Poll: Which one?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Half Life! I just love to run around slapping things with mah crowbar ^^

Fallout would be great. Fallen Earth kinda does it to a degree. But I always thought a instance based Fallout MMO that was a cross between Guild Wars 1 and Stalker would be the ideal evolution of the franchise.

Deleted
    Shooting MMO. Because i've never played Fallout or Half Life...

What's with the sudden rise in people putting MMO on the back of each title?

CoD as an MMO? They'll release MW3 but with the title Call of Duty: Massively Multiplayer Online Warfare Pinkops Modern. Yet people will still buy it.
    Half-life: Don't you dare touch my favourite single player.
    Fallout: Don't even think about it.

Why do people insist that an MMO IS better? It can actually ruin a game.

TBF none
    Halflife 2 is an awesome game and it shouldn't be overshadowed by an mmo that can fail
    Falout although it's not my game it also shouldn't be fecked over by an mmo that can fail
    And well CoD I just dislike anything that has 2 do with it

the only one i could see working is fallout. and then it would have to be an UMMO(UnMassively Multiplayer Online).

having to world go to hell, and there being 50 guys trying to kill the same mutants for a quest just doesnt seem right.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

None of these games would be a good MMO. I can see Activision turning CoD into a very easy casual MMO though :P. The cow still has milk in it

yea they already have this.. its called Borderlands.

CoD. Their Single player Companies are the best.
    I wonder why they didn't go Mass Effect style, persistent character like game play in their games. with morality options.
    Last edited by Gouky; 2012-07-31 at 11:27 PM.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Half-Life Online.
    Humans VS Combine VS Aperture Science's Testing Robots.

Awesome.

Eh...of the three I think fallout might be the most fitting for an MMO, but there are so many MMOs out these days and very few of them are even trying to do anything more than copy pasting WoW into their own IP with (sometimes) fancier graphics. I'd rather see an original IP and original ideas to go along with it.

Which would I want to be ruined? Not everything should be an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    His credibility might be in question, however what he stated is fact. CoD is tailored for people of the lower common denominator who just want to enter in a shooting frenzy with little to no thought.
    What and Wow isnt? DIablo 3 isnt? Dont point out shit about other games that being done to the very games tons of you champion here.

On another note HL isnt mmo material but fallout def is IF its done correctly.

None cant be a MMO, stop trying putting MMO to everything.

SWTOR is the perfect example, it was supposed to be Kotor 3, that much is obvious if you play the first 10 levels, yet they tried to make it a MMO for the money.

Not every franchise can become a MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Not every franchise can become a MMO.
    Every franchise could be an MMO given the proper developer, admittedly they would have to drastically change games like CoD/MW and HL2 to make it work.

That said I'd rather not play any of them as an MMO, having the franchise make the transition to an MMO would likely be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by cyan421 View Post
    not a single of any genre needs to me made into an mmo. The mechanics of forcing to you log in tomorrow or next week to do the same menial tasks over again shouldn't have ever made it into gaming, and shouldn't ruin any other IP's.

Edit: I chose the 4th option
    This sums up my thoughts. I hate that the third KOTOR was turned into an MMO, and I know a ton of people who hated the fact that Warcraft went from an RTS to an MMO. Taking away my distaste for the MMO genre as a whole though, from that list, none of them would work. Fallout would have the best chance I suppose, but it would be weak. Half Life would be even weaker. Story driven games getting turned into an MMO usually have their story ruined in the process. As for CoD, it would only really ever work as an FPS, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    His credibility might be in question, however what he stated is fact. CoD is tailored for people of the lower common denominator who just want to enter in a shooting frenzy with little to no thought.
    Entertainment is entertainment. If people wanted to mentally challenge themselves, they'd play chess, not Role-Playing games.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2012-08-01 at 04:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreeva View Post
    CoD is a horrible game made for the people who label themselves "gamers" and give the rest of us a bad name. So.. definitely not it. Fallout would be fun imo, but I've never played Half Life
    Becomes playing CoD makes you a bad person right? I don't like the CoD genre myself, but I don't feel better than those wo do...to each his own.

Ontopic:

None of those listed could form a MMO with enough content to keep you interested.

None of those. Fallout would benefit from a co-op style play perhaps, with friends. Or maybe a survival game in the Fallout universe. But an MMO, no way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Fallout would be great. Fallen Earth kinda does it to a degree. But I always thought a instance based Fallout MMO that was a cross between Guild Wars 1 and Stalker would be the ideal evolution of the franchise.
    As a guy below said, just make it like Borderlands. I can definitely see a multiplayer Fallout game, but not in the classic "open, persistent world" type.

I think Fallout would work amazingly well if translated into a Borderlands-esque system. However, Fallout's always been about exploration and immersion in the world rather than hunting for loot or killing endless waves of enemies, so it'd be a challenge to maintain that feel, especially in a multiplayer game.

It's important that, in Fallout, you feel alone, as if it's you against the world. You could still translate that into a multiplayer game (now it's you and your two or three friends against the world), but it would be a challenge and if they didn't do it right, it'd completely ruin the game.

Also, Fallout is supposed to be a top-down, third-person game, not a wannabe FPS. It'd be challenging to get people interested in a game with that perspective since first-person and third-person shooters are where the money is these days.

Fallout is also supposed to be turn-based. It needs to go back to being turn-based.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow