Poll: Which Elder Scrolls game did you like the most (Arena and Daggerfall not included)?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Daggerfall!

Nah, Morrowind then Skyrim then Oblivion. Oblivion just felt... wrong, somehow. Not sure why or how, but oh well.
    This. I finished Morrowind, but I never finished Oblivion. It just felt off or something, never could quite put my finger on it. Skyrim, while I haven't finished it, I'm having so much fun in it, it definitely tops Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Oblivion Imo, Morrowind i could never get into, i would sit in balmora, steal a fuck load of items and still miss 90% of my weapon strikes (was a complete noob when i played it) Oblivion was fun though, good story, shitty Elder scrolls combat, lots of freedom. Skyrim was meh, the story was boring but the roars were sick. Without the boons skyrim wouldn't be close to oblivion but it added a huge part to the game that i liked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to sound like some nostalgic hipster here, but Morrowind by far. There's just no contest.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    At is time, Morrowind>Skyrim>Oblivion. Today, Skyrim>Morrowind/Oblivion. Haven't tried the first 2.

Skyrim was tailored to the lower common denominator, which was a major reason of why it was so successful and broke into the Mainstream. I will stick by Morrowind however, as for me it had the perfect amount of depth in its gameplay. Sure the combat wasn't very good, but I haven't seen too much of an improvement with Skyrim other than an increase of stupid, overly-dramatic melee animations.
    Last edited by Wewlad; 2012-07-31 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing like Fos Roh Dahing a mob off a cliff.
    Putin khuliyo

Skyrim, even tough TES has never been about combat the combat in Skyrim was by far the best. Mostly because combat in the Morrowind and Oblivion was just glorified stats.
    Morrowind was nothing more then playing Excell (The Elder Spreadsheets), as it was very easy to completely ruin your character and a lot of playstyles were completely unviable. You had to do a lot of planning, down to how many times you jumped from a specific building. A problem Oblivion also had but not as severe, but Oblivion also had the god awefull scaling i might add. So much walking around in full Glass armor and getting your ass handed to you by a peasant in rags...

Skyrim can pretty much be played the way you want to, i have played many different styles of characters and have yet to find one that simply doesnt work. As a game its much more approachable.

Problem with Oblivion I had was that I had to max Endurance and Intellect, otherwise I would had too low HP or mana (and it was pretty hard to get +5 each level), Skyrim gave me freedom, I could finaly be mage in heavy armor without brutal penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Skyrim, even tough TES has never been about combat the combat in Skyrim was by far the best. Mostly because combat in the Morrowind and Oblivion was just glorified stats.
    Morrowind was nothing more then playing Excell (The Elder Spreadsheets), as it was very easy to completely ruin your character and a lot of playstyles were completely unviable. You had to do a lot of planning, down to how many times you jumped from a specific building. A problem Oblivion also had but not as severe, but Oblivion also had the god awefull scaling i might add. So much walking around in full Glass armor and getting your ass handed to you by a peasant in rags...

Skyrim can pretty much be played the way you want to, i have played many different styles of characters and have yet to find one that simply doesnt work. As a game its much more approachable.
    Where do you guys get this shit, lol? Ruin your character? For what? We talking some fictitious version of perfection or beating the last boss? I must have cleared that entire game 4 times over without even having the internet to look up "builds" and "stat preferences" and shit like that. (Was very poor when I first got out of highschool, didn't have a computer / net for 9 months or so.)

Counting jumps from buildings? Playing Excell? How many of you people really did this stuff? I'm extremely curious to know. Why would you play a single player, non competitive game with a definitive start and end like math homework? I unlocked every rare weapon and armor in the game, toppled the last boss, led every possible faction, unlocked every alchemy potion, had every spell... and I did it all with a Great Axe wielding, restoration magic specializing warrior.

I'm not very good at brospeak, but this is the part where I write "Come at me bro", right?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

*Makes an account just to respond to this forum*

Oblivion.

Why? Well for starters the characters in Oblivion have much more character. It zooms in so you can see their expression and while every one of them is ugly, they all have a personality and a schedule. The world in oblivion is magical lol I like that it's huge, there's lots of exploring, and it isn't depressing like Skyrim, and well in Morrowind the graphics, you know in comparison don't stand a chance if you don't count the time they were made in. The quests in Oblivion make Skyrims seem REALLY boring and REALLY repetitive. The combat system in Skyrim is way better than Oblivions though... it would be nice to be able to cut peoples heads off in Oblivion. Basically i just don't like the look of Skyrim. Better graphics, worse look. Wars in Skyrim were epic too, but the story and attatchment to the characters in Oblivion blow that out of the water.

Btw. None of this matters because this was my first xbox game which makes me EXTREMELY biased, so yeah my vote goes to Oblivion.

They're all three very solid games, but I'd have to say Skyrim.

Though I really loved the Scroll of Icarian Flight from Morrowind.

Quote Originally Posted by Comma Hawk View Post
    *Makes an account just to respond to this forum*
    In true MMO-Champion tradition, his first post necros a topic that has been dead for half a year.

/golfclap

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... I've played all three.... And, obviously to anyone who's played them, my name came from them because they're just that awesome. Anyway... c: I'd have to say I like Skyrim so far, because the storyline is really, really interesting and I also like dragons, so that's cool. Plus, the effects are amazing and the soundtrack, beautiful.

.... Go Khajiits. <3

Skyrim, Oblivion, and then Morrowmind. Morrowmind wanted to make me punch babies. Oblivion, my first playthrough, I gave up but after a couple of years and taking my time, I really enjoyed it. I just frankly love Skyrim. Probably the whole Norse setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maezura View Post
    I prefer the combat and skills system of Skyrim, but I love the Oblivion storyline waaaay more than I did Skyrim's story.
    Haven't played Morrowind so between Oblivion and Skyrim I'll agree with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Oblivion was my favorite of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Haven't played Morrowind
    You should probably rectify this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you mod the shit graphics wise out of Morrowind, it blows the other two so far out of the water they enter orbit. There are also some rather large mods in Morrowind that more than double/triple the content, going so far as to add additional solstheim sized continents with their own main story. Seriously, you haven't seen the power of the TES modding community till you've seen what they did with Morrowind. I've always felt that the reason you never got those kind of mega-mods in Oblv/Sky was because of the voice acting, people are less inclined to download an addon if it doesnt voice act the new dialoge, and mod developers are naturally hesitant to try and voice them themselves.
    Last edited by Xothic; 2013-01-23 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Morrowind it was the game that got me addicted to the Elder Scrolls games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanith View Post
    Which do you like more?
    To be frank I've not played all 3 games. I got into Elder Scrolls only with Skyrim and I find it hard to imagine a better game than Skyrim. Sure the combat and play style could have used ssome more work but as a "whole" game its simply stunning.

These days its often a common cliche with the old school gamers that graphics isn't everything. But really, the graphics in Skyrim simply take the game to another level. IT feels so real. IT actually feels like you are in the world living and breathing in it.

The view is simply stunning.

However, You can't really compare the 3 games since they are outstanding and amazing in their unique ways and were GOTY in their time. But Skyrim just has so much going for it and I simply love the setting.