Poll: Which Elder Scrolls game did you like the most (Arena and Daggerfall not included)?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the correct answer to this is 'the user generated plugins'.

Seriously, I didn't even really play Skyrim until like six months in when a huge slew of mods were out for it. Same with Oblivion and Morrowind.These games are MADE by the user made content for them. I wouldn't have it any other way.

i have about 600 hours of morrowind gametime. i still play it today, ten years later.
    i have about 250 hours of oblivion gametime. last time i played it was last november, just before skyrim came out.
    i have about 70 hours of skyrim gametime. last time i played it was january, two months after its release.
    my preference is abundantly obvious

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not oblivion. But between Morrowind and Skyrim I think it is going to be Skyrim. Not that many people that played Skyrim know about Morrowind.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion

So much fun in Morrowind once I finally got my character set the way I wanted it; it was the sole reason I bought an X-Box.

If it weren't for SWTOR, I'd probably still be playing Skyrim. Still have a lot to accomplish, but I'm happy with where I ended up.

I'm not sure where I stopped in Oblivion; if I finished the main storyline, the DLC stuff, or what.

If I'd been playing them on PC, it probably would've been a different story, but it was X-Box for Morrowind, PS3 for Oblivion & Skyrim.
    Last edited by mstieler; 2012-07-31 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    Shivering Isles > Skyrim > Vanilla Oblivion > Morrowind for me.

Maybe I would have liked Morrowind more if I was playing games when it was released. However, I was not and can't really get into old games. I played through Morrowind once just to see what it was about and having to read the text instead of voice dialogue, no AI, bad graphics etc. really bothered me so I couldn't get into it much.
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-07-31 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim..i can't stand any other elder scroll game...when oblivion came out my friends all told me to play oblivion as it was amazing...i got bored right after escaping the jail at the start -.-

Skyrim on the other hand is a great game, i've completed all the quests i could find, explored every area, got all the masks, all trade skills up etc and i still want more..i have no idea whats so different between oblivion and skyrim but i like it :S

Deleted
    Skyrim is prettier and has better combat but the factions ... the factions are horrible
    SPOILER:
    All of them end with a 'grand' betrayal, every single one of them has the EXACT same ending.

Oblivion on the other hand , had great factions ... especially the dark brotherhood, I played oblivion A LOT and never finished the main story , instead
    I went through the dark brotherhood again and again.

Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim is boring ... extremely boring , you go to X and murder Y ... no sneakiness, poison, waiting required at all

i played them all, i think i prefer a modded skyrim to the others. morrowind was a great game, really has stood the test of time with mods, but i dunno, it felt big but empty. oblivion was a great game too but i just personally hated the oblivion realms, i'm usually NOT into snow/drab settings, hated wotlk because of it, but i love skyrim

Skyrim hands down, its the least dated, but still some really uninspiring combat..

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played Morrowind but I prefer Skyrim to Oblivion.
    Putin khuliyo

morrowind>skyrim>>>>>>>>>>>>oblivion
    (seriously get the great overhaul and morrowind is (near) perfect)

Morrowind will always be special to me, spent so many hours on that game. All 3 is good, but i would rate them Morrowind---Oblivion-Skyrim.

Why's everyone love Skyrim so much? It had no character. It was vikings and dragons. Ooooo how original. The only thing original was the dragon shouts and even those were lame.

Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    Skyrim is prettier and has better combat but the factions ... the factions are horrible
    SPOILER:
    All of them end with a 'grand' betrayal, every single one of them has the EXACT same ending.

Oblivion on the other hand , had great factions ... especially the dark brotherhood, I played oblivion A LOT and never finished the main story , instead
    I went through the dark brotherhood again and again.

Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim is boring ... extremely boring , you go to X and murder Y ... no sneakiness, poison, waiting required at all
    I played through the Skyrim main quest, what was the betrayal? I cannot remember one. (If it's related to the civil war, don't tell me. I'll get back to Skyrim right before Elder Scrolls 6 comes out. lol)

Deleted
    I haven't played Skyrim that much but i played Oblivion really much. Oblivion has an lovely atmosphere. I get all worm inside when thinking back when i played Oblivion 24/7.

VOTE: Oblivion

Morrowind over all. The story was better, the factions were better, the spellcrafting was fun as hell, there was so much more you could do in that game than in either Oblivion or Skyrim. It was just more fun than the other elder scrolls games. It get's a lot of crap about it's combat system, but anyone who doesn't know how to level up their skills were doomed to fail anyway. Oblivion by far was the worst of the three, the story was balls, and the game in general was bad.

p.s. Bugging your walking speed to 9000 and running across the continent in seconds was the best.
    Last edited by kynthrus; 2012-07-31 at 09:18 PM.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

OP why are you making this thread again?

Here's a link to his first thread which he made NOT ONE MONTH AGO: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Scrolls-games

can we have a moderator close this please?
    Last edited by Tuma; 2012-07-31 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never played Morrowind, but between Skyrim and Oblivion, I'd definitely say Skyrim.

I've only truly played Skyrim, and Morrowind is just way too outdated to be playable by me anymore.

Deleted
    Depends on what you like,

Morrowind had really interesting cities, each one different from the other one...some looked really alien.
    Oblivion and Skyrim mostly had just human cities, one in the snow, one in the grass etc. It's way more generic.

Morrowind had way more skills etc., but it's a bit more clunky.

Deleted
    Hmm, tough decision.

I liked Oblivion and Skyrim a lot. However Skyrim seemed a bit rushed.
    Then again, I played Oblivion for the first time with all the expansions and extras.
    So comparing Skyrim to that isn't entirely fair, Skyrim still has lots of room for improvement and more fun with expansions.

Morrowind is trickier to rate for me as I haven't finished the game and I only started playing it after the other two games.
    It's harder to get into because it's outdated by now. But I think if I had played it back then I would have loved it more than the others.