Sigh Dissapointed from work!

Okay guys I am just goin to vent a little just to get it off my mind. I am currently with this company for 8 months right. And wanted to get into this other position but it was full, finally a position opened up over there I applied for the job and got the job. BEFORE!! the reconstructing as they call it the other employees made $10.50, now that there is reconstructing my pay rate stays the same as it does now which is $8.25. Even though I got the job my pay rate does not go up. I am frustrated and feel like I got shafted because If i would have gotten the job any other time I would be starting at 10.50

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain. Companies right now are cutting costs in every place they can. Right now where I work we can't even transfer to other positions or departments as HR has instituted a transfer/hiring freeze.

Better give your thanks to Mr. President and his healthcare laws. That's why you're not getting a raise.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Sometimes you need to make a lateral move (same pay) or a reduction in pay to get the skills/experience you need to move up in the field you want to move up in. Thats how I would look at this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Better give your thanks to Mr. President and his healthcare laws. That's why you're not getting a raise.
    Dey tuk er jerrbs!

No wait...

Dey tuk er waayyge fer hultcurrr
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA