Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can this guy stay? He's hot

Edited cause I misunderstood the blue posting about Brewfest due to the wording. I had questioned the difference in what the blue said and then what everyone else was saying, so, I feel foolish enough.
    Last edited by TristanTaylor; 2012-07-31 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    I still feel if you have a legendary you should be able to show it off, even if you transmog it people will still know you have the legendary. The only time a legendary is even relevant is if you are the level required or if you do the challenge mode where all your stats change to fit the dungeon. Beyond that the only place to show people that you have a legendary is if you run around a city bragging about it(which Im sure is the common way). Also what if you like the looks of the weapon over any other? Well Blizz says that the look of the weapon should stay with that particular weapon cause they dont want everybody running around with the legendary look.
    Don't you have to own the weapon to use it to transmog something? So Blizzard doesn't want you to use a legendary you won in a previous expansion to recolor the weapon you are using now? Sounds rather mean spirited on Blizz's part.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with mogging legendaries is that so many of the older legendaries are pretty easy to get now, and will be even easier to get in Mists of Pandaria. That means that you'll see a lot of people going back and running old content to obtain the legendaries, which means you'll see a lot of people running around with legendaries.

Keep in mind that, generally speaking, people with legendaries don't seem to like seeing other people with legendaries. It "devalues their experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Keep in mind that, generally speaking, people with legendaries don't seem to like seeing other people with legendaries. It "devalues their experience."
    Which in all honesty is one of the stupidest arguments against it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'm trying to avoid knowing too much about Pandaria before I go there, but this concerns me.

Is the questline replacing an old one I'll now never see, or is it slotting in between previous quests/filling in a teleport with an actual event?
    There were some major issues with the Jade Forest questing experience, according to everything I read. It generally was poorly executed. So a few weeks ago Blizzard closed the zone, redid the questlines, and changed some of the geography.

I'm not gay but I WANT EVAN! Can we have him instead of flimsy girls pleeease?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    Which in all honesty is one of the stupidest arguments against it.
    Well, I only ever seem to see two arguments from players with legendaries:

"I want to make my current weapon look like my legendary."

and

"I don't want anyone else's weapons to look like my legendary."

Worse, I'm pretty sure that both arguments are frequently coming from the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by triddent222 View Post
    Can this guy stay? He's hot

Thank God Pico is gone....she's horrible and i haven't watched ANY roundups since you started using her. Please find her another, off camera, position.

I love how the launcher gets progressively worse as time goes on. It's just like WoW in general!

...you would like to enjoy and experience the new areas and content at your own pace, and not feel like you have to rush through things and level up as fast as possible...
    yeah right

Mannoroth's Fury sucks. Period.

How many times did I had to AOE down mobs spread across a room? That is what mutildot is for. I would like to know on which encounter this talent was used, maybe they were just "ZOMG I RAIN FIRE IN TEH ENTIRE ROOM I R BADAS!1

Because usually when a situation calls for AOE we put all the mobs at one spot... I guess not everyone employ that tactic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Oh no, they changed the launcher to an old tidy one.
    My gameplay is ruined.
    Oh no, someone has slagged off an aspect of WoW.
    Must....fight back.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by channing29 View Post
    Thank God Pico is gone....she's horrible and i haven't watched ANY roundups since you started using her. Please find her another, off camera, position.
    I have to agree. That guy (Evan?) was FAR better than Pico at delivering the information in the roundup. I just want information from a "news" video, I don't want retarded facial expressions, arm flailing, or to listen to someone that sounds like they are half drunk, or just don't know how to enunciate properly.

Can we keep Evan? I will watch the weekly roundup every week! and probably multiple times a week!

It was pretty nice being able to watch Curse News for 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I have to agree. That guy (Evan?) was FAR better than Pico at delivering the information in the roundup. I just want information from a "news" video, I don't want retarded facial expressions, arm flailing, or to listen to someone that sounds like they are half drunk, or just don't know how to enunciate properly.
    Funny you should say that because this is one of the first weekly roundups I havent and won't bother watching. Pico is endearing as a host and you can tell she is truly a gamer and gets excited about the new releases. Hopefully she isnt gone or I guess thats the end of the roundup for me. I'll just switch over to G4 for my gaming news.

Quote Originally Posted by daburton View Post
    Funny you should say that because this is one of the first weekly roundups I havent and won't bother watching. Pico is endearing as a host and you can tell she is truly a gamer and gets excited about the new releases. Hopefully she isnt gone or I guess thats the end of the roundup for me. I'll just switch over to G4 for my gaming news.
    Endearing is one word...some would call it annoying. And if you looked you'd know that she's not gone, he's just hosting for one time.

As for the launcher, who cares? I honestly don't even remember what the old design looked like. As long as the "play" button is there, that's all you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    IMO, the first launcher was the prettiest. Loved all the little details on it, shame that they're opting for more and more barebone-looking designs.
    Agreed. The two iterations the launcher has been through haven't come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliell View Post
    Another ugly Launcher... They need to bring back the first one, it was quite nice.
    Well, it's not my preference either, but I wouldn't call it ugly. I'll save that description for the second launcher version.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    First launcher still looks the best, good thing we don't have to look at this for more than a few seconds.

And can anyone clarify this:
    Originally Posted by Mumper (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I've noticed that there is no "Cataclysm Safari" achievement, and that Cataclysm pets are not included in either the "Eastern Kingdoms Safari" or the "Kalimdor Safari" achievements.
    Cataclysm pets are included in the EK and Kalimdor achievements.
    Q: Pets are not included
    A: But they are

I'm confused. Did the player not pay attention or did the CM not understand the question correctly?
    The CM answered correctly. The achievement is based on the continents, not the expansions. All the Cataclysm zones are located in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms. (If I need to clarify further, I would add that Cataclysm had no continent of its own compared to the earlier expansions. Hence, no "Cataclysm Safari" achievement.)

I haven't heard of any problems with the pet lists for the "safari" achievements not including pets located in Cataclysm zones, either.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2012-07-31 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Included Blizzard quote for clarity.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Evan was cool, too bad we won't see him again.