Page 2 of 236 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    New pikmin. I can't really say I don't want it.

I don't really play on consoles as much as I used to. There are other things I'd want to invest in first, but I might get one eventually! Nintendo has never disappointed me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on what games it will have, I don't really keep up with new consoles since they come out so frequently.
    Just Zelda games I bother getting anyway, so it's not really worth the investment to buy a new console.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Not sure how you got me being butthurt from two words. Nice try though.
    Because all you can come up with is 2 words. First off you cannot disagree with the facts and secondly you cannot reply constructively to my opinion or intentions.

People can tell a lot from two words.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Its such a revolutionary console that it is graphically almost up to 2006 standards. I thought the original Wii was cool but didnt buy one, I also won't be buying a Wii U.
    The Wii U's graphics are at least on par with, if not a bit better than, current Xbox/PS3 games. Yes, that's fairly old tech, but compare the Xbox's launch titles to its current ones. As developers learn to use the hardware better, the graphics will likely improve. Will it be as good looking as the next Xbox or the PS4? Absolutely not, but I don't think you can call it worse than current gen consoles.

Because all you can come up with is 2 words. First off you cannot disagree with the facts and secondly you cannot reply constructively to my opinion or intentions.

Wii U has higher/equal graphics to PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm so mad right now, the internet makes me so angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Wii U has higher/equal graphics to PS3 and Xbox 360.
    ^This

I will be getting the Wii-U cause Nintendo hasn't let me down yet
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo has proven that with their games graphics arent what make their games. Gameplay > *

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will most likely buy it only to play super smash bros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Yes, ZombiU looks freakin amazing.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    The Wii U's graphics are at least on par with, if not a bit better than, current Xbox/PS3 games. Yes, that's fairly old tech, but compare the Xbox's launch titles to its current ones. As developers learn to use the hardware better, the graphics will likely improve. Will it be as good looking as the next Xbox or the PS4? Absolutely not, but I don't think you can call it worse than current gen consoles.
    I already think that the current generation consoles look fairly bad, some games to me are unplayable because of their blurryness due to the low resolution (720p) compared to the PC. I own a PS3 and yes there are some good looking games, but the current generation of consoles being so greatly behind the times in technology is holding back the forward development of games.

The current consoles already limit developers too much, and bringing out a next generation console with the intention of adding some mainstream popular titles without moving forward is terrible. They are bringing out a next generation console with the performance of the already greatly outdated current generation. These limitations holding back developers eventually end up also effecting the PC market, specifically in the case of multiplatform games.

Go back to the launch of the XBOX 360 and it was already out of date compared to PC's by time it was released, and 6 years later you're launching a system with the same capabilities?

But hey, that's fine and I'm sure it will have some cool games, but don't think that you can slap together an ipad and over half a decade outdated graphical computing power and call it "Revolutionary"

snip
    I find it kind of sad that you find some games unplayable solely due to the graphics. That's really unfortunate, and you're missing out on a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends on the 3rd party games for the system i was disappointed that i coudlnt get alot of games on my wii so i got a ps3 and i will most likely stick with sony consoles from now on had all the play stations so may as well
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo as far as console is concerned has been disappointing since after the SNES. They only cater to first party games and have been trying to use gimmicky tech for the last few consoles and its terrible. The handheld systems is what keeps Nintendo going and has been great thou I despise the 3Ds.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-07-29 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    Depends, if they release a pokemon for it, or even a super mario sunshine I would. If they didnt, probably not.

Depends on the list of other launch titles. Only game interests me so far is ZombiU

This is backwards compatible with Wii games right? If so I might just pick up games such as Xenoblade, Last Story, Skyward Sword etc.

Dragon Quest X is coming out for Wii/Wii U so that's something.

Not sure yet...I liked the concept of Wii but I just don't play it as there aren't many games that really appeal to my interests. The Wii was certainly kind of underwhelming graphically but if it's on par with Xbox 360 then it's good enough for me, I've never really played those games for graphics anyways...Wii was just a little too...bleh.

If it's cheap enough I may pick one up shortly after release if there are good launch titles. Otherwise, I'll wait a while like I did with my 360.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I find it kind of sad that you find some games unplayable solely due to the graphics. That's really unfortunate, and you're missing out on a lot.
    Don't get me wrong, it's not about the graphics but mostly about resolutions/clarity.... I can't stand blurryness, i've become accustomed to playing high res PC games and I just can't do it. I played the Bulletstorm demo on my PS3 and it was like trying to play a game with vassaline spread over my screen.

But It isnt about graphics, I love the Pokemon series of games, I played through FF7 again as recently as last year, and I still play a bunch of old PC games, I have a Sega Arcade emulator that lets me play Sega Rally. It's about clarity and I ask myself why do I want to play this game on this console when I can play it on the PC? Because 95% of all the games I like are also on the PC.

Gran Turismo 5 was a good example, fantastic looking game but if you compare it to a PC game up close and if you look at the textures it really is quite blurry, just that the devs did a masterful job at using what they had efficiently and artistically. That being my first PS3 title though it did take some adjusting, it looks best when you're sitting halfway accross the room from it, which is hard when my PS3 is connected to my PC monitor.

Graphics matter, a game looking good and most importantly being clear in detail and smooth in FPS is important. WoW does not have good graphics, very average at best. But everything is clear and sharp and with smooth FPS it runs great.

F1 2011 on the PS3 - Compared to the PC I found this unplayable, low fps and fps drops in graphically heavy areas, with the graphics overall not even looking so great either, usual blurry nonsense. How can anyone consider it playable? I wish they had reduced the candyfloss and made it play smooth and look clean.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-07-29 at 08:53 PM.