WTH is the point of the BH gear from vendors

OK so i am gearing up my trooper and am looking at the BH stuff.

this is what i currently have
    http://www.torhead.com/item/9o95A4w/...ors-chestguard

this is what i am comparing to
    http://www.torhead.com/item/3LTVxY2/...k-1-chestguard

i lose SO MANY stats in this set. yea i gain the crit and surge. right now i am already at 30% crit which is the cap i am told to reach. the surge i could use but i lose so much aim and thats my MAIN stat.

also i know the mods in the BH gear are REable(thankfuly i just got the schem off chest) but what about the armorings are they REable because the tooltip says no schem avail. i was under the impression that those were too but i could be wrong(wont be the first time lol)

so what IS the point of the BH gear other than a HUGE endurance boost, secondary stat boost that i dont really need and REable mods. BTW this is for trooper gear not sure how other classes are affected.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 02:43 PM ----------

BTW ppl i am not all that good with min maxing so please3 give me some room for newbishness

i just need help gearing to be the best dps i can be for my guildies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

i lose SO MANY stats in this set. yea i gain the crit and surge. right now i am already at 30% crit which is the cap i am told to reach. the surge i could use but i lose so much aim and thats my MAIN stat.

also i know the mods in the BH gear are REable(thankfuly i just got the schem off chest) but what about the armorings are they REable because the tooltip says no schem avail. i was under the impression that those were too but i could be wrong(wont be the first time lol)

so what IS the point of the BH gear other than a HUGE endurance boost, secondary stat boost that i dont really need and REable mods. BTW this is for trooper gear not sure how other classes are affected.

BTW ppl i am not all that good with min maxing so please3 give me some room for newbishness

You lose alot of accuracy too, which for me was good, i found out that i had way too much accuracy from Rakata, blackhole gear seems to reduce accuracy, reduce some aim, but give you alot more secondary stats with Power being the main one followed by surge. At least until you can buff them all up with campaign gear. i hd the same thing to do on my BH, i switched out the two lower mods, but parts such as the legs, and gloves seemed a big upgrade i got them before the chest

you might want to ask Forsedar since hes our resident Mercenary expert, if you playing the mirrior class DPS spec for Trooper he can probbaly be a big help.
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-07-30 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guide would definitely be of help to you! All of the mods/enhancements in my gear are mostly taken from Black Hole pieces. I think the only "stock" piece I am using are my BH Legs, other than that everything was modified.

If you have enough accuracy on a BH...stack Crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    If you have enough accuracy on a BH...stack Crit
    Actually, if you have enough Accuracy, you hit 30% Crit unbuffed and stack power.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

I did the same thing when I started gearing that next tier, but the thing to remember is, don't swap Black Hole (and maybe even Campaign, depending on class/spec) pieces wholesale. You need to pick and choose the armoring/mods/enhancements that will benefit your class/spec.

So, look at the that Black Hole piece, and see if the armoring component has better stats. Now look at the mod, then the enhancement, etc. Mix and match FTW.
    Last edited by obiwannknowlton; 2012-07-30 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwannknowlton View Post
    I did the same thing when I started gearing that next tier, but the thing to remember is, don't swap Black Hole (and maybe even Campaign, depending on class/spec) pieces wholesale. You need to pick and choose the armoring/mods/enhancements that will benefit your class/spec.

So, look at the that Black Hole piece, and see if the armoring component has better stats. Now look at the mod, then the enhancement, etc. Mix and match FTW.
    Yep, this exactly. Between that Rakata and BH piece the OP linked, the only useful mod appears to be the Enhancement (too much aim lost on armoring and mod for a dps). You're probably better off finding a different piece and stealing the mod and enhancement from it for your chest and then popping the armoring into your corresponding Rakata piece (aka if, for example, the BH boots have a sweet crit/surge enhancement and a heavy aim mod and armoring, you would take the mod and enhancement and put them in the piece where it would be the biggest upgrade. Now you're left with the armoring which is locked to boots, so you toss that in your Rakata boots. This is a purely random example though, I don't know that the BH boots have any decent mods in them).

I did this with a couple Sorc pieces and noticed a decent increase in my damage (Lightning spec's guaranteed crits on Thundering Blast went up big time when I boosted my surge from ~100 to ~300)

Deleted
    Precisely this.
    On both my Sage and my Gunslinger I've been getting the same item (think it is gloves, or boots) over and over again for a nice steady 82 power, 57 surge addition.
    Then when everything was 61 modded I started getting the actual gear item, switched the gear armoring with mine, and gave it to my companion.
    So now I'm in 61modded rakata gear, and my companion has mostly blackhole gear with 58mods.

The only problem now is the stupid Campaign gear. I've gotten the campaign chest item, but it is not useful at all. Even the armoring reduces my primary stat, but gives me more endurance... I don't want more endurance, I want more Will/Cunning!
    So I either have the campaign token still in my bank, or I buy the gear item, pay a fortune ripping mods out and sticking them in Orange gear, so I can at least look the way I want to (instead of wearing columi/rakata gear like every other drone), but with a decrease in DPS/healing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Using my sentinel as an example, a lot of the BH stuff/mods have too much endurance/crit on them. Crit is a pretty lousy stat to stack for most classes at present. A combination of campaign and BH gear/mods with high primary stat mods + high power seems to yield the best results, dps wise at least. So mix it up a bit, try to stack power with your mods and try to get your crit from primary stat augments you add to your gear.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

The point of BH gear is to buy it, pull the mods out, and put the best mods from it in all your rakata pieces. For example, my JK bought about 6 pairs of the gloves and used those mods in all my slots.

well you see like most here have said' the BH gear is all about endurance/crit/surge at a cost of our primary stat.

my rakata armoring for example has say 57+ aim with 47 endurance and the rakata mod is also 57+ aim with 47 endurance with a lil crit. the BH pieces drop 10+ aim give 20+ endurance and a good bit o crit. right now i have 73% surge and 34% crit buffed and am under 2k aim and 103% accuracy. so if im basically stat caped(soft i believe) and all the BH seems to do is add more endurance/crit/surge that i dont need what is the point of getting it. I see the need for large endurance for tanks but dps has little need for it if they are smart about it.

the only piece of BH armor i have is the helm cuz it looks badass lol but i just min max and keep most of my rakata which gives higher primary armorings and mods and take the enhancements out from gloves like a guildie showed me.

but hey thats just me

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally used Black Hole pieces to toss into my Rakata gear. With Rakata, you keep your set bonus without having to use Campaign Armorings. That being said, you can grab armorings with +68 of your stat and toss them into your Rakata gear.

I also grab Mods that have lower Mainstat but higher Secondary, since you end up only dropping a little Mainstat for +30ish power/crit which is a better benefit overall.