10+ Year Old Account

You have 2 days left to reserve your GW1 character name

From the earlier ArenaNet blog post
    If you’re a Guild Wars player who wants to use your character names in Guild Wars 2, now is the time to stake your claim. It’s easy—all you have to do is log in to your Guild Wars account to reserve all your character names. But don’t delay—the deadline for name reservation is July 31.

We’re building our Guild Wars 2 name reservation list on July 31. We’re only reserving character names from active Guild Wars accounts, which is why you’ll need to log in at least once in 2012 before we build the list in order to be considered an active Guild Wars player.

However, as we mentioned in a previous blog post, your Guild Wars character names will not be reserved indefinitely. You must create a Guild Wars 2 character with the same name as your Guild Wars character during the Headstart Access period or on launch day. Shortly after launch, we’ll free up all the unclaimed names for new Guild Wars 2 players to use.

Don’t wait! Log in to your original Guild Wars account and reserve your character names today!

I hate my GW1 names, plus I have a very goofy name that I want to use in GW2. I'll probably regret it a few months down the road, but who cares :P

Did that this past Thursday. Only made 5 toon names, but figure that's all I'll make anyway (other than possibly bank mules). My GW1 names were all blonde waifs with names starting with Crystal (Melons, Globes, Cleaver, Vyrus, ....) I think I made them a little more creative this time and ready to name all 5 on the 25th:

Sylvari Ranger - Robyn Hew
    Norn Engineer - Krystyl McGyver
    Human Guardian - Serenity Waters
    Human Necro - Cruella Bloodwell
    Asuran Mesmer (male) - Atom Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicWonder View Post
    Did that this past Thursday. Only made 5 toon names, but figure that's all I'll make anyway (other than possibly bank mules). My GW1 names were all blonde waifs with names starting with Crystal (Melons, Globes, Cleaver, Vyrus, ....) I think I made them a little more creative this time and ready to name all 5 on the 25th:

Sylvari Ranger - Robyn Hew
    Norn Engineer - Krystyl McGyver
    Human Guardian - Serenity Waters
    Human Necro - Cruella Bloodwell
    Asuran Mesmer (male) - Atom Vortex
    Just fyi, Asura don't have last names
    Last edited by rhandric; 2012-07-30 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Yeah, I saw that....Neither do/did most cultures. Surnames originated as a need to collect and determine who has/had paid their taxes and/or to identify what people did/do/where they live/....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    I hate my GW1 names, plus I have a very goofy name that I want to use in GW2. I'll probably regret it a few months down the road, but who cares :P
    Yeah, i'm already not using the name in my sig, just wanna see if someone tries to take it lol.