Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are many lvl 30 player trolls or just bad?

So taking the advice of other LoL players here on mmo champ now that I am level 30, I have been trying learn new roles, and make enough IP to buy a few champions for each role.

Anyways, since I started yesterday I have yet to win a game due to really, really incompetent teamates and trolls. Example, a few games ago I was going to jungle, and one guy says he wants to, so I go support because it was the only role left. The guy who wanted to jungle picked malph with smite/ghost. At about 2 seconds left he switched to sona with Clarity and Promote... at the same time the other guys all picked supports with useless summoner spells...
    Another game where I was jungling, all 4 other players picked a decent teamcomp, then all switched at 2-3 sec, the proceeded to not lane and take my jungle. When I tried a game as solo top, after having an AP mid, AD carry jungler and support in the game, the support went top, and refused to move, AD and AP both went mid, leaving me in a 1v2 against a leona and tristana as Tryndamere... then complained all game that I lost my lane. Also got a game where 3 people kept suiciding into turrets and giving enemy champions free kills.

Many players also just do not show up to teamfights, or try to 1v5 and then complain that no one was there to help, when they could have waited 10 sec for us to get there... had one jungler try to steal the enemy blue, get killed then rage quit. Also had many people build completely the wrong items... (AD Janna, and AP Caitlyn to name some)

This could go on... basically in the last 15 or so games I have yet to get matched with teamates that actually fight as a team, rather everyone wants to do thier own thing then blame everyone else when we loose.

anyways, sorry for the rant, but I really would like to know if there are any level 30 players that are competent, or can I just expect to loose every game.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-06-28 at 08:51 PM.

Pointless QQ old chap, get a teammate to play some games with, then you know there's someone competent with you.

Best advice I can give is just to stay calm, don't use caps or exclamation marks, nor sound demanding and act as you're the one in charge of the team and they just have to do what you say.

Else shit happens, you get unlucky sometimes.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Add me buddy, I'll play a few games with you,

~ Torroka

Deleted
    what if you find people that tell you that you are the noob while they feed, dont know what other champs ulti does and then have all the team blame at you because they think hes right...

Deleted
    Oh buddy, this is only the beginning.

When you go into ranked, I've never been at an incredibly high elo in solo queue, mainly because I can't carry a team by myself usually. But the people you meet just make you sick at the "gaming community" as it is today.

The amount of abuse which gets thrown around is honestly sickening, they for no reason start fights with players on both teams and flame the entire way through the match.

Then you have intentional feeders - Here's a very common example - AD carry bot lane gives away first blood, he then proceeds to insult his support (usually in caps lock of course) and then tells both teams he will be feeding for the whole game ; TL;DR, Wrecks the game.

Don't forget trolls, especially junglers, I'll never forget the time I was in a match with a Trundle jungler, who switched to Soraka with Surge and Promote with a few seconds left before the match began.

The MOBA game playerbase is horrible, it's generally made up of whiney little bitches who will completely turn on you if you do anything wrong, and kiss your ass if you start to carry.

Oh, and don't forget the guys who go AFK because you "stole a kill" or one of the above situations.

TL;DR - League of Legends, alike other MOBA games has a majority playerbase of assholes, but of course it has it's nice players, but people remember the bad players longer than the nice/good players, more than likely because you meet horrible players so much more often.
    Last edited by mmoc647fe4b30a; 2012-06-28 at 09:15 PM. Reason: (My TL;DR's had become sentiental beings and grown faces - TL:DR

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think about trying this game...then I read stories like this and carry on.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Yeah for some reason many people call jungle then switch to a random support at the last second... dunno why though. Also I just realized that the intentional feeder in my last game was called dildobot666... honestly wtf?
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-06-28 at 09:18 PM.

Games like LoL bring out the worst in the pimply nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by torrok View Post
    Add me buddy, I'll play a few games with you,

~ Torroka
    sent a friend request, under Kremblin89, oh and I do play with IRL friends once in a while, but even then since I only know 2 people who play we usually end up with at least one troll on the team.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-06-28 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The LoL community does really suck at times. I always play with friends when it comes to blind pick/draft. The thing I recommend is just ask around in MMO-Champ for people to play with. If you are in the NA servers go ahead and add me, my summoner name is Trydene ( I can play a pretty decent Janna support/Leona bot, I can do other roles but still trying to work on them lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple fix: Don't play before the schoolkids are in bed. Won't solve all your problems, but I've found it takes away about 80% of the morons. Shame that the summer holidays are starting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duill is right. Playing at like 12pm on weekdays during school is great, some of my best games. Have fun during summer with these kids though.

Its been said a number of times that LoL has the worst gaming community and I would definitely agree with that. Honestly, it seems to be getting worse, when I used to play about a year ago I would still get trolled in ranked/normal, but it was less frequent. Recently I have found playing normal games a complete waste of time as almost every game seems to have someone trolling. Ranked isn't much better, but I found that around 1500 it seemed like things were slightly better -although I have been trolled a ton in that range as well. Obviously if you can queue as premades that makes things so much better, but solo queue can be an exercise in frustration.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the lol community is pretty terrible. not as a whole mind you, but i dont think ive played a normal or co-op vs. ai game that didnt have one negative person in it

15+ Year Old Account
    There are so many bad level 30 players, its absolutely mind-boggling.

Opposing team picked Yorick, our top laner (who demanded top) picks Teemo, ignoring our cries for something different.

At the start of the game, I offer to take top as Morde as Teemo will get destroyed by Yorick. He says he's all set (had the legendary Teemo skin). He proceeded to feed for the next 15 minutes. At the 25:00 mark, he had 70 CS and Yorick was over 200.

GG
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Both.

Simple.. right?

Deleted
    Maybe it's something about your ELO range? I do encounter bad players occasionally, bad games happen to everyone, but I've yet to actually meet a troll in my ~270 normal games (I know that's not a lot, but my hidden ELO can't be too low with ~75% win rate). Some people sucked really, really bad... but they never intentionally screwed up the games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Simple fix: Don't play before the schoolkids are in bed. Won't solve all your problems, but I've found it takes away about 80% of the morons. Shame that the summer holidays are starting.
    Does not work, the worst whinners in western europe are those playing about 1AM, in the time that schoolkids should be sleeping. Guess what? It's probably not the adolescents who are ruining the game.
    ...our top laner (who demanded top) picks Teemo...
    Still better than the "AFK, you guys suck" crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people first hit 30, they may still be learning or adjusting to the meta. I did a lot more stupid things when I first hit 30 compared to now. I have noticed a huge influx of trolls though, and it makes me sad and frustrated. I usually do support, and I can't carry (that often) on support. I'm not that great of a player, but I usually at least TRY to try.

The one and only ranked game I played, I was last pick with another guy. All we needed was support and AD. He picks FKJDSLFJSDUING Volibear, and never tries to communicate with us. I ended up doing promote Teemo out of frustration. I go bot with Lee Sin and I get flamed by my team and theirs, "Promote Teemo OP." Enemy team ended up surrendering at 20 with no real team fight. While it was a fun and memorable ranked game, we would have lost if they'd actually team fought because our Volibear was feeding half the time and AFK the other half. Screw that, too frustrating.

I am curious though: why the sudden influx of trolls? There definitely weren't this many this time last year..
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Maybe it's something about your ELO range? I do encounter bad players occasionally, bad games happen to everyone, but I've yet to actually meet a troll in my ~270 normal games (I know that's not a lot, but my hidden ELO can't be too low with ~75% win rate). Some people sucked really, really bad... but they never intentionally screwed up the games.
    Well, then you are just very very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Does not work, the worst whinners in western europe are those playing about 1AM, in the time that schoolkids should be sleeping. Guess what? It's probably not the adolescents who are ruining the game.

Still better than the "AFK, you guys suck" crowd.
    Fact is that gaming schoolkids aren't asleep at 1 am.