club, Member Since 11/10/2015 | WoD Alpha club, Member since 6/17/14

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seaside, FL
    Posts
    2,670
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Anyone know a way to consistently get spells like Aero?
    I wish I had known that maxing out seeds using shit cards was important for leveling haha.
    Find where x ability drops. For Aero, it's a Grudge Wizard. They start at 1 star, with the lesser Aero ability. Augment to to 3 stars. This is done by grinding boss drops. They wander around the maps; colored Bomb markers. Take the drops, augment the wizard to 2 then 3 stars. Now, the wind element Grudge Wizards will drop 3 star cards now after the augmentation. When going from 2 to 3 star, you'll have noticed that lame Lesser Aero ability is now Aero, and can be used to pump your Sylph.

    You can do this with any drop card in the game.

    New stuff out this week. Jobs are on the weak side. Wait till next job release for a shot at some better ones. But, at the end of the day, you are protected from duplicate draws of jobs, so pull whenever if you want.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Ah, thanks for the info mate. I haven't tried augmenting shit yet, so I have no clue what you mean yet xD
    My first draw was the Knight, enjoying it a lot, it's indeed way more powerful than the starting things =/
    Knight is solid in that you can cheese the combat in such a way as to keep breaking over and over and just rack up high scores, which net you multipliers on your seed gains.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH View Post
    NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Find where x ability drops. For Aero, it's a Grudge Wizard. They start at 1 star, with the lesser Aero ability. Augment to to 3 stars. This is done by grinding boss drops. They wander around the maps; colored Bomb markers. Take the drops, augment the wizard to 2 then 3 stars. Now, the wind element Grudge Wizards will drop 3 star cards now after the augmentation. When going from 2 to 3 star, you'll have noticed that lame Lesser Aero ability is now Aero, and can be used to pump your Sylph.

    You can do this with any drop card in the game.

    New stuff out this week. Jobs are on the weak side. Wait till next job release for a shot at some better ones. But, at the end of the day, you are protected from duplicate draws of jobs, so pull whenever if you want.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Knight is solid in that you can cheese the combat in such a way as to keep breaking over and over and just rack up high scores, which net you multipliers on your seed gains.
    Don't I have to spend growstars to augment?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seaside, FL
    Posts
    2,670
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Don't I have to spend growstars to augment?
    To 4 star, yes.

    Getting it from 1 to 3 stars? No. That requires farmable drops.

    And growstars are the real bottleneck in your progress. These will continue to be few and far between.

    And make sure to take advantage of the PuPu event running. After upgrading those cards to 4 stars (they us mats dropped by the UFOs in the area), they sell for great gil, and the mobs scale to your level, so they'll always be a good source of seeds.

    People are scoring 1m+ easy in there. As long as you aren't a BLM

    Oooh, I missed that multiplayer content was coming next week. Neat.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; Today at 05:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH View Post
    NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •