Deleted

Buy a new Deathadder or G600?

Hi, I just accidentally cut the wire of my old and faithful Deathadder and now I need a new mouse.

I really liked the deathadder until now and I'm considering getting a new one but I noticed that the G600 was only 100 SEK extra on Webhallen so I'm considering it aswell.

I'm sure I won't use all the 20 buttons on it since I quit wow 6 months ago and not planning to come back but I thought it might still be useful for Guild Wars 2 and future games. Which one has the best buttons? Does it slide good? Are the mouse drivers good?

All in all it does look like a good mouse but I'm mostly worried that it's uncomfortable and so on and looking for some user feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Hi, I just accidentally cut the wire of my old and faithful Deathadder and now I need a new mouse.

I really liked the deathadder until now and I'm considering getting a new one but I noticed that the G600 was only 100 SEK extra on Webhallen so I'm considering it aswell.

I'm sure I won't use all the 20 buttons on it since I quit wow 6 months ago and not planning to come back but I thought it might still be useful for Guild Wars 2 and future games. Which one has the best buttons? Does it slide good? Are the mouse drivers good?

All in all it does look like a good mouse but I'm mostly worried that it's uncomfortable and so on and looking for some user feedback.
    Guild Wars 2 doesn't really have that many things to bind its like 13-14 buttons tops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Guild Wars 2 doesn't really have that many things to bind its like 13-14 buttons tops.
    I know that but I thought I that if it's as or more comfortable than the deathadder I might aswell get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I know that but I thought I that if it's as or more comfortable than the deathadder I might aswell get it.
    Have you looked at g400?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Have you looked at g400?
    I don't really like the curve on the right side of it.

Why dont you... replace the wire?
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Look at the G700
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Razer Naga is the way to go for me at least, I can't bring myself to a non-thumbgrid mouse anymore after the Naga.

The Macros are just too fun to play around with on FPS games for example.

I think you should purchase neither. I was using a DeathAdder for about 2 years before it died on me, and right when I was about to buy a replacement, a friend linked me this mouse.

It's about the same size as the DeathAdder (tiny bit smaller), same amount of buttons, half the price, and I love it. You don't need a Razer mouse.

How did you accidently cut the wire on your mouse lol just wondering. But between the 2 mice you listed Id go with the G600. Its almost double the DPI of the death adder better response time. more buttons. All around better reviews for the g600. Unless you go top of the line Razer most of the lower stuff is garbage. Ive been running a 1st edition Razer Mamba for almost 3 years now and love it. The only crappy part is if i get a spec of dirt on my pad some times it will shift on me because its so sensitive. I used some of the 50-100 dollar razers and they all just seemed shitty as all hell.

Deleted
    For those who are wondering how I cut the cord.

After moving I was removing the bubble wrap from all my computer stuff but I accidentally cut the wire while removing the bubble wrap and the rest is history. (I might have also thrown the mouse at the wall in rage a couple of times)

I just ordered a black G600 and I'll go pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-07-30 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    How did you accidently cut the wire on your mouse lol just wondering. But between the 2 mice you listed Id go with the G600. Its almost double the DPI of the death adder better response time. more buttons. All around better reviews for the g600. Unless you go top of the line Razer most of the lower stuff is garbage. Ive been running a 1st edition Razer Mamba for almost 3 years now and love it. The only crappy part is if i get a spec of dirt on my pad some times it will shift on me because its so sensitive. I used some of the 50-100 dollar razers and they all just seemed shitty as all hell.
    I'm sorry, but DPI doesn't mean shit ... I have my Naga at about 1800 DPI and it's the level I am comfortable with, even though it can go to 5200 DPI.(DPI just means how fast you can set the mouse to be, if you set a mouse to 5200 DPI, you can't operate with it)

DPI might not mean to much to a mmo gamer but it does coming from an a FPS gamer. Other people might not care but my sensitivity needs i like to have a high DPI mouse plus having the capabilities to switch it on the fly. So a g600 is an all around better mouse due to its capabilities. Whether its used or not is another thing.
    Last edited by demonskies; 2012-07-30 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I'm sorry, but DPI doesn't mean shit ... I have my Naga at about 1800 DPI and it's the level I am comfortable with, even though it can go to 5200 DPI.(DPI just means how fast you can set the mouse to be, if you set a mouse to 5200 DPI, you can't operate with it)
    Just because you can't operate a mouse at 5200 DPI doesn't mean that others can't. I run my Naga at 4200 DPI without any issues and I don't see a reason why people can't run it higher, it is just a matter of preference.