Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this real? That's garbage. Release all the content at once. If people can do it, let them do it. Don't force them to wait while everyone else gets gear that they need to be able to complete content.

I'll be extremely upset if only 1 raid is released on release. We were told many times there would be 13 Raid bosses and 2 outdoor bosses AVAILABLE on release, yet this isn't at all the case as of right now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    A fine idea. Honestly, it really is a great idea.

its an awesome idea and that's coming from some one that plays in a top20 guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    More Time to relax and explore some new stuff and then raid..... allthough after like 6-7 years of raiding i hadn't planned on raiding straight from the beginning anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Fucking gating. This might be enough for me to just not go out and pay the 80 dollars I was going to on the CE. I have 0 interest in WAITING on content that is already finished. /none/
    You could use that ONE week that the raid is delayed to actually do what they're suggesting; experience the 95% of the expansion that isn't raiding content. If nothing else, then at least to prepare yourself for the raiding by leveling your professions and gather enchants.

But nope, much more constructive to bitch on mmo-champ.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    its an awesome idea and that's coming from some one that plays in a top20 guild.
    But is 2 or 3 weeks enough time to get geared from 2 world bosses and 1 raid, to move onto the next raids being released?

Obviously people going for world first won't like this, but for 99.9% of the population, we know raids on week 1 of an expansion are usually terrible because not everybody is geared or ready.

Really hope they delay the raids a week. Having to level in 12 hours really kills the enjoyment. Not having to do that = fucking super awesome.

This is a very good idea, now if only the would put attunements back in the game.

Terrible idea, why take this away from the ones who enjoy the race factor. Let the casuals take their time and they will get to the content when they get to it. People thinking that a week is going to make a difference to these casual players are very wrong. Most of them won't even get to 90 let alone geared enough to be able to perform in raids.

Ruining the fun of a new expansion for those who want the race - CHECK!

Great job on making yet another awful decision blizzard.

Just when you think Blizzard went nuts and gave us finally 16 bosses, they find a way to gate it and make it available over time lol. Well, it's one way to artificially release "more content faster" I guess.

Interesting part is we'll have 3 world first races instead of 1.

Most people who probably won't like the first week delay is those who wants to rush to get server first and spend tons of gold on crafted stuff to have an edge over the others. Now everybody should be on even grounds when raiding starts. I truly think it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JHartlin View Post
    Terrible idea, why take this away from the ones who enjoy the race factor. Let the casuals take their time and they will get to the content when they get to it. People thinking that a week is going to make a difference to these casual players are very wrong. Most of them won't even get to 90 let alone geared enough to be able to perform in raids.

Ruining the fun of a new expansion for those who want the race - CHECK!

Great job on making yet another awful decision blizzard.
    It's a shit race currently, only favouring those who pull the all nighter to level quickly.

The "race" as you call it, is more fun if everyone gets in at the same time. Level playing field.

They are thinking about ONE week till they release the first raid? Are they kidding?
    That first week was always the best time in the whole expansion. Probably the only week that will be fun this time, but we'll see...

Closing the raids in that time would completely kill the joy of racing to 90, clearing raids in greens, etc. I can't think of a time where I had as much fun as the first cata week. Would have never happened if there weren't raids though

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Interesting, now im really interested if there will be a raid finder of the other 2 raids, or just the vaults?

If there isnt a raid finder for the other 2 bravo blizzard, its about time there was some places extreme casuals couldnt tread.

Before you get your panties in a knot im an extreme casual i dont raid outside of raid finder and Bot currently.

I just feel gear should be epic and desirable and not just because it doesnt have raid finder attached to the name, but because it actually looks different from everyone elses.

Are people seriously annoyed at the 'gating' that number in a low # of weeks? For real? They even give a valid reason for it - but let me guess, the whole post wasn't read.

edit - if world first competitors don't like this change, they must not be interested in the competition at all. What's bad with -slightly-more contenders? It will make your competition more epic.
    Last edited by Stormykitten; 2012-07-30 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to it, the idea of two tiers to begin with sounds interesting.

If there isnt a raid finder for the other 2 bravo blizzard, its about time there was some places extreme casuals couldnt tread.
    Of course not. They already stated that every raid out there would be available as a LFR version. I'm not sure about that celestial dragon encounter though, sounds like an algalon/sinestra pendant to me.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-07-30 at 05:51 PM.

For those thinking that gated content is bad, hey, that's your opinion, but gated progression is much more efficient than what we had in Dragon Soul.

Are you sick of running the same 8 bosses every week now?

Wouldn't you be happier running the same 8 bosses if they gated off the second half of Dragon Soul for the first few months? Gated content is a way to give everyone time to get to the same standpoint. Wait for more people to cross the finish line instead of worrying about your own World First.

What's wrong? U mad? U mad that there's now going to be more competition now that content is gated? That skill alone isn't going to save your ass that shiny new title? You should be mad. You should be scared. Welcome to the new world order, raiders.
    Last edited by Thessalor; 2012-07-30 at 05:53 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    It's a shit race currently, only favouring those who pull the all nighter to level quickly.

The "race" as you call it, is more fun if everyone gets in at the same time. Level playing field.
    The game launches at the exact same time world-wide. I'm fairly sure this is everyone having a level playing field.

The race involves more than just killing the bosses. The race involves leveling, dungeon grinding, LFR grinding (if available), reputation grinding and any other things involved to maximize your chance of winning.

If people aren't willing to do everything required to be competitive in the race, that's fine. The game isn't a race, but to a group of players (hardcore raiders), that's what the game is about; with this change, the game isn't really a race anymore. It's just, who can kill the bosses first, which takes away a lot of the prestige of it all.

A lot of top guilds have already spent a bunch of time planning out things such as, "How can we level as quickly as possible" and set up plans to get the best enchants available really quickly, how to level their professions quick enough, they're organized groups for dungeon grinding, and probably made plans with other guilds to run LFR together to get the most loot for their raiders in the most efficient manner.

All of this is basically a moot point with the gating.

I'm just happy the game is coming out.

really guys.. its only 1 week.... the first week of the new expansion will probably be full of bugs, heavy traffic and people will still take 1 week to lvl.