Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Fuck, why did they have to go and do this? The exact opposite has been ingrained in most of us since 2004, now it's gonna fuck me up all going back and forth between GW2 and MoP. Good troll Anet
    In wow you toss away everything that isn't purple or orange, in gw2 you toss out anything that isn't an upgrade.

Deleted
    Fuck, why did they have to go and do this? The exact opposite has been ingrained in most of us since 2004, now it's gonna fuck me up all going back and forth between GW2 and MoP. Good troll Anet
    Only if you never played GW1 and only played WoW though. And what's the big deal anyway? Just look at the superior stats and you'll prefer greens over blues within a few days of playing GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they made blue < green, then people would be outraged about how it copies wow etc.
    I think its good they stick to their own plan and not to the 'standart' set by WoW

Deleted
    This kind of thing makes me wish that all gear was white lettered or something

Deleted
    Junk < Common < Fine < Masterwork < Rare < Exotic < Legendary < Mystic

Easy ;P
    It makes more sense as it follows the colour spectrum. Aside from white and grey ofc.
    Last edited by mmocc12e1a6c25; 2012-07-31 at 11:19 AM.

Mystic is not better than Legendary. Mystic is the rarity from items from Mystic chests.

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

greens were like legendarys in original guildwars
    Last edited by Racthoh; 2012-07-31 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People always have to find something to bitch about -.-'
    Arukas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Mystic is not better than Legendary. Mystic is the rarity from items from Mystic chests.
    It is the order of rarity. Not sure where Mystic items stand at the moment so I hung them on at the end. Didn't see any in the BWE and didn't hear of anyone finding any. Same for Exotic and Legendary really, only we actually know the rarity of those.
    Last edited by mmocc12e1a6c25; 2012-07-31 at 12:19 PM.

The person who invented the green and red colours needs to be shot...
    // green/red colourblind person.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2012-07-31 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    ArenaNet follows the colour of the rainbow.

As you can see, green is higher up than blue, then comes yellow, and orange.

Simple. ArenaNet have done it right, and other MMOs have done it wrong to mindfuck you all!

(There are no right and wrong ways, I know :P)
    Last edited by mmoc78d225b3dd; 2012-07-31 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be a issue for me since i wont be playing WoW anymore. But ye , ill prolly get confused for the first days or so.

More fuel to the fire of ppl getting far to caught up in the color of the text of their item. Learn to look at stats and think with gear rather then assuming because somethings name is in one color or another it is better or worse.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Ill get used to the change, and i have to say the rainbow thingy makes more sence then the "old color system"

10+ Year Old Account
    personally I love that ArenaNET gave Blizzard and specifically WoW players the big FU in terms of color schemes for their items

specially when it comes to RED = Legendary and Purple..? well, purple is just...

well played ArenaNET! Well played

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

10+ Year Old Account
    Anet not trolling Blizzard. GW1 had the relatively same system. It's similart to D2 (which O'Brien worked on). Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    blue<green<yellow

all form GW1 got to keep somethings for that game or why even call it GW2
    Greens always had max level stats on them (with a few exceptions), and were pre-determained. Yellows were randomly generated and only had a chance to have max stats. Yellows could be customized where as mostly all greens (again, a few exceptions), could not be.

So I'd say Greens => yellows > purples > blues

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Won't be a issue for me since i wont be playing WoW anymore. But ye , ill prolly get confused for the first days or so.
    Nothing to get confuse about as others have mention just look at the stats and not the color.

So, the people getting confused by colors actualy played the game or only read about it?

Because I was confused about it when reading, but after playing it all felt natural. You will see items with blue colored names everywhere, but it will take a while for you to see a green colored one, and I'm sure you will go like "hey, this item has a different color name".

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really only one response for this, as much as I hate to use it: Deal with it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.