10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for repeatedly asking questions. I'm currently looking at the consoles...any particular package that stands out?

32GB Basic Black Deluxe for $308
    8GB Basic White $249
    32GB Black with Mario & Luigi $340
    32GB Black with Mario Kart 8 $380
    32GB Black with Zelda Wind Waker $340

As noted above, I'll need a Classic Controller Pro (Looks like they're pricing at $47). You note that I need a Wii Mote controller, I'm guessing the Wii-U does not include that one I need to plug the Classic Controller Pro into. So I would need Wii Remote Plus?

Truly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Sorry for repeatedly asking questions. I'm currently looking at the consoles...any particular package that stands out?

32GB Basic Black Deluxe for $308
    8GB Basic White $249
    32GB Black with Mario & Luigi $340
    32GB Black with Mario Kart 8 $380
    32GB Black with Zelda Wind Waker $340

As noted above, I'll need a Classic Controller Pro (Looks like they're pricing at $47). You note that I need a Wii Mote controller, I'm guessing the Wii-U does not include that one I need to plug the Classic Controller Pro into. So I would need Wii Remote Plus?

Truly appreciated.
    The MK8 bundle comes with a Wii Remote +. The other models do not.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you - just checked Bestbuy, has it for $330. Would just need a classic pro controller then I'm ready to go!

Hmm I need a WiiU. So I was thinking of trading in my old Wii for a WiiU and you get $50 via gamestop promotion for a new WiiU. But does that count towards refurbished? Because nintendo has Deluxe refurbished with nintendoland for $200 (with a 1 year warranty and free repairs) and well a new WiiU delux is $300 at gamestop so... what the fuck.

Should I just get the nintendo refurbished for $200 and trade my old system/games for just games and accessories?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Thank you - just checked Bestbuy, has it for $330. Would just need a classic pro controller then I'm ready to go!
    I'm a huge zelda fan and so I wanted the zelda bundle with the zelda gamepad. So that's the one my wife got me. But, as far as cost savings goes, the MK8 bundle is by far the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Hmm I need a WiiU. So I was thinking of trading in my old Wii for a WiiU and you get $50 via gamestop promotion for a new WiiU. But does that count towards refurbished? Because nintendo has Deluxe refurbished with nintendoland for $200 (with a 1 year warranty and free repairs) and well a new WiiU delux is $300 at gamestop so... what the fuck.

Should I just get the nintendo refurbished for $200 and trade my old system/games for just games and accessories?
    Well, I bought a used NintendoLand from gamestop and it was only 10 dollars. And I'm a sucker for buying things new, usually. I am sure a refurbished wii U will be fine, especially with the warranty. It all depends on what kind of person you are, if you worry about those types of things then I'd buy it new.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Question: I bought Skyward Sword a while ago and have yet to play it because I dont have the Wii U Remote & Nunchuck. I'll buy the Wii U Remote and wonder if ppl know if there is built in a Motion plus or if I have to get it myself? Or is it something I could play without?

I have done some googling but it seems there is some 3rd party controllers that has it but not the nintendo one?

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Question: I bought Skyward Sword a while ago and have yet to play it because I dont have the Wii U Remote & Nunchuck. I'll buy the Wii U Remote and wonder if ppl know if there is built in a Motion plus or if I have to get it myself? Or is it something I could play without?

I have done some googling but it seems there is some 3rd party controllers that has it but not the nintendo one?
    You will need a classic Wii remote with the motion plus on it. The Wii U does not have it's own version of the Wii Remote. The WiiU-specific controllers are the Gamepad and the new Pro Controller (which is amazing, btw).

If you buy a new Wii Remote a lot of the newer models come with the Wii Motion Plus already built in, and will say so right on the box. Here is an example, as you can see under the "Wii" title it says "Wii motion plus INSIDE". Also notice it is called a "Wii Remote PLUS", this means that it has the motion plus built in. Then just buy a nunchuk and enjoy.
    Last edited by Keile; 2014-06-24 at 01:56 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    You will need a classic Wii remote with the motion plus on it. The Wii U does not have it's own version of the Wii Remote. The WiiU-specific controllers are the Gamepad and the new Pro Controller (which is amazing, btw).

If you buy a new Wii Remote a lot of the newer models come with the Wii Motion Plus already built in, and will say so right on the box. Here is an example, as you can see under the "Wii" title it says "Wii motion plus INSIDE". Also notice it is called a "Wii Remote PLUS", this means that it has the motion plus built in. Then just buy a nunchuk and enjoy.
    Ok, thanks

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of buying the Pro Controller aswell, as I've got quite tiny hands and holding the game pad feels uncomfortable half the time, so just wondering if the controller is smaller, or same size? x

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    I was thinking of buying the Pro Controller aswell, as I've got quite tiny hands and holding the game pad feels uncomfortable half the time, so just wondering if the controller is smaller, or same size? x
    I have the pro controller. Its much smaller than the pad but still quite big. Maybe as an xbox controller. But fits perfect in my hands. Totally worth it. I the pro controller for everything I can.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the pro controller. Its much smaller than the pad but still quite big. Maybe as an xbox controller. But fits perfect in my hands. Totally worth it. I the pro controller for everything I can.
    Never owned a Xbox so don't know, is it more like a Gamecube sized controller?? :3

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    Never owned a Xbox so don't know, is it more like a Gamecube sized controller?? :3
    Not sure. Its like 10 years or so I held a GC controller. Its maybe a bit wider or the same as a PS3 controller but its quite a bit thicker.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure. Its like 10 years or so I held a GC controller. Its maybe a bit wider or the same as a PS3 controller but its quite a bit thicker.
    Ah okay, that should be fine. Thankyoo! :3

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

I've compared sizes between the Xbox 360 pad and the pro controller, they are almost (if not exactly) the same size.

i recently got a wii u and im enjoying it a lot but I want to transfer my wii date to my wii u. i know i won't be able to copy smash bros back into the sd but will I be able to copy the save files back onto my SD and put them back into my old wii when i have completed the transfer?
    Last edited by warlockblood; 2014-07-13 at 01:36 PM.

The transfer is permanent. If you copy the data to the SD and put it onto the old Wii, the old Wii will likely not recognize it as being registered to it (pretty sure the Wii uses a system where the save games are linked to your console).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

thats a pity, so there really is no benefit for doing a data transfer only then playing on your wii u instead of wii .

Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    thats a pity, so there really is no benefit for doing a data transfer only then playing on your wii u instead of wii .
    But there totally is, and it's this!

Nintendo has the best loading screens ever.

so apart from the awesome pikmen there really is no benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    so apart from the awesome pikmen there really is no benefit.
    Well, your Wii data transfers to the Wii U...but I really don't know since I don't have either console : /