Elemental shaman vs Monk (video!) MoP Beta

Hey guys i started off a series today, where i am going to duel each and every popular pvp class and discuss their mechanics and methods of beating them, primarily go give shamans some knowledge and confidence going into mop!

I want to say thankyou for the continued support from the shaman MMO community they motivate me massively to get footage and share my views with everyone.

Firstly ive done a video vs Windwalker Monk, feel free to check it out if you have some free time, would be interested to hear your views on ele vs monk , be sure to let me know feedback on the situation and what you would like to see next, if enough people from MMO welcome it then i will make more videos and post them here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbjndFwNUj0

I feel like elemental is much better after the patch, especially with the 4set bonus and resilience change.

How are other shamans finding it so far?
    Last edited by Octohoof; 2012-07-30 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That monk did like zero damage to the Shaman though...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    That monk did like zero damage to the Shaman though...
    Didnt realise it was to quite the extent that you pointed out, but watching it again i agree. I'd say its down to the over-buff of resilience, its way too high, and healing is currently too high. Im still glad it showed mechanics properly though and gave people information

Man that new lower CD thunderstorm, seems too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    I think its perfect, considering all the new gap closers in mists, a lot more melee classes have gap closers. Monks have 4 gap closers, warriors have about the same, DK's have their new 4set bonus + glyph. Its actually vey balanced, this video wasnt the best example of how good the balance is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

it is funny that blizzard increases the number of gap closers but also allows ranges to get a gap again more often...

I hope you can challenge a real competitor to get an idea if 1vs1 against a melee is really better now. I often got so much dmg that I couldn't heal myself (got interrupted or healed like nothing) where the melees had to much passive heal which I couldn't interrupt and so in the end I died...

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    it is funny that blizzard increases the number of gap closers but also allows ranges to get a gap again more often...

I hope you can challenge a real competitor to get an idea if 1vs1 against a melee is really better now. I often got so much dmg that I couldn't heal myself (got interrupted or healed like nothing) where the melees had to much passive heal which I couldn't interrupt and so in the end I died...
    I will duel a warrior when Second Wind gets fixed, ill probably do a death knight video this week.

good luck for that

Deleted
    The new cd of thunderstorm is amazing <3

Been dueling outside org for a while and my 2 cents on this... Most melee classes are a joke for ele shaman right now... Just dueled a decent rogue for a while and not once did he drop me below 50%. Healing stream/Helaing Tide totem + stone bluwark = a GODSEND. Warriors with 2nd wind are broken, monks are funny, and feral druids just dont have the ability to stay on us with freezing frost shock :P

Granted the resil change did help us a LOT i still got almost globaled by a hunter with his "call all pets form the stable" thing. Warlocks arent too terribly bad still, again our healing stream/healing tide + stone bluwark are beyond amazing. I dont have the computer to do videos but i think shaman are in a very good spot for PVP right now. (On live a rogue could blow his cooldowns on me and i would be dead in 10 secs, now i stand a chance and they actually have to use some skill)

Ele PVP on beta is so much fun

*Edit* Ret pallys that know what they re doing just make me cry. SO many freedoms + a judgement that ALWAYS makes us run 50% slower + instant heals + damage reduction on short cooldown + complete invulnerability. These are giving me the most problem and i HATE them. Its that fucking absorb shield on a 6 sec cooldown + the infinite mana *sigh* i could rant all day about these broken pricks but i wont
    Last edited by Chaosbubba; 2012-08-02 at 06:27 AM.

How many blizzard employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, its working as intended!

the fact that monk wasn't hitting your capacitor totem still makes me laugh.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;