Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    That's my problem with Menino's comments (which I'm assuming were written down because if pronounced verbatim it'd be something like Greh Fling Mer Jop). "Freedom to Disagree" apparently isn't allowed on the Freedom Trail.
    With most major social issues, there comes a pivot point where people who disagree aren't really respected. For example, you'd never see CNN host a "debate" between people arguing over whether blacks and whites should be able to marry. Why? Because the viewpoint that interracial marriage is wrong is no longer held up as a respectable opinion in the way it might have been in the early 20th century. It's no longer a "side" in a "debate". It's now nothing more a fringe viewpoint that isn't given airtime. That pivot point will happen with this issue as well. It's just a matter of time.

Deleted
    It's not about religious valous. It's about rights everyone should have. Just because some group of people do not like gays it doensn't mean LGBT-relationships should be made illegal for their convenience. If I dont like any black 170-175cm marrying white 160-170cm by your logic I should be horribly offended if I'm not allowed to practice it.

Deleted
    The Off-Topic forums rules sticky states that threads concerning matters of sexuality are not allowed on this forum. As sexuality is intrinsically tied to this topic, this thread has to be closed.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-07-30 at 07:33 PM.