Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

why does vegetables taste horrible?

Everything that is important to our body tastes divine like sweets, fatty, salty food. While foods that are poisonous tastes bitter to us. So, why then good foods like vegetables that our body needs tastes like crap? should not it be opposite? Fruits are also good for us and they taste great. why the vegetable only tastes like that?

Speak for yourself, man. Vegetables taste awesome.

Because Mother Nature hates us.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Don't taste bad to me, I like most vegetables. Different people like different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Word to mother.

Try eating organic fruit and vegetables, that might change your mind.

Deleted
    Because they are in fact not healthy at all! Stay away from them or you'll regret it.

Maybe it's just you, I like vegetables.

We just find sugar more appealing, perhaps due to its quicker benefit.
    Does not mean something else is horrible.
    Less appealing does not equal unappealing.

Once you have grown up through your adolescent years people should try all the things they hated as kids as your taste buds mature and several types of foods, generally vegetables no longer taste bitter. This happened for me with a range of vegetables.

p.s. this has nothing to do with organic foods and a lot to do with actual science.

Deleted
    I like almost all vegetables short of sprouts... and I hate the taste of fatty salty food. I do wish that chocolate and candy was as good for you as vegetables though

Deleted
    Everything that is important to our body tastes divine like sweets, fatty, salty food. While foods that are poisonous tastes bitter to us. So, why then good foods like vegetables that our body needs tastes like crap? should not it be opposite? Fruits are also good for us and they taste great. why the vegetable only tastes like that?
    I don't dislike Vegetables and neither do a lot of other people, there are some vegetables I like and some I don't, for example I love Broccoli and Carrots but I hate Sprouts but there are also fruits I like and some I don't, for example I love Watermelon and Apples but I dislike Tomato's.

Fruits taste sweeter than Vegetables so it seems to me like you just like sweet food in which case you were bought more up on it which isn't really a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    you're not cooking them right. go learn it from a trainer!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I agree with the paladin that is bad and goes by the name Badpaladin.

I f***ing love me some veggies!

Saute up some mushrooms with garlic powder and a good Sicilian blend of spices and herbs, then toss in a decent amount of pine nuts, get everything sauteed up a good amount, then toss in some spinach and stir it around. All throughout, incorporate more of the blend, more garlic powder, black pepper, and towards the end, toss in some chopped up red spicy pepper (McCormick's).

Fucking DELICIOUS!!!

I'm going to get some onion incorporated as well. Had onion with pine nuts and spinach, was also amazing!

I also love bell peppers, and they are just BEGGING you to put in amazing stuffing. Whether it be cheese, some turkey stuff, whatever it is, AMAZING.

Cabbage/Romaine leaves? Perfect to replace a burger bun with if you're dieting and want to remove a chunk of carbs.

Only veggie I could really say I *don't* care for much, and usually just on its own, is the tomato.

I also find that I dislike/get sick of more fruits quicker than veggies. Raspberries and blueberries are just cross, same with cranberries. bleh. I quickly get sick of the tasking effort of eating an apple, too. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Sugar: Addictive. It tastes great because you want it to. Sugar grants a minor high, the so-called 'sugar kick/high,' and the amount we use in everyday life is enough to warrant us the title of addicts.
    Carbs: A lot like sugar (since sugar is, of course, a carb). Carbs have 'easy' flavours with no depth.
    Salt: A flavour 'enhancer,' salt ruins your taste-buds and enhances only the obvious flavours anyway. Using salt will result in an inability to taste the more subtle flavours.

Basically: Vegetables don't taste bad, OP. The problem is all you. If you want veggies to taste good (even great), you can do two things:
    A: Start eating healthier, and more complex flavours.
    B: Kick the carb-salt addiction.

I can eat carrots raw... and they taste super good.

potatoes doesnt taste good raw...

Deleted
    Only veggie I could really say I *don't* care for much, and usually just on its own, is the tomato.
    Tomato is a fruit :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how you cook it but some are so bad that most people hate them no matter how they are cooked brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and asparagus for example.

Deleted
    I love my vegetables nothing can beat a sallad with some vegeta spice on it (no not dragonball related in anyway) in a meal or just by itself its just amazing heck its even amazing without the spice.
    So its just you OP.

However i do have a problem on to sugary things i just cant eat or drink stuff with to much sugar in tastes bad so i dont eat candy anymore and havent for the last 8 years.

Try cooking them properly and you might change your mind