10+ Year Old Account

Two shadow priest questions.

Hello there.

Just returning back to my priest and getting ready for MoP but got some questions i needa ask first.

1. With the current 4-set. While on a boss fight, when i cast Fiend should i always just spam MS and MB untill the pet dies? Or should i just continue the normal rotation with full dots.

2. Also i'm getting my professions ready for MoP and just wanting to replace herbing, not sure what i want to replace it with? I got enchanting so i was thinking either JC or Eng.. What do you guys reckon for a dps improvement?

Thanks for reading and thank you to the answers

Deleted
    1) yes

2) eng, but enchanting is fine.

both answers will likely change in under 2 months

1. Check out this in depth analysis on how to utilize the four set bonus effectively from HowtoPriest. There are a few different rotation choices depending on your playstyle and the fight.

2. Professions are all very similar in the base stat bonuses they award, so really it's more of a personal preference now. Blizzard has done a good job making them almost equivalent as long as it's a non-gathering profession. I would look at what professions you are lacking across toons (if you have more than your priest). That being said....if you don't have anyone with inscription, I would highly recommend going scribe for at least the first few tiers of MoP. It is going to be the must have profession for awhile. You will also be able to farm all the herbs needed before dropping it to level inscription.