10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Merged with existing thread.
    Appreciate it.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    seriously considering buying one, but i may wait until winter / christmas, price is a bit too high for me since i am only interested in a few nintendo games :\ super smash bros and mario kart are basically the only games i want and i don't really want to spend £300 to play them :z

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    seriously considering buying one, but i may wait until winter / christmas, price is a bit too high for me since i am only interested in a few nintendo games :\ super smash bros and mario kart are basically the only games i want and i don't really want to spend £300 to play them :z
    You want Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World too.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    You want Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World too.

mario world actually looks pretty fun, but that brings me to my next problem; i don't know anybody IRL that actually has a wiiu, and a lot of the games seem based around multiplayer with friends :\ hows just random online multiplayer on these games?

Deleted
    an amazing promo for mario kart 8 in the uk atm.. its not out till may 30th but if you register the game by 31st july you get a free game from..

nintendo land, mario bros U, game & wario, pikmin 3, LoZ wind waker, Sonic lost world, mario and sonic winter olympics, wii party u, wonderful 101, or monster hunter.

link to promo

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Wii U is now as old as the Dreamcast was when it was killed off. It has sold around half the number Dreamcast had by this point.

https://twitter.com/BenParfitt/statu...50188532342785
    /sigh

Executive heads are going to roll soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mario Kart 8 has surpassed the ps4 on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    /sigh

Iwata has already taken multiple paycuts due to the poor initial performance of the 3DS and Wii U, and they're already working on plans to try to turn things around for the console.

Nintendo is in a very different position than Sega was at this time. Nintendo still has the strength of the 3DS to prop them up, as well as a massive amount of cash in the bank. They can afford to weather a poor console cycle if they need to. It's not a great position for them to be in, but they can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Mario Kart 8 has surpassed the ps4 on Amazon

As silly as the gif is, it's overexaggerating just a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit : P

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    /sigh

Don't forget the fact though that the Dreamcast was one of the most exploitable systems to ever exist I believe.
    You could literally just burn a game onto a disc and it would play, no anti piracy at all.
    I'm not saying that it's completely irrelevant, but Nintendo is a bit in a better position than Sega was with the Dreamcast.

Personally, I love the Wii U, just I wish more people would invest in one

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Iwata has already taken multiple paycuts due to the poor initial performance of the 3DS and Wii U, and they're already working on plans to try to turn things around for the console.

Nintendo is in a very different position than Sega was at this time. Nintendo still has the strength of the 3DS to prop them up, as well as a massive amount of cash in the bank. They can afford to weather a poor console cycle if they need to. It's not a great position for them to be in, but they can do it.
    A lot of people seem to be comparing the Wii U to the Dreamcast, which isn't all that accurate. The Dreamcast didn't fail Sega, Sega failed the Dreamcast. I think a comparison to the Saturn would be the most apt, though again, not 1-to-1.

As silly as the gif is, it's overexaggerating just a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit : P
    Yeah, was about to say the same thing. Still, it looks like Nintendo is being very aggressive with promoting MK8 (anecdotal, but my local GS has had posters for the game out front since mid-April), and it looks like it's working. How well, exactly remains to be seen.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Yeah, was about to say the same thing. Still, it looks like Nintendo is being very aggressive with promoting MK8 (anecdotal, but my local GS has had posters for the game out front since mid-April), and it looks like it's working. How well, exactly remains to be seen.
    With that amazing bargain for buying Mario Kart 8, I'm not shocked. When Nintendo gives a bargain, they give great ones, like the $30 Fire Emblem and other game one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    With that amazing bargain for buying Mario Kart 8, I'm not shocked. When Nintendo gives a bargain, they give great ones, like the $30 Fire Emblem and other game one.
    SMT IV. That bonus paid for most of Dream Team.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Is this a mega thread?

What does the U stand for? Underbought, unused?

Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    Is this a mega thread?

My guess is Universe or United.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Is this a mega thread?

Or maybe just nothing.
    Maybe it's just a U.
    Or maybe it's a pun off the fact of Wii sounds like We, and U sounds like, well, you. So it's the We You, as in, we play with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    SMT IV. That bonus paid for most of Dream Team.
    Yeah, that game, I was too lazy to check up the correct spelling of it lol, still kicking myself for missing out on that deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My guess is Universe or United.
    As in another time parallel universe Wii U was a successful console, with a large catalogue of good games.

As in another time parallel universe Wii U was a successful console, with a large catalogue of good games.
    If all ur going to do is post useless bashing comments about the Wii-U why not just leave the thread.

To me at lease the Wii-U has a decent amount of good games and they are about to get more this year. I plan to get a Wii-U with almost all of its first part titles released in September.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-05-03 at 02:54 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strongly considering purchasing a Wii U since I'm a big fan of Mario Kart, Smash Bros and other Nintendo IPs such as Metroid. I don't really care for a lack of games or w/e when all I want to play are the exclusives. I game on my PC but I still enjoy my Nintendo exclusives. Haven't cared for anything else since PS1.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Strongly considering purchasing a Wii U since I'm a big fan of Mario Kart, Smash Bros and other Nintendo IPs such as Metroid. I don't really care for a lack of games or w/e when all I want to play are the exclusives. I game on my PC but I still enjoy my Nintendo exclusives. Haven't cared for anything else since PS1.
    I love Nintendo Exclusives. I can play Mario XX or Zelda XX it dose not matter how many is made.

10+ Year Old Account