Poll: Which Elder Scrolls game did you like the most (Arena and Daggerfall not included)?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

Which do you like more?

Well since I've only played Skyrim, I'm going to go ahead and say Skyrim.

I prefer the combat and skills system of Skyrim, but I love the Oblivion storyline waaaay more than I did Skyrim's story.
    Last edited by Maezura; 2012-07-31 at 04:58 AM.

Morrowind. I really believe its as close to perfect as TES as gotten. I didn't like how small Oblivion felt. And Skyrim felt incomplete(and really kinda rushed). It feels like they've tried to oversimplify more and more in each game.
    Last edited by RollTide; 2012-07-31 at 04:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    all of ehm.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Daggerfall!

Nah, Morrowind then Skyrim then Oblivion. Oblivion just felt... wrong, somehow. Not sure why or how, but oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah tough choice between Skyrim and Oblivion. Gonna go with Oblivion due to it having an expansion centered around Sheogorath.

Morrowind is the creme of the crop here. Skyrim was decently close, and both where quite a bit beter then Oblivion. Morrowind was a lot about the old school choice - there where more options in almost every field, but it came at the cost of the newer idea of convenience. If Morrowind had the conveniences of the later two (Fast traveling, etc.) Or Oblivion/Skyrim had the grater choice of Morrowind (Advanced spellcrafting, more skills) then that would be the ultimate TES.

I also dislike the (more) realistic physics of Oblivion/Skyrim. I loved decorating my house In Morrowind, and I loved how it worked. It is impossible to do anything fancy in the later two, and even putting a sword on a table will probably end with it on the floor eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Maezura View Post
    I prefer the combat and skills system of Skyrim, but I love the Oblivion storyline waaaay more than I did Skyrim's story.
    This more or less.

Skyrim's story was too short and generic.

Skyrim. Morrowind is very close however but to me it felt like Skyrim takes alot of the good sides from Oblivion and Morrowind together and makes the best out of what they had. There where a few flaws. For example Morriwind had much more variety when it comes to locations but still... Oblivion seemed quite like a Clusterfuck to me. I liked the Story and it was told much better then Skyrim did tell the Anduin-Line, but Oblivion always felt like it wasnt thoughtout and i never liked the look it had...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Oblivion's stories are far better and I fell in love with the land a lot more than I ever have with Skyrim, most of the time when I play Skyrim I just yearn to cross over the Jerrall mountains and see what's going on in Cyrodiil these days and spend a lot of my time trying to find references or information about Cyrodiil after the Oblivion crisis.

I guess for some you fall in love with the one you play first really, as now I know how Morrowind players feel.
    Last edited by Beasty; 2012-07-31 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    Oblivion's stories are far better and I fell in love with the land a lot more than I ever have with Skyrim, most of the time when I play Skyrim I just yearn to cross over the Jerrall mountains and see what's going on in Cyrodiil these days and spend a lot of my time trying to find references or information about Cyrodiil after the Oblivion crisis.

I guess for some you fall in love with the one you play first really, as now I know how Morrowind players feel.
    I don't just like Oblivion because of nostalgia. Trust me, I enjoyed Skyrim. Just, it doesn't have the storyline, enviroment nor the creativity.

Deleted
    Not played morrowind, but I loved oblivion and skyrim, for some reason though I kinda prefer the feeling of skyrim, and I played it a lot more than oblivion (probably due to me having more free time around skyrim's release).

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim for me. Morrowind is a very close second. Oblivion was just fecal matter imo.

Deleted
    Morrowind, it had a longer story then the other 2. Oblivion, it was ok, Skyrim, brilliant graphics, combats system, but the story was way too short.

I liked oblivion by far the best, mainly because of the make your own spell system <.< Skyrim was just meh unmodded.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I liked oblivion by far the best, mainly because of the make your own spell system <.< Skyrim was just meh unmodded.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Oblivions spell creation system had NOTHING on Morrowinds'. Want to fly at all times and fire giant fireballs that to the same damage as hitting someone with the Sun? You can do it in Morrowind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are Arena and Daggerfall? Anyway, there's already exactly the same thread.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I think Morrowind just has the rose tinted glasses phenomenon. I know Oblivion had much better quests, and NPC flavor. Skyrim was a bet meh and forced. AND oblivion had Patrick Stewart....cmon.

I picked Oblivion. Might have to play morrowind again just to make sure though.
    Last edited by reikoshea; 2012-07-31 at 07:46 AM.

Gonna have to say Other and go with Daggerfall, first rpg i ever played.........HAULT!