Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Buying a new keyboard and mouse.. need advice.

I have roughly 200-300 eur to spend on them and I'm thinking about going with Razer as I have a Razer Abyssus mouse for around a year now and I'm 100% satisfied with it. Unfortunately I ran out of money when I bought it so could really use the extra buttons.

Anyway, would you recommend buying a Razer keyboard? If yes, then which one?.. I was thinking of buying Marauder but it's designed for SC2 and I don't play it so don't really know.. and Blackwidow is only available with US layout, I'd like a SWE one.

And with mouse, I'm leaning towards buying Razer Mamba? Is it worth the money if everyone has experience with it?

With that budget I would suggest you look at mechanical keyboards, go to a store and have a feel at a bunch of them to try out the different switches. Elgiganten, Webhallen and Mediamarkt all usually have a few keyboards out that you can try.
    I didn't like the Blackwidow at all, MX Blue is not my type of switch and I hear a lot of bad stuff about the quality of Blackwidow as well.

Here is a list of most of the available mechanical keyboards in Sweden http://www.prisjakt.nu/kategori.php?k=v2010.
    Here is a guide with alot of info on mechanical keyboards http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/56-...entbord-guide/.

Deleted
    Thanks, looking it over now

Deleted
    Keyboard-wise I'd like to pop in and suggest a Logitech G13 - it's not a full on keyboard but use that with a mouse and you won't have to touch the keyboard for gaming The advantage is that, instead of having to use awkward buttons on a keyboard (WASD-space-ctrl-etc) that was never designed for gaming you have all the keys you need right under your fingertips and it's much more comfortable. Imho anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoopeh View Post
    Keyboard-wise I'd like to pop in and suggest a Logitech G13 - it's not a full on keyboard but use that with a mouse and you won't have to touch the keyboard for gaming The advantage is that, instead of having to use awkward buttons on a keyboard (WASD-space-ctrl-etc) that was never designed for gaming you have all the keys you need right under your fingertips and it's much more comfortable. Imho anyway.
    How do you type in games when using that? ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoopeh View Post
    Hihi, I've never used WASD anyway, I mostly use arrow keys, del, end pgdn, 1,0 on the numbad and ctrl and shift combined with mouse buttons and wheel.

An added advantage with this is that I can type when moving while playing MMO's for example.
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-07-31 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently purchased a new keyboard and im loving it. I got the Steelseries 6Gv2 (mechanical) and i am LOVING the feel of it.
    As far as my mouse goes, I have been having a Razer Deathadder for a long time and if it quit working today, i would get online and order another one in a heartbeat.

Along with the keyboard i purchased SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset and i have to say, so far I am really impressed with the quality of SteelSeries products. I will be recommending them in the future to friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dPwnShop View Post
    I recently purchased a new keyboard and im loving it. I got the Steelseries 6Gv2 (mechanical) and i am LOVING the feel of it.
    As far as my mouse goes, I have been having a Razer Deathadder for a long time and if it quit working today, i would get online and order another one in a heartbeat.

Along with the keyboard i purchased SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset and i have to say, so far I am really impressed with the quality of SteelSeries products. I will be recommending them in the future to friends.
    Yea, Razer mouses are really good, already ordered Mamba, going to pick it up in an hour. As for the keyboard, I have a hard time picking one. Looked up the Steelseries 6Gv2 as well as some others and they've mostly built durable, which isn't an issue with me (I don't bash my keyboard when I lose, never have). But less force required to push keys, highlights and macros as well as comfort are a huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yea, Razer mouses are really good, already ordered Mamba, going to pick it up in an hour. As for the keyboard, I have a hard time picking one. Looked up the Steelseries 6Gv2 as well as some others and they've mostly built durable, which isn't an issue with me (I don't bash my keyboard when I lose, never have). But less force required to push keys, highlights and macros as well as comfort are a huge plus.
    Sounds like you are leaning towards Cherry MX Red then. Qpad MK-85 and Corsair K90 are good choices with the features you are looking for.

Deleted
    What about Logitech g19 though? Looks a bit fancy and I don't really need that display but if it's otherwise solid..?

Along with what N0cturnal said, you could look into the Steelseries "merc" keyboards- I own the Stealth my self and love it. More often than not, when in a bind like this on keyboards its good to go with one from Logitec in your budget. They have long life (lol at the fact my gen1 g15 still works after all the shit i've put it through-including soda spills) and are very good all rounders for typing and game playing. Not to mention descent customization software that comes with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Along with what N0cturnal said, you could look into the Steelseries "merc" keyboards- I own the Stealth my self and love it. More often than not, when in a bind like this on keyboards its good to go with one from Logitec in your budget. They have long life (lol at the fact my gen1 g15 still works after all the shit i've put it through-including soda spills) and are very good all rounders for typing and game playing. Not to mention descent customization software that comes with it.
    So the Logitech g19 would be a solid choice and would give me everything I'd need?

So the Logitech g19 would be a solid choice and would give me everything I'd need?
    If you want a rubberdome keyboard then yes it is a decent keyboard, probably a bit overpriced for what it offers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    If you want a rubberdome keyboard then yes it is a decent keyboard, probably a bit overpriced for what it offers.
    Rubberdome? I looked up the cherry MX too but it doesn't have the arrow keys in proper place and has a touchpad there instead.

Rubberdome? I looked up the cherry MX too but it doesn't have the arrow keys in proper place and has a touchpad there instead.
    Rubberdome is a type of keyboard (the most used type in cheaper keyboards). When I was talking about Cherry MX Red it was the mechanical switches not one of Cherrys keyboard models. Did you not read the guide on mechanical keyboards I linked?

Deleted
    Rubberdome is a type of keyboard (the most used type in cheaper keyboards). When I was talking about Cherry MX Red it was the mechanical switches not one of Cherrys keyboard models. Did you not read the guide on mechanical keyboards I linked?
    Yea I did, lots of technical things etc. but I know the basics. I think I'll go with Razer Blackwidow though, other keyboards are better in some areas but they also come with unneeded features, or missing things (for example arrow keys and highlights). Have to wait till the Nordic layout ones come in stock again though, they seem to be sold out everywhere around here and I don't feel comfortable ordering online and waiting for delivery.

I'm not sure what keyboards you have found that are missing arrow keys, highlights I can only assume is backlit keys and there is a bunch with that specifically a few that I linked reviews to. It seems that you don't really care to read what I have typed so I will just wish you good luck with your Blackwidow.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what keyboards you have found that are missing arrow keys, highlights I can only assume is backlit keys and there is a bunch with that specifically a few that I linked reviews to. It seems that you don't really care to read what I have typed so I will just wish you good luck with your Blackwidow.
    I actually read it all and watched the videos too. I Think I looked up the wrong model of Cherry MX Red though, the one you were talking about does have the arrow keys in the proper place (sorry). And yes, I was talking about the backlit keys. Haven't decided anything yet as of now. And I'm still looking and watching reviews etc. Only thing I've decided so far is not going with the Steelseries one as it's bulky and robust and doesn't have the features I'm looking for. It's probably a very good keyboard though.

Cherry MX Red is still a switch, not a keyboard.
    http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Red
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-07-31 at 05:25 PM.