Deleted

Getting a new graphics card, need help.

Hi, I've been sticking with a 6750 for half a year now and I feel that I need to upgrade now. My budget is around £135-200 but I don't know exactly what to buy since I'm not up to speed with the newest generation of cards (6xx and 7xxx).

So, which cards do you recommend? I'm kind of an Nvidia fan but I can go with ATI. Should I get one from the new generation or are those too expensive? (I heard that 660Ti is coming out in August).

Also, I need something that my 500W can handle, I've heard that a 560 Ti is the highest it goes.

<-- I live in Sweden btw.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With that budget i suggest an AMD probably a 7850 I don't know the money conversion. If you can't get that then a 6950 or 6870 would be good.

Deleted
    7850 definetly looks good. Same price as the 560 Ti but takes less power and more powerful.

The GTX 660 Ti will be too expensive for your intended price.
    http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku...6-284FB69F5D76

You should have no problems running it from your current PSU.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Yeah, I noticed that. Probably getting the 7850. Which brand should I be looking at? MSI, Asus, Sapphire? Does 1/2GB make a difference? Will my computer be able to max most games with it?

Any brand, VRAM won't matter unless you are going to game >1080p, where the processing power will be the limit rather than the VRAM bandwidth and amount anyway.

As for maxing most games, yes. Yes, it will. Recent games and upcoming games only? Tough, but it will be doing it to all but the heaviest ones.
    &nbsp;

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    XFX is what I have and its been really good. MSI and ASUS is the other two cards I was looking at ASAS was out at newegg so I ended up getting the XFX.

The gigabyte Windforce cooler is also very good. Make sure you have a case with good airflow if you get one with a custom cooler, as they (all) exhaust into the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The gigabyte Windforce cooler is also very good. Make sure you have a case with good airflow if you get one with a custom cooler, as they (all) exhaust into the case.
    Getting the XFX one. I assume my NZXT Phantom has good enough cooling.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 01:31 AM ----------

I'm also planning to get another 24 inch monitor in a couple of months for web surfing and stuff. I assume it's all compatible?

Oh, and for what it's worth.
    Seeing as you have a 408w PSU (despite them calling it a 500w), I wouldn't run two of them. I'm not thinking you will, but just saying.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Oh, and for what it's worth.
    Seeing as you have a 408w PSU (despite them calling it a 500w), I wouldn't run two of them. I'm not thinking you will, but just saying.
    That's too bad, I've always wanted two monitors..

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    That's too bad, I've always wanted two monitors..
    He was talking about using two graphics cards, not two monitors. The computer's PSU has no bearing on the amount of monitors you use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    He was talking about using two graphics cards, not two monitors. The computer's PSU has no bearing on the amount of monitors you use.
    Oh, that's great then. 2 of them with that PSU ain't gon' happen. xD

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 06:04 AM ----------

I'd like to overclock the card aswell, what are some safe number to take it too without too much energy consumtion/heat?