Need help with Steam.

Hello guys, came here to ask about some help for a game i got on Steam.

I got a game called football manager 2012, now this isnt for me, its for my son. And i cant get it running for him, i downloaded it through Steam.

Problem is, its installed, and when i try launch it, nothing happens. And then it will either say 'Steam is running in another users session' or 'this game is already running' something like that. But we have no more users or anything on this computer, So im stuck. Any help?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orclin View Post
    Hello guys, came here to ask about some help for a game i got on Steam.

I got a game called football manager 2012, now this isnt for me, its for my son. And i cant get it running for him, i downloaded it through Steam.

Problem is, its installed, and when i try launch it, nothing happens. And then it will either say 'Steam is running in another users session' or 'this game is already running' something like that. But we have no more users or anything on this computer, So im stuck. Any help?

Thanks
    Check the processes would be my guess, I could be wrong.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Check the processes would be my guess, I could be wrong.
    Aye, you mean by going into task manager and what not? Under processes i can clearly see its running, but it isnt no where to be seen..

End the process in the task manager (rightclick on the process).
    Then start steam and wait for the login, after that you should be able to start the game.

Try this: open the steam site, and go to library, click on the game and select properties and then "local files" click on the verify integrety of game files. if this does not work, try the steam web site and see if you can get help there. might be a common problem

Close Steam + football manager in task manager the restart steam and try to run the game again, if that fails right click the game in the steam libary click Settings ( i guess its called with the english Steam ) its the last option, then go to the tab called Local files and press *check game-cach ( last option on the tab ) this will check if the game is installed correctly

Hope you can find it ... using Danish Steam enterface here so not 100% sure what the stuff is called on the english version ... good luck, it is a awsome game.

Edit: Critterkiller did type faster then me and likely better

Iv tried all that, im gonna reinstall steam + the game. And see if that helps, if not, screw it ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    try closing steam and then opening it as admin(right click on Steam and choose run as adminstrator) and see if that fixes anything.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Go to the forums on Steams website (there's a link from the gamers launcher window that takes you to the forum directory) and see if there are any threads from people who have similar problems. Every game that's given me any trouble has had a thread with fixes for the problem on the first page of the games Steam forum, so that's your best bet.