Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    How does the game match you with other players?

    OK... so I know the game attempts to match you with players of similar skill level. After hitting 30, trying ranked/draft/rated I have also come to the conclusion that it also matches new players with feeders/AFK's and people who do not know anything about the game. I am asking if the latter has any truth, because I am now at 107 wins/952 losses since I started playing and this is mainly due to the aforementioned AFK/feeders ect. Most of my wins are from playing with RL friends, I do poorly in those games due to my friends being 1600+ rated, but what I learn there helps me in randoms. The problem is even if I am better than all of the enemy team there is no way from me to win the game solo....

    9 games out of 10 I play are either a loss due to someone not playing at all, or loosing their lane 5/0 by 15 min.... I just need to know if it gets better if you get to a certain win number or am I just really unlucky with teams? Even when I tried ranked I went 1/7 so far just because of AFK, or people calling a role and not doing it, we had an Annie that bought nothing bot dorans and spend the whole game in the jungle after calling top... and a Malph who called jungle and would smite a wolf every 90 sec, using the rest of the time to use /all chat to tell the enemy team what we were doing/calling us bad.

    To make a long story short, is there some magical win number or anything I need to do to get matched with a team that can actually play short of only playing 1-2 games a week with IRL friends?
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-07-30 at 05:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    I am now at 107 wins/952 losses since I started playing and this is mainly due to the aforementioned AFK/feeders
    I highly doubt this is because other people on your team. The reason you get matched with people who are bad is because from the stats right here, you are not good. Your best bet is to make a new account and not be bad.
    Last edited by Aralevara; 2012-07-30 at 05:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Yeah but I usually have a positive score until the team fight stage at which point I fall off hard due to the enemy team being fed/having more players.... There is no way for me to be good if I am always at a disadvantage either in gold, not having a jungler, having a support that likes to autoattack the minion wave ect. Also, if I am matched with players this bad, why does the other team never have this problem.... you would think that at least once the other team would get the AFK or person doing incredibly stupid things.

    Also I made an alt account just to see if it was my win loss ratio that was matching me with terrible players, it was not... my alt account is now level 7 with 0 wins. It is not because I am bad because like I said I tend to do OK till the other lanes get fed and start roaming ect. I just always get placed on the team that has a severe disadvantage. I am not entirely sure why you are calling me bad for loosing a game that is 4v5 or when the kills are something like 2/25 at 20 min. I really don't see how people leaving or not doing their job is a reflection of my individual skill

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 02:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aralevara View Post
    Your best bet is to make a new account and not be bad.
    On 2nd thought yes, having people afk makes me bad, winning my lane and then falling off because the other 2 lanes failed must make me god awful. Not ganking at level 2 because all lanes are under the enemy tower and with 1-2 CS makes me a bad jungle. Having the only positive score makes me the worst player on the team. /end sarcasm
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-07-30 at 06:07 PM.

  4. #4
    High Overlord Liquephyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    190
    Prime example of how everyone thinks they're good, always looking to externalize blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    After hitting 30, trying ranked/draft/rated
    Maybe you should've tried learning more about the game before doing ranked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    loosing
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

  5. #5
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,600
    If your as good as you say, you should be carrying games at that level. If you aren't then you should look at how you are playing before blaming others. I have games that are total stomps in my favor, or total stomps the opposite way. Shit happens. Then there are the games where your evenly matched with you lane partner, but the rest of the team sucks balls and you weren't able to get ahead enough to carry. Nothing you can do there either. The rest of the games are where you make your mark and show your skill level. Getting fed off your lane, ganking other lanes to keep them from getting too far ahead, then controlling team fights and picking off loners is how you carry. Just winning your lane wont cut it.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  6. #6
    I never said I was really good I would call myself average, but always being on the team with one less person or 2 failed lanes is preventing me from getting better. I have never been in a game that was one sided for the team I was on, and the games I have won were due to being with IRL friends or extreme luck at getting 1 or 2 of the enemy champs alone, and then pushing before they could respawn, most games don't last long enough for me to get to that point though. Even on my alt account I can carry until the enemies get so fed there is no way for me to take on more than one. For example I might get 5-6 kills in the first 20 min, but by the time team fights start it turn into 1, maybe 2 kills for me per fight while they get 3-5 each time, eventually they just get more gold than me and can shut me down. Due to the rest of my team not CS'ing or getting many kills it becomes impossible for me to carry. EDIT: I have started keeping a list of why I have lost games, here is the list between my last 2 wins.


    WIN
    fed mid lane (I was bot)
    fed bot lane (I was top)
    AFK (I was bot)
    intentional feeder, lost mid lane lost other lanes to roaming (I was jungle)
    fed top ( I was jungle)
    no jungle and top pushed lane, got ganked alot so we lost top early then other lanes to roaming and people staying overextended (I was mid)
    no mid lane (I was jungle got stuck trying to hold mid, lost due to many ganks and roaming because their jungle was free to take both jungles and roam)
    no jungle, lost due to enemies roaming ( I was support)
    I was jungle, lost because allies expected low level ganks under enemy towers/were pushing lanes without last hitting alot
    WIN
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-07-30 at 06:59 PM.

  7. #7
    Don't make an excuse, make an effort. (Old saying from somewhere)
    It's a game, from the start you have 50% chance to win and 50% to lose, rest depends on players.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    107 wins/952 losses
    I seriously hope this is a typo.

    If it isn't then you shouldn't be complaining about your team, it's your fault you're losing. I don't even know how it's possible to be this bad.

  9. #9
    OK... its not me being bad, its having only 4 players or trolls on my team. When I play with RL friends I do much better overall. I don't understand why you guys think being at a disadvantage = bad, there is no way for me to carry if its 4v5 or there is an intentional feeder/troll aiding the enemy team. If I get 2-3 kills early, sure I have a lane advantage, but if the enemy team has 15 kills by that point there is no way for me to carry at all. Usually by the team fight stage I either cannot do enough damage to them to secure a kill, or they kill our whole team in 10 seconds. They worst recent game I can recall was an Ez mid who was able to complete his entire build at 25 min with a score of 43/0 and some assists. This was because we had 2 AFK that just sat at the nexus. Once Ex found out about them and that he could one shot them with his ult, he was able to get 2 kills per ult CD. When he came bot at 15ish min I as support, had 2 GP 10 and part of an SR, due to not having assists/being constantly forced to hide behind the tower because it was 2v1. We had no jungle or real mid, seeing as our AD had to take mid and our jungler take top. There was another game that was over by 7 min because we had 3 AFK, me as AD and Amummu jungle, we ended up just letting them win since we could not even cover all 3 lanes. If this kind of game makes me bad then I guess pro just means having a team that actually stays/does not troll.

    In the rare chance that I do get a team of people that know their roles and all 4 other players actually stay then the game goes much better, though we still do not win all of them, at least it is much closer though.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-07-30 at 07:52 PM.

  10. #10
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,192
    I don't understand why you think that never happens to the other team. They will, statistically, get less trolls and leavers than your team based on the simple assumption that*you* not troll or leave, giving them 5 people to be utter retards and your team 4.

    If your W/L ratio is that shit, look at the common factor in those games: you.

    You can not fix the other 4 people in the match, you can fix your play. Feel free to link your play history for some additional tips, though that doesn't always say it all. You could have 100+ CS at 10 minutes in, but still be a detriment to your team by only baiting your team mates to suicide on ganks, burning the mood and flaming them in general. Or throwing up your hands in despair as soon as your team gets a First Blood against them. I've been behind 2/8 and still managed to turn it around. I've also been 2/8 behind and lost with no chance of winning whatsoever. But you can not tell that just from the score.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-07-30 at 07:47 PM.

  11. #11
    So... I can = two players in a 1v2 bot? Or gank properly when the lanes are constantly pushed under towers? The best I can do in these situations is to play defensive at last hit under towers, or try to be near the same lane that is gonna be ganked by the enemy jungler. It is just pretty much every single game I am in has one person leaving or intentionally feeding ect. I don't think I have ever been on the team that had all 5 players be even semi competent. This is probably making it so I cannot learn new strats since I am almost always forced to play defensive, or in a lane that I should not be in, eg support solo bot. The other thing I can think of is maybe since I kept getting placed in unfair matchups that my hidden rating is low enough that it is only placing me with people of a similar rating. If that was the case though I should be able to just roll over the other team. Also the match history thing only shows my stats, not my teams....
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-07-30 at 08:12 PM.

  12. #12
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,192
    Again, you are externalising. Figure out what you can do and don't throw up your hands in despair. Focus on what you can change and not on things outside of your control.

    If you are in such a shithole, don't run support. Grab something where you can load the entire team on your shoulders and carry them to victory. A Soraka is not going to do that.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    OK... 107 wins/952 losses
    I hope this is a typo. You meant 95 loses I hope?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    OK... 107 wins/952 losses
    Like others say here... hope this is a typo.

    Really, sometimes some games can be blamed on trolls/leavers etc..... Sometime you need to look at what your doing wrong as well. I can't believe that all of these losses (going to assume 95 losses instead of 952) are due to that. Do you have LoLReplay. if not get it and in it's setting set it up to record your games in spectator mode. Note the games you did poorly in and review them, nobody's perfect. (146 wins/153 losses here)
    Last edited by lovecraft; 2012-07-30 at 09:15 PM.
    League of Legends Porkchop Express 30 NA

  15. #15
    no 952 is not a typo.... I just keep getting leavers/trolls in almost every game >< Although the game I just played was 43/2 for our team...
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-07-30 at 08:54 PM.

  16. #16
    107 win and 952 looses? WTF? That's just not possible. You get afkers/leaver on your team, but sometimes the same happens on the other team and you get a "free" win.

    If you having these many looses, then I'm afraid you are the problem and you need to improve on epic levels. I have roughly similar winning/loosing ratio with these afkers/feeders/leavers, sometimes I am the problem in me loosing, sometimes I am the factor in me winning, nothing is set in stone.

    Btw, how do you check how many you have won and how many you have lost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Btw, how do you check how many you have won and how many you have lost?

    At the end of a match it will tell you your total wins and losses.
    League of Legends Porkchop Express 30 NA

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Myouren Temple
    Posts
    5,351
    I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that you've lost 9 times as much as you've won games, and still keep playing. Any sane person would have stopped before that...

    Anyhow, if you REALLY lost that many games, it's got to be you. Quite frankly, I don't believe that anyone would get matched with "trolls" and "feeders" THAT often.

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    no 952 is not a typo.... I just keep getting leavers/trolls in almost every game >< Although the game I just played was 43/2 for our team...
    I'm calling bullshit on this. The game aims to get you to a 50/50 win/loss ratio, to get so many losses you would have to be impossibly bad.

  20. #20
    Either the OP is exaggerating or putting us on. In any case, all the info is on the website.

    To wit~ http://na.leagueoflegends.com/learn/...ay/matchmaking

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •